Archived Cartwheel hell is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
54 days of 50% off the toy of the day on Cartwheel is back on the 1st. The toy will not be revealed until the LOD comes in the next morning, the stores are not to sign it (yeah, sure) and each store will have at least 6 units.

As usual, we don't price match, but you know many will try, some will find a TM who doesn't know any better and succeed, and the rest of us will have to pay the price for 54 long days.

Kill me now.

Shouldn't be too bad. They're not goin on a special endcap or anything this year, and without signing it should be largely out of sight, out of mind.

...Right? :p

As this is my first holiday season with the company, what types of deals did they have last year?

Each day they pick a different toy to feature as 50%. It will either be a dud that won't sell unless a guest happens to be looking for it, or it will be a super hot toy that will be gone by 9am leaving you, as the TM, to listen to guests complain all day. There will be some debate in your store on whether or not the toy can be held, and you will receive calls before the store opens asking for it to be held. Some LODs will hold it, some won't. Some TMs will get the memo, some won't. You will be caught in the middle of the firestorm every day you work.

You will want to never see another toy again by November 3rd.

Shouldn't be too bad. They're not goin on a special endcap or anything this year, and without signing it should be largely out of sight, out of mind.

...Right? :p

Hardly.

Once folks figure out that there is a daily deal, they will check their Cartwheel....DAILY. They will call and ask to have 1 held or they will be busting through the door at open to get 1, or 2 or 3.

What is mind boggling is that someone at corporate thought it was funny to have only 6 available at each store. Stuff like this helps to affirm my decision to part ways with Spot before the holiday shopping really kicks in :)

There is a list available of all the toys, we are to research the entire list each wednesday when toys is researched to ensure that the OH's remain accurate to support the cartwheel deal of the day.

There is a list available of all the toys, we are to research the entire list each wednesday when toys is researched to ensure that the OH's remain accurate to support the cartwheel deal of the day.
Good luck but Wednesday we will need you to push paper then smart huddle 2 pallets of frozen ftom Tuesdays FDC truck oh and did I say push reshop for c and d. So good luck in actually doing your job instocks.

Last year we didn't have a dedicated endcap for this but this year we will. It's going to be extremely annoying.

So how about that Barbie glitter hair thing doll! We've probably sold...one since 8 am. I'm closing tonight so I'll check to see how many are gone later.

So how about that Barbie glitter hair thing doll! We've probably sold...one since 8 am. I'm closing tonight so I'll check to see how many are gone later.
We had 6 units & were sold in 3 hours. I had too much fun with the shopkins mystery box, too.

We had 6 units & were sold in 3 hours. I had too much fun with the shopkins mystery box, too.

Oh my god, I had a mob attack me about those things. We only had 14 in the back and they were gone in an hour. It's going to be a bad night in toys :( For the Barbie we have around 10 of each dpci.

Oh my god, I had a mob attack me about those things. We only had 14 in the back and they were gone in an hour. It's going to be a bad night in toys :( For the Barbie we have around 10 of each dpci.
Then, the clearance prices for seasonal did not show up for 2 hours on the registers. Then, you realized the maybe 1 or 2 cashiers know how to use percentage buttons on register.:(

Then, the clearance prices for seasonal did not show up for 2 hours on the registers. Then, you realized the maybe 1 or 2 cashiers know how to use percentage buttons on register.:(

Oh man don't even get me started on the PCVs they created...SFTL kept telling them to hit Ad Substitute instead of GPC but nobody listened.

So
Glad I read this because nobody ever tells pharmacy about this kind of crap & we would have some pissed off guests!

Oh man don't even get me started on the PCVs they created...SFTL kept telling them to hit Ad Substitute instead of GPC but nobody listened.
I'm just glad that this issue was fixed after only about two hours after we opened, so we only had to deal with it for a short while. Our LOD today just wanted to get rid of everything Halloween in the store, so he told us to just mark down anything seasonal half off. Everything. If it even had spider webs or something he told us to just go full nuclear with it.

Can't say I woulda authorized that myself, but he's the boss. He just wanted everything "Halloween" out of the store ASAP.

So apparently today's frozen toy on cartwheel isn't one we carry...it's some $9.99 toy. Nothing major. So my etl decided to vibe with the (coupon we) guest and tells her to go ahead and grab another frozen toy and we'll give her 50% off. So of course she grabbed a $50 toy and then proceeded to call all of her friends to tell them to come do the same thing.

I guess after doing this like 5 times, my etl finally caught on and said the toy had to be the same price (or lower) as the one on cartwheel.

They should differentiate what the Toy of the Day is. Today's toy is the Frozen Royal Castle Play Tent and not the pop vinyls, but you would not know that until you checked the details of each. Both are 50% off, both are for today only but only one is fully detailed as it was meant to be the daily cartwheel offer.

So apparently today's frozen toy on cartwheel isn't one we carry...it's some $9.99 toy. Nothing major. So my etl decided to vibe with the (coupon we) guest and tells her to go ahead and grab another frozen toy and we'll give her 50% off. So of course she grabbed a $50 toy and then proceeded to call all of her friends to tell them to come do the same thing.

I guess after doing this like 5 times, my etl finally caught on and said the toy had to be the same price (or lower) as the one on cartwheel.
Wasn't it a tent?

They should differentiate what the Toy of the Day is. Today's toy is the Frozen Royal Castle Play Tent and not the pop vinyls, but you would not know that until you checked the details of each. Both are 50% off, both are for today only but only one is fully detailed as it was meant to be the daily cartwheel offer.

Ah. That's what it was. Regardless, my etl went overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back