Answered Cashier Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the customer inserts their debit card and takes it out before the transaction is over (before I hit total), then they have to insert their debit card again right? Because that happened a couple of times today, and the computer just said “paying” for a really long time even though the card was taken out already and it usually says authorizing after the debit card is inserted, so I asked them to insert their card again after i hit total (and it worked). I just want to make sure that they aren’t doubled charged... Or should I have waited longer for the computer to process when the system said “paying”?

It is confusing because guests in the past could put their card in at any point after you scanned the first item. Now, they have to wait until you hit Pay. They are only charged once.

Technically they can still put their card in early now, but they have to completely finalize the process on the card reader before you hit total, or else it gets interrupted when you hit total.

Blame the machine(credit card issues), blame the remodel(sorry karen we don't have kareoke microphones/nich items), blame covid( masks or item shortages)

In my experience, if the guest puts a debit card in before answering the circle prompt, the register will freeze and the guest will need to reinsert the card.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back