Cash Recycler

The new software should speed things up.... there’s no troubleshooting you just count, enter what you have and send it off. My assumption is this new software is in preparation for the cash recyclers where the error will be slim to non so they’re not worried about being able to troubleshoot or know if you’re off.

It takes both of our CO folks 1-2 hours longer. With our front end having bare min. staffing in the morning, it really makes it difficult to give openers their breaks. Our CO folk are usually scheduled either SD, GSA, SCO, or cashier when they're done. I hope they get a flow soon.

It takes both of our CO folks 1-2 hours longer. With our front end having bare min. staffing in the morning, it really makes it difficult to give openers their breaks. Our CO folk are usually scheduled either SD, GSA, SCO, or cashier when they're done. I hope they get a flow soon.

Our CO is scheduled in the afternoon when we have more coverage.

This is news to me. So will CO be eliminated or just more streamlined?
More streamlined. You’ll still need someone to run the cash recycler. This will just shorten the time and the margin of error with humans counting. You just put the whole stack of money in the counter and it pops out a number.

I've been using the manual count sheets to record my counts since the counter is no longer hooked up to the system.
RIP CP400 :(

Why are you using the manual count sheets? Why not just type in the amounts into the computer?

We’ve had bouts at my store in the past where the cash counter wasn’t hooked to the system before. We just type it in.

The new software takes maybe a hair less time than CP4000. Only because there’s nothing to troubleshoot.

At my store it’s about 3 hours, but we are a Suoer T with 12 SCOs (those are a B to count) and about 40 registers overall.

I guess I really don’t get how the new software takes more time, now that we don’t double check our work. What are the other CO people doing, that I’m not???

I guess I really don’t get how the new software takes more time, now that we don’t double check our work. What are the other CO people doing, that I’m not???
I’m paranoid that my transfer to safe numbers will be off so I count my bundles/straps multiple times to make sure they are correct. Once you enter an amount you can’t edit it.

More streamlined. You’ll still need someone to run the cash recycler. This will just shorten the time and the margin of error with humans counting. You just put the whole stack of money in the counter and it pops out a number.
So do you still separate the denominations or just stack them all together? I hate going thru the SCO cash and “dealing” it out into the correct piles.

I’m paranoid that my transfer to safe numbers will be off so I count my bundles/straps multiple times to make sure they are correct. Once you enter an amount you can’t edit it.

How often are you really off though? I mean in the risk:time ratio it’s gotta be hardly worth the effort.

What’s more likely (and now impossible to catch with the new system) is that you mis-type as you count checklanes (A finger flub)

What happens when you mis count a lane? Nothing.

What happens when you mis count at transfer to safe? Nothing.

In all times, aim to count as accurately as possible, of course. But IMO there’s no need to recount straps over and over.

So do you still separate the denominations or just stack them all together? I hate going thru the SCO cash and “dealing” it out into the correct piles.
I haven’t used one at target but we had one at my old job. It can count it without sorting but you still have to end up sorting to bundle all the money.

Why are you using the manual count sheets? Why not just type in the amounts into the computer?
Our currency counter frequently jams & it's difficult to adjust a gap that will work with crisp new bills without chewing up old, tattered ones so we seldom get the same count twice.
We've sent off for new counters (LaRue crap) only to get 'reconditioned' ones that aren't any better.
What’s more likely (and now impossible to catch with the new system) is that you mis-type as you count checklanes (A finger flub)
Our most frequent error is accidentally counting $100s under the $50 line.
What happens when you mis count a lane? Nothing.
What happens when you mis count at transfer to safe? Nothing.
And there's nothing to tell you if you're off which is driving many of us COTMs crazy as we all have certain levels of OCD.

Ha I’m just now realizing the counters are supposed to be tied into the computer software. I know I take way too long but I’m not used to the target CO set up. I’m only scheduled as a backup COTM but I used to do a similar job for another store all in about 30-45 mins target takes me 2+ hours

Anyone tried to call g4s for service? As in your training wasnt superb & you had simple questions. Two times now, both over 45 minute calls, for simple answers that I will never have to call them for again 🤣😂🤣 #besttrainingever

Back