Archived CEO Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCynide

Cosmetic Brand B*tch
So, the CEO is coming to my store tomorrow, and it's an absolute wreck. Our executives have known about the visit for weeks, but they only just told us today. On top of that, they have only scheduled 1, MAYBE 2, team members on the floor at any given time for the past few days.

Today, they pull out this giant tub of cosmetics for me to push, and then they tell me that I also have to handle all of that side of the store and also respond to all back-up calls. End of my shift comes, and the LOD goes, "This tub looks exactly like it did when I got here."

...what? Excuse me? LET the CEO try to engage me in conversation and ask questions about our store.

P.S. I usually love our management team, but they lose all mental capability when a visit comes up, and this visit is rendering them completely useless.

You don't even want to know the panic and hours we spent when Tina visited our store. For like an hour. I'd tell you how long of a shift I pulled but it would out me in a heartbeat...

I'd be honest if he were to talk to you. Brutal, unapologetic honesty is appreciated by most people when business is concerned.

I hope, FOR ALL OUR SAKE, it is still a wreck when he gets there...

He needs to see what target really is, on a normal day, not how it looks after it sends it's tms through the automatic car wash.

That's one thing I'll never understand. CEO, sure, I get the fact that he may not know what goes on day to day. Group and district, though? They most likely worked in stores, and see how leaders act day to day, compared to visits. I'll never, ever, accept the reasons given as to why we cannot operate at a high level all the time. Surely, if someone up higher the chain wanted to know, they could look at average payroll and compare it to the days coming up to a visit they participate in.

Insanity.

If the CEO visited my store and he talked to me (I know not even in the best dream ever) but I would be honest and tell him what things are really like... the ETLs can fire me after he leaves the building for all I care!

Back in the day our logistics tl said "visit- do what we always do, answer questions honestly. Don't panic"!. Of course he was fired but its Target. Visit, face it at this date these folks may be sweating bullets. Smile be pleasant and be happy you're not in their shoes.

He needs to see what target really is, on a normal day, not how it looks after it sends it's tms through the automatic car wash.
If your TLs have to work non-stop until the CEO gets there the store will look amazing. You can also expect TLs from the district to stop in and help. It was like throwback thursday at our store, all the TLs who transferred but stayed in district stopped in to help since the team already knew (and usually respected) them.

there's ways to see that if he really cares. announcing a visit ahead of time isnt the way to see target on a normal day.

To the OP...I wouldnt stress about it. Do the best you can and thats that. IF the visit goes bad its on the etls, stls, dtl and right on up the food chain. We had a big regional visit late last fall. The stl walked around saying how that when he first came to the store, we ( the store) had to go over night to prepare for visits...he went on to brag about his and the other etls leadership and how we no longer needed to do that. However, the stl failed to remember that for this visit he issue was bringing in team leads from other stores to help "prep" for the visit. In my all years I had never seen anything like that...they literally brought in people from other stores to help.

Was there ever a Target Undercover Boss? That would be cool to watch!

I remember when I was training a New person during a visit one day and the district TL came in our line. of course I acted like there was nothing different and helped the new person along who had no idea they were ringing out the district TL, after they were long gone I said " you know you just rang out of district Team lead" and the look on their face was pale and priceless, but I said they honestly did a good job. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back