Archived Cash Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the column you have listed as “CL” is the 999 amounts from the cash advance worksheet. This is all the start funds that get banked at night (check lanes, electronics, food avenue, SCO, etc) by denomination. So if you have had a change in registers then this will change. This will also change if you change your start funds for the holidays for example. The next column is for lanes that get banked in the morning (SD, check lane start funds, SCO start funds ie 15/16) by denomination. These will also change if you change start funds for the holidays.

So when looking at your safe, everything to the left of those columns are what gets counted and verified every night. This is all your bills strapped and the few loose bills. Everything in the last two columns should be what is ready to be banked. Either at night or the next morning. This is everything that is in the advance worksheet. This does not get verified at night by the closing lead.

Also the far right column (SD, 15/16) has the coin advance for the change fund in the lower section by denomination.

This all added up is what you have in your safe. It’s your safe balance once you are done processing. I look at my safe like this. Top shelf is my “bank”. Middle shelf is my advanced. And bottom shelf is anything not counted yet or added to the safe. Like unprocessed bags and change from the bank that has not been added to the safe yet.

Hope that made sense for you.

TLDR: the two columns will change based on adding removing registers or start fund amounts.

So the column you have listed as “CL” is the 999 amounts from the cash advance worksheet. This is all the start funds that get banked at night (check lanes, electronics, food avenue, SCO, etc) by denomination. So if you have had a change in registers then this will change. This will also change if you change your start funds for the holidays for example. The next column is for lanes that get banked in the morning (SD, check lane start funds, SCO start funds ie 15/16) by denomination. These will also change if you change start funds for the holidays.

So when looking at your safe, everything to the left of those columns are what gets counted and verified every night. This is all your bills strapped and the few loose bills. Everything in the last two columns should be what is ready to be banked. Either at night or the next morning. This is everything that is in the advance worksheet. This does not get verified at night by the closing lead.

Also the far right column (SD, 15/16) has the coin advance for the change fund in the lower section by denomination.

This all added up is what you have in your safe. It’s your safe balance once you are done processing. I look at my safe like this. Top shelf is my “bank”. Middle shelf is my advanced. And bottom shelf is anything not counted yet or added to the safe. Like unprocessed bags and change from the bank that has not been added to the safe yet.

Hope that made sense for you.

TLDR: the two columns will change based on adding removing registers or start fund amounts.
If you are using the recycler then this info is exempt.

That’s not true. The safe balance worksheet is exactly the same. The only thing that changes is what is entered in the COA.
Yes, you still use the SBW, but without going into too many details, you don’t need to use it like you described. For example, you should not have any loose bills if you use the recycler.

Yes, you still use the SBW, but without going into too many details, you don’t need to use it like you described. For example, you should not have any loose bills if you use the recycler.
That is true with the recycler. But the only difference is that. When you don’t have loose bills of a denomination it’s zero so this is no different. With a recycler it’s just always zero. Everything else is the same whether using one or not. You still have to account for all your advances in the safe along with all the strapped cash and coins. It all contributes to your entire safe count. Which is what the SCW is for.

Plus when using the recycler you need those numbers by denominations to enter into the safe deposit screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back