Archived Chances of VML being termed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still trying to figure out how my VML is getting paid WAY WAY more than me in market when im basically doing the CTL role and have to routinely do Backroom, C&S and Plano stuff as well.

All they seem to do is just be a glorified softlines TM who occasionaly comes into hardlines to flex clearance and do a quick endcap.

Maybe its different at other stores but I have no idea why target is paying them this much
Mine looked like a bag person today. Legit. Ugh.

I just hope you guys are telling someone when you're picking up a vml's slack and such and that someone fixes it so this isn't the case. Vmls get paid the big bucks. You shouldn't have to do their work for 10.50 or whatever vmtm's make. It's bullshit.
How much do they make on average?

So our VML got canned for whatever reason. They are making his Visual Merchandising TMs do the work and an ETL checks in on them. This happened about 7 weeks ago.

TLs still start at 11?
Wages definitely differ from place to place for various reasons. Where I live, TLs start at like $13.50. Or they get a raise of $3.50 on top of what you already make.

The VML at my store was hired in at $24 an hour. That's straight from my very reliable HRTM friend.

my post above doesn't make much sense. I must have been out of it.
Tm starts 10. Tl starts 13. Key carrier 14, senior tl 15 and vml 16.

That's 48,000 a year. NO way!!
You must be in a high cost of living because etls start at 50,000 where I am.
No I'm in North Texas and cost of living is pretty normal here. We have no state income tax and no tax on food. I can't figure out why they offered that much. She doesn't seem to do much work either, so it's especially unwarranted.

We do have some team leads that have 25+ years with Target, so their pay in probably $20+ an hour. I had 19 years before being sold to CVS. My HRTM was a former HRTL and she didn't lose pay when her position was eliminated. Maybe our high TL pay for longterm employees was justification for the VML offer.

The VML at my store was hired in at $24 an hour. That's straight from my very reliable HRTM friend.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the VML just sets POGs and dresses the mannequins right?

But the Vmls have "vision" that no one else has. Gag me

My vml said she's no longer allowed (there was a vml meeting of some sort... Guess with the vmml) to even cross merchandise, so they've eliminated a large chunk of what creativity and vision she was putting to use. I'm not saying no one else is capable of cross merching. But that was one of the few things where she wasn't just doing something from a book.

I don't get what tgt is doing with this position. Idk if they're quite sure of the direction they wanna go in, either.

My vml said she's no longer allowed (there was a vml meeting of some sort... Guess with the vmml) to even cross merchandise, so they've eliminated a large chunk of what creativity and vision she was putting to use.
This.
I see all these mannequinned outfits & they just don't snap. They'd look SO much better with a necklace, belt, crossbag, etc but SLs were' told they 'can't'.
What in the frickety-frack is wrong with cross-merching?
It showcases what else the store has to offer, perhaps in a way the guest hadn't imagined (because so many guests lack imagination anyway, but I digress).

Yeaa my vml was accessorizing the mannequins. Before today we had a couple of beach day end caps in accessories. They had like hat, beach bag, swimsuit, beachy hat, sunglasses, spf and such. Not all on one end cap/table/mannequin deal, but I don't wanna get too specific. It was cool... But now it's over.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one at my store is the same, spending most of the day talking, grabbing food or Starbucks, and leaving projects unfinished for the TMs

my post above doesn't make much sense. I must have been out of it.
Tm starts 10. Tl starts 13. Key carrier 14, senior tl 15 and vml 16.

If I got a $3 raise to be a TL I really wished they wouldnt of eliminated the CTL position...im pretty much doing the same tasks as the CTL was doing and getting paid way less. I was on the bench for TL when they eliminated it too and the only positions that have been opened at my store is FATL which FA is now not even at my store and GSTL, which....F...THAT....I would of failed so hard at GSTL, not my thing...:(

I actually like the VML in my store and they do work hard and fit into our store really well, I just dont understand the pay structure of the position

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back