Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have yet to get my review, even though everyone that I've talked to has. Rumor going around is that they are trying to get our ETL-GE to do it since he was my ETL during most of the year, but rightfully so he doesn't want to do it since he's no longer my ETL. Plus, it does me no good to have him do it since I can't get any feedback whatsoever about what I can improve on since he isn't my ETL.

Next shift is on Friday, and if I still haven't gotten it by then I'll have a talk with my ETL-HR Friday night or some point on Saturday.

The random base pay raise had nothing to do with work ethic and the annual one is supposed to. I don't blame them, since most annual raises are less than the base pay jumps- if you even got them.
They are complaining despite making more than this new company-wide base pay for the past 8+ months. The annual raise does have to do with work performance but it was inflated last year due to the base pay raise and would have been inflated again this year if we hadn't gotten a separate raise already.

if we hadn't gotten a separate raise already.

I was very happy with my ETL-HR this review season. Raises had been calculated based on the old base pay, but then base pay went up because of the new minimum wage by a dollar, so she cancelled all the raises and recalculated them after the new pay was in effect. Probably equated to a nickel extra for most people, but it was a nice gesture.

Most tm got E n most were at 1.28 at the most I did 30 reviews n even my one ie got 1.00 target bumped everyone to $10 next years reviews I bet won't be as much

Finally got mine. Got an E overall with Ex for one thing. 8% raise which comes out to an extra 90 cents. Not thrilled with the E rating but I'll take the raise.

Was there a paygrade bump again? I got an IE, and was told it was primarily because our store as a whole is red on redcards (and has been for the entirety of my time at the store) and that it negatively affected all GSA/GSTL equally.

Despite IE, I got a ~9% raise.

Last year we had a payrate increase, so I went up $1.30, $1.00 from payrate increase, 0.30 from review, this year went up nearly $1.00 again, and no mention of base payrate increase.

Last edited:
I ended up getting an E, w/o base I ended up getting a .28 raise. I feel bad about being paid close to what the decade vets are paid, we're gonna lose some good employees soon I feel.

Got an EX and went from $9.86 to $10.40.

My review says that's a 54cent raise.

ASANTS, I'm sure, but I was told that if you already made above $9.50 you did not get a bump in pay before the raise. That's why my 54 cent raise equals 10.40.

This is my 9th year. Brand new teenage cashiers make 40 cents less than me. Yay.

Got an EX and went from $9.86 to $10.40.

My review says that's a 54cent raise.

ASANTS, I'm sure, but I was told that if you already made above $9.50 you did not get a bump in pay before the raise. That's why my 54 cent raise equals 10.40.

This is my 9th year. Brand new teenage cashiers make 40 cents less than me. Yay.
$9.86 to $10.40 is a 54 cent raise.

You got bumped up to the new $10 base and then a 40 cent merit raise on top. Which still sucks for as long as you've been working for spot.

Still no review here. Asked my ETL about it, was told that she "didn't have it" and that she'd "look into it". Sounds like they really want our ETL-GE to do my review. Which is really stupid because nothing that he can say about my performance is relevant anymore.

Just got my review, E's across the board, 32 cent raise.
I was making 50cents above minimum last year but the minimum wage increase to $10 means now I'm making 32 cents above minimum, target logic. o_O

Well I'm told there are only so many "Os" to be handed out per store. You could have 10 members that deserve them, yet only 2 will get them??? So be it,,,,but don't ding me under Healthy Team Culture, for lack of communication, and positive attitude, when I've communicated my teams ongoing frustrations to my TL an above, then told, we'll get to that later,,,,

Still no review here. Asked my ETL about it, was told that she "didn't have it" and that she'd "look into it". Sounds like they really want our ETL-GE to do my review. Which is really stupid because nothing that he can say about my performance is relevant anymore.
Why wouldn't your TL write your review?

Usually, they would have the leader you worked most of the year write your review with input from your new leader. Then, have the new leader deliver the review so you can discuss future performance suggestions etc.

Has this or something like this happened to anyone else?

I was told that my official TL didn't write my review; another TL who I worked with more often wrote mine (which did seem logical to me). Although neither the person who wrote my review nor my official TL talked to me about it. However both of them were working at the time when a 3rd TL went over my review with me. The scores seemed kind of low and I was a bit surprised that I'd be doing that poorly for an entire year without anyone mentioning anything. Plus they keep cross-training me and I normally get more hours than most people so I assumed I was doing something right. I asked the TL speaking to me about my review questions like "why was I given that score" or "what can I do to improve", but she really didn't have an answer to my questions. She told me to speak to a 4th TL if I had any questions. It just seemed like a lot buck passing.

I'd talk to your HR, pointing out the facts you just cited: that your review was delivered by a TL who didn't write the review despite the fact that the TL who DID was present in the store.
As a result, you could not get satisfactory answers to your questions in regards to development or reasons for your poor scores.
Push a little; it's not like you have anything to lose.

Why wouldn't your TL write your review?

The funny thing is that I don't actually know who wrote my review, just that my current ETL doesn't have it and that they've been trying to talk my old ETL into giving me my review. I imagine that our Sr. GSTL probably wrote my review since most of my time was spent in his workcenter, but still I'd much rather have my current ETL or even better my direct TL give me my review so that I can get accurate feedback. Like what the fuck am I supposed to say if it's my old ETL-GE giving me my review based on my performance as a GSA when I stopped working under him 5 months ago?

The funny thing is that I don't actually know who wrote my review, just that my current ETL doesn't have it and that they've been trying to talk my old ETL into giving me my review. I imagine that our Sr. GSTL probably wrote my review since most of my time was spent in his workcenter, but still I'd much rather have my current ETL or even better my direct TL give me my review so that I can get accurate feedback. Like what the fuck am I supposed to say if it's my old ETL-GE giving me my review based on my performance as a GSA when I stopped working under him 5 months ago?
The sane thing i say every year...nothing.

Finally had my review last week. Went from $9.52 to $10.92. My first ever Ex AND I finally got coded into the right workcenter after moving here last year.

Funny thing is, I actually thought I had one of my worst stretches working here since I remember my depression hitting me hard during the winter (thanks to the move).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back