Archived Clopening

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this obsession ETLs seem to have when they schedule me closing, they ALWAYS have my opening or early morning the next day. I've said I hate closing anyway, but I agree to it every now and then as a favor to an ETL I like, then get screwed over on the next schedule because no one can just look to see what I work the Saturday before.

So I go to the ETL who scheduled me closing and tell him I feel guilty letting him down but I'm not working till midnight then coming in at 6am. I'm just not. So he says he'll take care of it then HRTM says he set it to 11pm closing instead. At that point I put my foot down and said no, 10pm at the latest. I'm not killing myself for these people anymore. They don't give a flying fuck about me, so I'm not giving a fuck about them and their "business needs".

Sorry, I just needed to rant.

My ETL-GE feels the need to schedule me til 10 the night before I have to be back at 6. I've been late to every one of those shifts so far because I don't just go to sleep right away.

We get scheduled close to open all the time, like 5 of us. Sometimes 8 hours between shifts but when you have to drive home, get ready for bed, feed kids, drive back, all that shit, you maybe get 5 hours of sleep.

That's fucking bullshit. Our schedule maker is a lazy twat who punishes people with this shit. One girl in particular is always scheduled clopen with 6 hours off between shifts. I don't know why but they obviously hate her. :(

I was having the same issue until i had enough and change my availability. Then during friday mornings i would check the schedule online since that's when they're usually changing stuff around. If i saw i would have a close/opening shift then i would call and they would change it.

Plus it is law (at least where I live) that you have to have an 8 hour turnaround between shirts.

I had reason to look up federal law once. No guaranteed rest breaks, meal breaks or minimum time between shifts. Your employer can literally work you around the clock without giving you so much as a bathroom break. If your state sticks to federal minimums (like the last state I lived in) you have no protections against a clopening.

Target should go back 9 to 9 and Sundays 10 to 6

Eh, Being open early is a convenience to people who don't want to wait for amazon. I felt 8 was a perfectly good start time. 7 is pretty wasteful considering how few guest we have at that time. If we didnt open until 10 we would lose a lot of money.

Plus it is law (at least where I live) that you have to have an 8 hour turnaround between shirts.

Mytime flags shifts less than 8 hours apart so a 12 pm to 6am should not happen unless the writer is a dick. I wish mytime blocked these shifts just like they block minors working until midnight or more than 8 hours.

Certain worker friendly states require a 10 hour gap. I feel that's reasonable. 8 hours in theory to sleep and 2 hours minimim for commute, getting ready, settling down.

P9b0gQl.png

Yeah, almost all the TLs and ETLs either work mid or have their day off after closing. A few TLs who write their own schedules clopen occasionally but it's usually 11-8. Which is a reasonable amount of time between shifts.

In 20 plus years I have had one "clopen" I got off at1130 pm had to be back at 7 the next morning( was during4th quarter so I knew I just had to suck it up ) . To say it sucked would be an under statement. To those of you who have to do this on a regular basis. You have my respect. Like others have said at my store the closing etl./stl wont even been seen the next day till at least 9 am .

Clopens are pretty common at my store, for everyone including ETL's. I have NO idea why they keep doing that a little more effort would prevent it. I don't have to worry anymore since I'm now the designated mid-shift sacrifice for End to End.

On the turn around time, its state by state. My state there's a 6(!) hour minimum between shifts. I know in other states, there's actually a 12 hour window.

Clopens are pretty common at my store, for everyone including ETL's. I have NO idea why they keep doing that a little more effort would prevent it. I don't have to worry anymore since I'm now the designated mid-shift sacrifice for End to End.

On the turn around time, its state by state. My state there's a 6(!) hour minimum between shifts. I know in other states, there's actually a 12 hour window.

Aside from laws target best practice is an 8 hour gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back