Archived Changes coming to RDC trailer loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple answer. It's more cost effective to pay kids at the store $12/hr instead of $20/hr at the warehouse to do the same job. What's insane about that company is that we would get in 1,000 of one item and then have it sorted and sat into a corner in the warehouse to then have it pulled 2 days later instead of going straight to the store. Sterilize is the same way. A store might get 20 cases but we shipped 1 at a time.

Simple answer. It's more cost effective to pay kids at the store $12/hr instead of $20/hr at the warehouse to do the same job. What's insane about that company is that we would get in 1,000 of one item and then have it sorted and sat into a corner in the warehouse to then have it pulled 2 days later instead of going straight to the store. Sterilize is the same way. A store might get 20 cases but we shipped 1 at a time.
May I add that this company is contributing to the unemployment rate negatively. Think about all the positions they eliminated and are eliminating. With E2E, do your own everything. They got rid of the team member that did trash. The cages are put to no use. Team members in the way with cardboard by the baler when I have to unload the FDC with my morning food team. Doing cardboard when mine is two cages worth amount, doing it right after I'm done pushing, will take a while. That may work when the amount is small but not when my priority is to fill the floor. The company is slowly driving itself to the ground with all these experiments. Same with the leader telling us not to use shopping carts that there's plenty of three tiers in the back. Yea, plenty with stuff in them hardly any that are empty.

Sometimes someone's job is to make up nice things and tell you nice things but whether those nice things ever see the light of day is a different story.

A good example is the location labels on the racks would be replaced because alot of them are ripped, torn, missing, or flat out wrong because the beam was replaced. I think I heard this every year for three years. But it hasn't heen done once.

Good thing humans have imaginations & fantasies, otherwise we wouldn't be able to pretend it's all good.
It's up to the team member doing backstocking in that particular location to replace said location label, as I found out from a fellow team member as I was trying to get through a batch.

It's up to the team member doing backstocking in that particular location to replace said location label, as I found out from a fellow team member as I was trying to get through a batch.

The TM should know how to do it, most don't. It's also the responsibility of whoever completes the 12 steps for that aisle. If it's not done then 🤷🏼‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back