Archived Cleaning house of Team Leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will bite them in the ass so hard. The college grads will take the positions and leave the second they find a position in their preferred field. Turnover will go through the roof.

I say this as a Team Lead with an Associate's, no Bachelor's, and making between $11-12/hr. Also, I'm supposed to interview for a Sr.TL position within the next month. (Then again, I have an interview outside of Target on Tuesday, so hopefully...)

It's funny. Of all the people I know that have either quit or been fired, most of them had degrees.

Here is the problem with requiring TLs to have degrees...once they find a real job for their degree, they will leave. Who wants to work in retail in a semi-managerial position making around $10.00-15.00 an hour which your degree really doesn't apply to.

Here is the problem with requiring TLs to have degrees...once they find a real job for their degree, they will leave. Who wants to work in retail in a semi-managerial position making around $10.00-15.00 an hour which your degree really doesn't apply to.

Almost no one. Once I get my degree it's only a little tempting to look into an ETL position knowing how much they have to work for their salary. A TL? Forget it.

One other thing I don't understand is how a college grad could have no retail experience at all. Did they really come this far without having a job yet?
Even if they were in some type if food service(whether it be in fast food or a real restaurant) I am sure most younger grads have had multiple jobs.

I thought it was a joke at my store when they hired an AP TL and one of our ETLs said " We are getting a new AP TL. Be nice to him because this is his first job." I curiously said "Oh his first job in retail/ap?" and the ETL said "no it is the first job he has ever had" :facepalm: I just stood there in silence. I think he was gone within a couple weeks and the excuse he gave is he couldn't handle it.

I chortled coke through my nose reading this. Lmao.

on the tl core roles, it says minimum requirement high school diploma or equivalent.
desired requirements, college degree.
i would print a copy for my records. i agree hlm, sounds like lawsuit material. i know they can change requirements, it's their company, but it would be too easy to dig up folks that have been deemed "blockers" and let go for being old or discriminated against, etc. even if they couldn't sue, they could definitely cause a media stink.

I chortled coke through my nose reading this. Lmao.

It's actually looks good on your resume at target....IF YOU HAVE NO RESUME! They purposely look for people with no job experience. Much easier to brainwash when there are no memories of working at sane, functional companies to compare targets CULTure to lol.

and in response to all the pyramid talk on page three...

If Stl/Etl positions are so coveted and hard to come by (which I agree that they are, especially in this economy), why are they hiring completely incompetant people for these spots? The last STL we had was a joke, ZERO people skills, anxiety and an Obvious social phobia, and he talked in a funny voice without being able to look you in the eye. He inhereted a good running store with a high functioning team (with decent moral), and when he left, he had fired all the good teamleaders and replaced them with the worst bozos he could find (I think because he was underqualifed and incompetant he tried to find even worse people then himself to make himself look better in comparison), and completely turned the entire store off.

Dek, I printed a copy too. Old age & not a 4 year degree, spot will try demote or fired you. I am safe for now, but 2 other tl's were demoted to tm's. Both were over 55 years.

yep, that's the ticket. you never see upper management in the back of "red" appearing in the high number columns. its always pricing team members, hr team members, etc.

my etl, who's been with the company well over a decade, in several different states, has never seen an stl retire. they get fired long before that or go on mysterious LOAs.

if you look up dtk, in the corner it has a place for other reports. you can see the actual turnover by position for the company (etls too), and how long they have been there before being termed. take a peek at it. very interesting...

It's actually looks good on your resume at target....IF YOU HAVE NO RESUME! They purposely look for people with no job experience. Much easier to brainwash when there are no memories of working at sane, functional companies to compare targets CULTure to lol.

calling target's CULTure a cult is an insult to cults :p

yep, that's the ticket. you never see upper management in the back of "red" appearing in the high number columns. its always pricing team members, hr team members, etc.

my etl, who's been with the company well over a decade, in several different states, has never seen an stl retire. they get fired long before that or go on mysterious LOAs.

if you look up dtk, in the corner it has a place for other reports. you can see the actual turnover by position for the company (etls too), and how long they have been there before being termed. take a peek at it. very interesting...

I don't know what's wrong with your District/Store, but the things you portray don't match mine. Heck, a STL in my district just left spot for a VERY high position in a Fortune 500 company, an ETL was promoted to STL just a couple months ago and a SrTL looks to be headed to ETL within the next month or so.

and in response to all the pyramid talk on page three...

If Stl/Etl positions are so coveted and hard to come by (which I agree that they are, especially in this economy), why are they hiring completely incompetant people for these spots? The last STL we had was a joke, ZERO people skills, anxiety and an Obvious social phobia, and he talked in a funny voice without being able to look you in the eye. He inhereted a good running store with a high functioning team (with decent moral), and when he left, he had fired all the good teamleaders and replaced them with the worst bozos he could find (I think because he was underqualifed and incompetant he tried to find even worse people then himself to make himself look better in comparison), and completely turned the entire store off.

Sounds like your DTL/GVP/Whoever made a terrible hire... it happens. Some people interview REALLY well, but don't have the job capabilities to match, some people test REALLY well, but struggle with homework... it happens. That's life and business, mistakes are made.

Sounds like your DTL/GVP/Whoever made a terrible hire... it happens. Some people interview REALLY well, but don't have the job capabilities to match, some people test REALLY well, but struggle with homework... it happens. That's life and business, mistakes are made.

i want to believe that's the case.

Just an update. I haven't seen any of my GSTLs since the day I posted this blog and the Backroom TL was sent out of the HR office Sobbing. O.0

holy ************ lol.

hope this doesnt happen at my store... my team leads are awesome people :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back