Archived Check Lane Endcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store is a Pfresh remodeling at the mo', we've got Integrated Guest Service (3 lanes) and 10 more regular lanes. What are some of your endcaps that do well up front?

Personally whenever we put Smart/Vitamin/Sobe Water we sell soooo much of it. Candy is also good for example in last week's ad the M&M's.

Basically I'm looking for something that doesn't necessarily need to be on sale, but will still sell a lot of it.

Only a total of 13 lanes? :huh: I have 22 lanes plus (4) four foot sections of space between CL1 and SSS.

26 POGs to maintain, of which:
2 battery endcaps (1/22)
4 candy endcaps (6, 8, 12, 14)
2 dvd pogs (1 new release, 1 value)
4 ad rotation (the "cartwell" area)
and the rest are as advertised/TPCs/flex space.

It's enough that we have one person who is responsible for the planning/execution of all endcap related processes, with the rest of us just supporting what they need done.

I'm constantly reminded by a HLTL to flex target brands in first, before flexing vendor/non-owned brands. MP water, fruit snacks, and Gatorade are always the go-to items, but they trick is keeping the water full. Our CL endcaps are just barely too short for two cases of water deep, so we have to be creative with staging additional product. Partnership with your CTL is a big one, as they can help you manage vendor relations/inventory when you have them on a POG, or you have flex space available. Vendors eat that stuff up like you have no idea.

PS: If you're going through a remodel, now is the perfect time to FIFO your candy/gum POGs and your backroom locations for it as well. I have one cashier spends their downtime during the day going through checklane gum looking for expired product. She rocks at it.

I usually just check online planogram for Checklane GM/Grocery... I put food stuff down more towards electronics, electronics stuff more towards grocery, Chemicals/H&B in the middle.

28 lanes

Put up a ice cream topping, ice cream cone endcap! Use Hersheys and MP, a compare and save type thing. You will sell everything you put up right now and its a great way to get rid of some of your older stuff. Market pantry fruit snacks sell great too. We did one with kids bubbles. We were filling it all the time. The single serve Dailys drinks fly off the shelf too. Just think what would you buy on impulse right now

Like someone else said, vendor product is a good idea. (Goldfish crackers sell like nobody's business). Partner with your CTL

At my store we always have extra product after Savor Spot and Consumables endcaps come down. You could try to time that with
whoever sets those and simply move the product from the expired POG to one of your extra endcaps. The cheap Kraft Mac and Cheese is a good one for us. We usually have an extra 400 or so when it gets killed from Savor Spot.

Talk to your backroom TL or ETL-LOG and see if there is overstock of any product in the backroom that could go on a checklane endcap (keep it to stuff that could be considered and impulse buy)

A couple of weeks before mini seasonal and seasonal reset, it is usually evident what we will have too much off that will end up going clearance. You could partner with your leadership to see if any extras could go up at the checklanes as well.

1 dollar hostess snacks are the winner. You'll sell the snot out of them. Your hostess guy will love you.

Like someone else said, vendor product is a good idea. (Goldfish crackers sell like nobody's business). Partner with your CTL

At my store, we always have a Pepperidge Farm endcap at the lanes. Stuff sells like you wouldn't believe (especially Goldfish, but really anything made by Pepperidge Farm).

I'm not sure where you are in the country but for our store which is close to the border we sell a TON of the obscure flavors of national brands. Our guests that come down apparrently only have a few options in their country so recently we put some of those DQ blizzard oreos on an endcap and sold 3-4 cases a day. This also works well for us with different flavors of cheetos or cereals that they don't have there.

Our city would be nowhere near what it is without these guests so we have learned what they like. We may or may not cater to their tastes...

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you are in the country but for our store which is close to the border we sell a TON of the obscure flavors of national brands. Our guests that come down apparrently only have a few options in their country so recently we put some of those DQ blizzard oreos on an endcap and sold 3-4 cases a day. This also works well for us with different flavors of cheetos or cereals that they don't have there.

Our city would be nowhere near what it is without these guests so we have learned what they like. We may or may not cater to their tastes...

My oreo endcap isn't selling :boredom:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back