Archived Cashing in vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. I have accrued vacation time/sick time/personal leave days that I will not use before leaving my company. Is the company required to pay me for that time?
It depends on the type of leave that you have. 24 states--Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island (after one year of employment), Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming--and the District of Columbia require that your employer include any unused vacation pay that has accrued (that you would have been entitled to use) in your final paycheck.

Source: https://www.workplacefairness.org/final-pay#3

So they are so hard up for money, they are willing to put a policy into place that won't affect half the states (including Minnesota and people at the corporate office!) because of employment laws, and will screw over the other half of the states. Classy.

My ETL-HR gave the spiel at this morning's huddle and said NY is not one of those states.

Yeah........no.

Starting January 1 2016 you will not get any pay out of earned vacation if you quit. This such nonsense is so wrong

Your right but only 24 states. So basically over half get screwed. Target is
One company right? We should all be treated equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back