Any way to get out of cashier shift for Black Friday?

Black Friday will be crazy because the news keeps telling everyone how short stores will be on everything.
Between that and the fact that it’s still “Black Friday”. No matter how long we run the sales some places still do things just for that day or weekend and many families have traditions of going shopping together that day. Some of my best BF memories are the groups in their cool group tshirts all shopping together. Last year during the height of this pandemic people still shopped like crazy on BF. Why? We ran the sales all week/season. Online has just as good of deals. But because people just want to and enjoy the madness and to some it begins the start of their Christmas season.

We had some folks call out on Black Friday. I wasn't even scheduled until last moment. (I am on demand). It's so funny watching the idiotic supervisors scramble. They get all excited over new hires.....screw over those of us who are reliable and show up year after year.....and then, then, new hires are MIA. lol*

Every. Single. Year. Same Routine. Think they'd learn, eh?

We had some folks call out on Black Friday. I wasn't even scheduled until last moment. (I am on demand). It's so funny watching the idiotic supervisors scramble. They get all excited over new hires.....screw over those of us who are reliable and show up year after year.....and then, then, new hires are MIA. lol*

Every. Single. Year. Same Routine. Think they'd learn, eh?
I had an ETL tell me that is the reason that there is no extra holiday pay this year.

I countered part of the reason for the extra pay was for NON-SEASONAL workers too.

Back