Archived Cashier waterbottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting my first full week on Sunday after a week off because I wasn't able to get on the previous schedule. My question is are cashiers allowed to have water bottles at their register during their shift? For my first shift I brought a clear plastic water bottle because during my training shift my mouth got so incredibly dry and the drinking fountain was out of order. My TL came up to me and said we aren't allowed to have water bottles at our register. Is this a real rule? I think it seems kind of silly.

I'm starting my first full week on Sunday after a week off because I wasn't able to get on the previous schedule. My question is are cashiers allowed to have water bottles at their register during their shift? For my first shift I brought a clear plastic water bottle because during my training shift my mouth got so incredibly dry and the drinking fountain was out of order. My TL came up to me and said we aren't allowed to have water bottles at our register. Is this a real rule? I think it seems kind of silly.

I think it really depends on the store as far as what you can get away with. At my store we aren't really supposed to, but everyone does anyway. As long as we're not taking a big swig in front of the guests it's not an issue! I've even taken a fountain drink to the registers with me and stashed it, just so long as there is a lid on it. On sales floor we don't do this because there's no way to hide it. Check with the GSA or GSTL and see what their policy is.

My GSTL was the one who stopped me and she said I have to have a doctor's note?

My GSTL was the one who stopped me and she said I have to have a doctor's note?

Yeah I realized that after I re-read what you wrote LOL. Looks like your store doesn't allow it. Have you noticed any other cashiers with drinks? Every store is different, sorry!

No worries. It makes sense that every store would be different, but I think it makes more sense to just let us have water bottles haha.

During the summer when our AC systems were wonky, we allowed cashiers to have a water cup at the lane provided they didn't drink it in front of guests. When the weather cooled down, it was repealed.

At my store you need a Dr's note. I've found that my mouth becomes insanely dry too, and I start to get that awful dry-mouth breath, so I carry tic-tacs in my pocket and pop them all day. I've actually become known for my tic tac habit at my store, lol. TECHNICALLY we're not supposed to have gum or mints or anything either, but unless they want me breathing nasty breath all over guests, they can deal with me having a tic tac stashed in my cheek.

I think our store must be really lax about it. We are allowed to have just about anything at the registers as long as it is out of sight. Same thing with guest services and the fitting room.

At my store, our GSTLs say that we shouldn't have beverages at the registers, but some of the cashiers have drinks anyways, whether they're water bottles or fountain drinks from Food Ave.

At my old store, the official word was: No. As long as you were discreet about it and didn't drink it in front of a guest, you were fine.

At my store, our GSTLs say that we shouldn't have beverages at the registers, but some of the cashiers have drinks anyways, whether they're water bottles or fountain drinks from Food Ave.

I was always the one at my store who had a large cup of mountain dew. When I couldn't make it to the food court to refill myself i'd get the cart attendant to do it if he passed by lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back