Archived Chat Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do chat sessions even exist anymore? I remember doing them three years ago every month at my old store in Orlando, but after a few years and transfers later, I've only seen and attended them after the best team survey, once a year. Aren't they supposed to do a work center every month? Or did that get go out the window?

we still do ours monthly, nothing ever comes of them though, our biggest complaint is hours, we are averaging 2700-3000 piece trucks + 3 FDC trucks a week avg 1000 pieces all of which flow is in charge of and we are given 17-22 people a night, no where near enough, 3-4 of those people leave between 2AM and 4AM

maybe that's what it is with me too commie.

My new ETL said to me, "never hesitate to come to me with problems." I said, "Obviously, you haven't heard about me yet." A month later and I am surprised he doesn't run the other way when he sees me. (maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh)

If our store isn't going to have chat sessions I will have one on one conversations until I see change.

maybe that's what it is with me too commie.

My new ETL said to me, "never hesitate to come to me with problems." I said, "Obviously, you haven't heard about me yet." A month later and I am surprised he doesn't run the other way when he sees me. (maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh)

If our store isn't going to have chat sessions I will have one on one conversations until I see change.

I work my ass off, consistently get top performer -- to the point where I actually complained other TMs werent getting recognized. I rarely make waves and often solve problems as they come up, execute the solution then inform LOD or ETLs.

So when I partner with flow TL, log ETL and BR TL to raise issues and concerns, they're addressed immediately. Especially when I print out three copies of best practices, along with my core roles and what's expected with the unload process, my ideas to streamline the process and save on payroll are often received favorably.

I hate to say it, but if you brainwash yourself and phrase in Target speak and mention how it impacts sales/payroll -- they listen.

Our HR is really good.The chats are done consistently. They may not seem like they are being done consistently, but only 6-7 people go to each one. We make sure that everyone gets a chance to attend so you may only get to one every 8 months or so. The HR- ETL also will walk the floor and chat with team members all the time. It is not an official walking chat, but still the teams voice is being heard.

I had my first one yesterday. It was fine until the last question when the ETL-HR asked me how she was doing and how she could improve. Umm....do I look that stupid? No way was I going to answer that one honestly! The last guy to do that a couple of weeks ago lost all of his GSA shifts (not necessarily a bad thing) and they are working him out the door, I do believe.

We are supposed to be having "walking chats" but i have not experiences one and when we had sit down chat sessions i would invite myself.

Seems to be a trend for members here....

My honesty is mostly appreciated, higher ups can tell I have an issue from my body language, they know before I even speak that something is up.

Our store has gotten rid of sit down group chat sessions and moved more towards one on one walking chats. My guess is that they can't afford to take many people off the salesfloor for a long length of time.

Chats sessions do happen. It can be a walking one or a group one. Ck the boards at tsc for more info.

in some stores....there hasn't been one at my store in almost a year. Almost the same amount of time our STL has been here....hmm.

Ouch...really sad to hear this. Believe it or not, there is a goal to have a certain % of tms involved in a chat in a rolling year. If you are not having them at your stores, there might be a few things going on: 1) There is some pencil-whipping and number manipulation 2) The ETL-HR and STL are having walking chats and not really explaining what they are doing (not likely, but could be the reason) 3) They just aren't doing it for some reason. Can't think of a reason not to do chats, but it is possible.

If your STL and ETL-HR treat people well, there is really no reason not to chat. I will admit that there are times you hear some really strange stuff in chats, but it is also one of the best ways for me to get a good pulse on the store. More importantly, it helps me get some feedback for my ETLs and TLs to help them improve and be better leaders.

Sorry to hear you are not getting this opportunity. I would encourage to ask, assuming you feel comfortable, when the next chat session will be. As a little hint, the dates should be posted on your "Great Place to Work" board in the off-stage area somewhere.

They used to have chat sessions at my store but now they have team lead meetings.
My store has always had TL meetings, had one today. A few of us TMs at huddle asked that they try to keep it quick so that the TLs can get back out on the floor. When they go into a meeting we lose almost half our sales floor coverage.

Chat sessions were for TMs I feel like they were saying I don't care much about what TMs think, let's get rid of the chat sessions.

What are these "chats"? I've not been to one in the ENTIRE time I've been at Target, although I'm sure they wouldn't invite me because I've never exactly been "quiet" about any "issues" I have/see~LOL!!!! I recently met our new DTL and I'm sure he was a bit taken aback because everyone else was puckering up except me ;)

They used to post the times of the chat sessions and then post a summary of key points afterwards. Now they will mention it at a huddle and pretty much tell everyone that there's too much work to finish for anyone to go, but if you REALLY feel a need, it will be ok, but if you've been to one, you should let others attend. For a while it was by invite only. Awesome incentives for real tm feedback and input.

I had my first one yesterday. It was fine until the last question when the ETL-HR asked me how she was doing and how she could improve. Umm....do I look that stupid? No way was I going to answer that one honestly! The last guy to do that a couple of weeks ago lost all of his GSA shifts (not necessarily a bad thing) and they are working him out the door, I do believe.

Instead of your ETL-HR asking you directly about your concerns and issues of her, the STL is supposed to take her place at the end of the session so team members can freely speak without discouragement. Of course, she'd find out afterwards if she needs to improve, but she's not supposed to really know who said what. This is how my chat sessions worked.. well.. when we actually used to have them.

I talked to one of the team leads about it. She told me everyone has noticed how we have no chat sessions. There's no info on the wall or anything. The only time we ever have chat sessions are after the best team survey, and that one almost lasted two hours with our flow team because we had A LOT to say, knowing this really would be the only chance we'd get. I was told to bring it up with my ETL-HR, but sadly, out of all the ETLs in our store, she's the one who seems to be the most rude and unapproachable. I guess chat sessions will just be a yearly thing for this store. :\

I think the monthly chat sessions are a thing of the past. ETLs are supposed to do walking chats with team members outside of their own workcenters. They still do group chat sessions after BTS because it is based on the entire workcenter. Also, any team lead that does walk the vibe books correctly almost has a walking chat with members of their team alignment bi weekly.

Yeah, I was told my store doesn't want to take TMs off the floor so they only do walking chats. And those walks only include the newest TMs, never anyone with more than a month of tenure.

My store has chat sessions periodically. I only know about them because they're on the Table Talkers and the HR calendar. Conveniently enough, the front end chats are always on the day that I'm not available to work in the morning.

Do chat sessions even exist anymore? I remember doing them three years ago every month at my old store in Orlando, but after a few years and transfers later, I've only seen and attended them after the best team survey, once a year. Aren't they supposed to do a work center every month? Or did that get go out the window?

ours are walking chats and I don't feel comfortable with them at all so I have nothing to say. It's wrong to me to expect you to "speak" how you feel out in the open where ANYONE can stand around the corner listening. Let's say a TL hears what you say about them, even though they weren't supposed to, they start giving you a hard time ... then what? Nope I got NOTHING to say.

We don't have that. Couple of months ago, I saw a file on the computer named 'chat sessions', with a list of people attending them last year, with 2/3 of TM on it. Apparently, I was on one in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back