Chemical reset - Discussion/planning/tips

I'm looking at this reset and it's a massive change. Wondering how is everyone planning their moves. To make it worst we only have 2 days to set with 4 TM. I don't think that is near possible unless I skimp on cleaning which I hate to do. Also our chemical dept. is fairly full, not quite as empty like a month ago.

Edit - Nvm, fixed.

Last edited:
We have 66 hours to set chem, not including Paper. Which means it will just be me and one other person to set. We are fairly empty though so moving the pigs won't be too bad.

We are planning on setting it next week and pushing the mini seasonal set to the following week.

Our chem shelves are disgusting. I'm going to see red if/when my colleagues skip cleaning while I get stink-eyed for being "slow."

Just about every single pog. NBD. 🙄

It'd be nice if they'd kept the small split POGs together at least, but nope... Let's just break everything up! I wish corporate would just tell us to not set mini essentials and use those hours to set chem.

What's your plan as far as sequencing? I know maps are different, but I'm thinking fabric care>aircare>flooring then, something like laundry/soap after... and wipes and bleach would be used for staging/flexing.

It'd be nice if they'd kept the small split POGs together at least, but nope... Let's just break everything up! I wish corporate would just tell us to not set mini essentials and use those hours to set chem.

What's your plan as far as sequencing? I know maps are different, but I'm thinking fabric care>aircare>flooring then, something like laundry/soap after... and wipes and bleach would be used for staging/flexing.

I'll likely start with drain, bleach, and fabric care as they move to our high capacity wall which is empty. Then laundry which has minimal moves. Dish soap, dish cleaning, and bathroom cleaners next. Then on to mops/brooms, dilutes, floor, and aircare last since those don't move either.

We are only setting the summer pogs for mini and ignoring the rest for now. So we will likely get into chem by mid-week next week.

Use the empty pogs of wipes and bleach for STAGING !? WHY move the stuff TWICE !!! ?

When I plan sequencing I always start with pogs that do NOT move first - bang them out so that the finished percentage is higher early in the week.

Then, for things that move: I walk the floor and find the most EMPTY section, cause if it’s empty then it will be fast to move something IN there.
The next move falls into place cause now I have a NEW EMPTY spot.
Rinse and repeat - continue filling each new “hole”.
If nothing is empty/light, i look for a POG that SHRINKS in footage - that will create an empty space.

Wipes WERE on our wall - which is now EMPTY - so the easiest thing to do for us will be to start with whichever pogs move TO that empty space. Set and done, not just staged to have to move again.

So happy we got the OK to save time NOT setting VALUE Mini-seasonal !
Leave Easter and set summer Pogs early, as it sells down.

Direction was to move Easter to mini but uncertain if I want to waste the time. It is supposed to salvage the 15th, I prefer to let it sit and sell mon/tue and scan it out salvage and set it Wed & Thur
’moving’ eats into ‘setting’ time and clearance sells better in home locations.

Also ; We need some time to correct the Stationary pogs where we used the first set of wrong strips !

Use the empty pogs of wipes and bleach for STAGING !? WHY move the stuff TWICE !!! ?

When I plan sequencing I always start with pogs that do NOT move first - bang them out so that the finished percentage is higher early in the week.

Then, for things that move: I walk the floor and find the most EMPTY section, cause if it’s empty then it will be fast to move something IN there.
If nothing is empty/light, i look for a POG that SHRINKS in footage - that will create an empty space.

Wipes WERE on our wall - which is now EMPTY - so the easiest thing to do for us will be to start with whichever pogs move TO that empty space. Set and done, not just staged to have to move again.

Direction was to move Easter to mini but uncertain if I want to waste the time. It is supposed to salvage the 15th, I prefer to let it sit and sell mon/tue and scan it out salvage and set it Wed & Thur

Also ; We need some time to correct the Stationary pogs where we used the first set of wrong strips !

This is how I typically sequence out transition moves as well. It's more efficient.

I'm staging things that were flexed into old Wipes/Bleach pog, then moving it into new wipes/bleach pog. Which will eventually be used to flex the aisle out, unless your leaving those aisles empty? All my pogs are moving including aircare and mops. Nothing is really being moved twice.

@SigningLady @Far from newbie You mind if I send a pic of our maps to pick your brains?

Last edited:
Ours is a huge move, moving floor care to one of the laundry aisles 3 blocks over, air care moving to where floor care was etc.. its going to be a pain. Atleast paper and wipes will be easy to set lol

My team is doing the chemical transition this week.

I noticed the Laundry pog calling for 48x22 shelves.
Is this intentional? Is there supposed to be higher capacity on these?

My team is doing the chemical transition this week.

I noticed the Laundry pog calling for 48x22 shelves.
Is this intentional? Is there supposed to be higher capacity on these?

Yes, that is intentional. For many stores, that laundry pog moves off the high capacity shelves of the backwall and into a gondola. Even with the 22s we had a ton of Gain backstock because of this move. Make sure you use the 22s that were sent with the signing pallet last week.for this pog.

I'm looking at this reset and it's a massive change. Wondering how is everyone planning their moves. To make it worst we only have 2 days to set with 4 TM. I don't think that is near possible unless I skimp on cleaning which I hate to do. Also our chemical dept. is fairly full, not quite as empty like a month ago.

Edit - Nvm, fixed.

Our Chem reset took us 4 days. It was me and my ETL we did all overnights (10p-8/830a). And this morning after truck was unloaded we pulled the entire truck team to help finish the stocking at 6am.

Yes, that is intentional. For many stores, that laundry pog moves off the high capacity shelves of the backwall and into a gondola. Even with the 22s we had a ton of Gain backstock because of this move. Make sure you use the 22s that were sent with the signing pallet last week.for this pog.

None of our laundry pogs were on 22inch shelves before the set. That's about 84 18inch shelves. So not sure why'd they send us only about 20 new 22inch shelves.

We have 5 people at my store doing the chem reset right now. One of them is part of the presentation team while the others have never done a pog before. This is going to be just great.

We have 5 people at my store doing the chem reset right now. One of them is part of the presentation team while the others have never done a pog before. This is going to be just great.

My store has had two working on it, and I don't think either of them had much idea about plano at all. The PLUG DBO and the Chem 'DBO' (Backup receiver). It's been an absolute disaster, they've been slowly working on it for almost two weeks. GM2 TL was off last week for the biggest moves. Nothing was pretied, stuff flexed onto the TP backwall and left for days without labels printed out. The whole set (less fragrance) was still not complete when I left last night.

None of our laundry pogs were on 22inch shelves before the set. That's about 84 18inch shelves. So not sure why'd they send us only about 20 new 22inch shelves.

Sorry, let me clarify. The Tide laundry pogs have always been 18s and stay 18s for this set (or at least I assume so, haven't actually looked TBH). The Gain laundry pog is the one that gets the 22s that were sent. We switched the Tide pogs to 22s a few years ago to gain shelf capacity.

Sorry, let me clarify. The Tide laundry pogs have always been 18s and stay 18s for this set (or at least I assume so, haven't actually looked TBH). The Gain laundry pog is the one that gets the 22s that were sent. We switched the Tide pogs to 22s a few years ago to gain shelf capacity.

Well, our Gain and Tide/Naturals pogs are in the same aisle. So it would look weird to have 6 sections on 18s and then switch to 22s.

Back