Archived Cartwheel Signs

Should Target create a signing just for cartwheel?

• Yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

theanimal

Hardlines Team Lead
Hello everyone, tried to look on here but didn't come across what I was looking for. Does anyone know of a smart way to make cartwheel signs that aren't lame? I mean is there any template that your store uses for 3x3's or anything else of that nature? I am just tired of all our stores signs looking so different. I want to make a template to use that is the same for everyone instead of going to one side and seeing a basic text 7x11 and going across the store and seeing a sign with logos and such.

Does anyone know what the Cartwheel font is or anything of that nature? I just want to make it look as it was something Target made, and not our store to put up...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

When I was more involved in the ad months ago, there was a 7x11 template. Definitely haven't seen a 3x3.

Hello everyone, tried to look on here but didn't come across what I was looking for. Does anyone know of a smart way to make cartwheel signs that aren't lame? I mean is there any template that your store uses for 3x3's or anything else of that nature? I am just tired of all our stores signs looking so different. I want to make a template to use that is the same for everyone instead of going to one side and seeing a basic text 7x11 and going across the store and seeing a sign with logos and such.

Does anyone know what the Cartwheel font is or anything of that nature? I just want to make it look as it was something Target made, and not our store to put up...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I wouldn't do it unless you ask first. We made our own Template and our DTL made a big hooplah about us taking them all down..

I hope this is ok to bring up in this thread....but I'm baffled that Target doesn't promote Cartwheel way more. More signs, lists at the entrance of top Cartwheel deals....like the MP milk, which is always 5% off, could have a permanent sign.

Even a little kiosk or something to help people get started. I get so many guests at the register who have it but don't use it, or had it but deleted it because they didn't get it.

For something obviously meant to drive loyalty it sure is on the down low and it's weird to me.

With all of the freestanding product displays right at the entrance, in front of the registers, and taking the place of regular sidecaps, my store is already there.
Same at my store. Pallets everywhere at the front and what not. To be honest the Wally World next door looks better than us in appearance.

With all of the freestanding product displays right at the entrance, in front of the registers, and taking the place of regular sidecaps, my store is already there.
We have none of those up now for the "hotel lobby" look.

We have a template saved from the daily toy deals.

Our STL believes we should be talking to Guests and letting them know the deals instead of a sign. We just do price points and cartwheel signs.

Our regional leader (director? VP? Idk) said that putting up store-made cartwheel signs was hurting our profit margins. It makes some sense - if a guest comes in to buy an item and then they see it's on cartwheel, they are going to end up spending less money. The idea behind cartwheel is for guests to browse through the app (at home or in the store) and see something that is on sale (that they wouldn't normally buy) and get it. Giving people discounts on stuff they would already buy might help guest loyalty a little bit, but it also hurts margins. We want them to buy something they weren't already planning on getting.

Our regional leader (director? VP? Idk) said that putting up store-made cartwheel signs was hurting our profit margins. It makes some sense - if a guest comes in to buy an item and then they see it's on cartwheel, they are going to end up spending less money. The idea behind cartwheel is for guests to browse through the app (at home or in the store) and see something that is on sale (that they wouldn't normally buy) and get it. Giving people discounts on stuff they would already buy might help guest loyalty a little bit, but it also hurts margins. We want them to buy something they weren't already planning on getting.
On the other hand, guests might decide to buy something they would have otherwise passed on without the discount.

For us, our district someone (who knows who, but up high) sends out an email with all the deals and tells us to make sure they are signed. I agree thought that guests are not the smartest when it comes to reading and how it is a cartwheel deal and not a sale.

My STL and DTL are big on ensuring cartwheel is advertised, especially with it now showing as a metric thing along side with basket size.

On the other hand, guests might decide to buy something they would have otherwise passed on without the discount.
Agreed with that. It is great to have at the front lanes, having end caps that mentioned cartwheel discounts as that can add to basket size. And given the margins in alot of the stuff at the front lanes it isn't too big of a deal margin wise.

My pmt had to audit the target app accurately showing cartwheel deals based on location in the store. The new led lights are Bluetooth capable to help with locating a guest in relation to deals...

I hate the cartwheel signs because most of our guests don't read them and then get all mad when their item rings up full price.
Me: well did you scan your cartwheel?
Guest,: what the #$%& is cartwheel

Or they have Cartwheel but don't know they have to actually add the item to their list inside of the app. I have seen this too many times as a cashier that now I ask them "and do you have all of your deals added to your list in cartwheel?" before I scan their barcode.

They will sign Cartwheel even less going forward. Cartwheel deals will be less broad line and more tied to each guests shopping habits and personalized based on their transaction history. The LED lights and wireless beacons will alert the guest when they're near a deal.
These are much better solutions from a guest engagement and margin perspective IMHO.

The issue is that there are people at director/group/region level trying to show HQ that making cartwheel signs, or using the metered unload process, or whatever idea they come up with is the way to go. So we get different districts doing different things. Even at the STL level and DTL level people are getting desperate to perform because they are in jobs they aren't qualified for. So if they think they are going to increase sales by putting up cartwheel signs, HQ be damned they are going to do it.

True. During the holidays the Redwire from HQ said NOT to sign the Cartwheel Toy of the Day. Our DTL said to sign it, so each day we did.

We are made to sign it and make an endcap with it (and other items on cartwheel) so it's the first thing the guests sees as it is what they are coming in for.

Some store are now getting signs emailed to them every monday to be printed and put up. Pain in the ass. What can't corporate just send the signs if they want them put up! It is so annoying.

I agree, it is so broad termed sometimes that it doesn't apply to everything

I hate the cartwheel signs because most of our guests don't read them and then get all mad when their item rings up full price.
Me: well did you scan your cartwheel?
Guest,: what the #$%& is cartwheel
My fun was when the guest lifted the cart its self and asked where the bar code was. These are the best times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back