Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my review. I can't say that I was particularly surprised based on what I've heard from here and other tms at my store -- but none the less, wasn't thrilled. I was given an E. My review was mostly positive, kind of bland. I was told that I had many O's and Ex's - but that since I joined just in Q4/seasonally that I couldn't "justifiably" be given an EX overall. The only area's I was asked to "work on" - were area's that my store//tl, literally, haven't found time to train me on. I didn't bother reading my individual scores since it clearly didn't play in to my overall rating that much.I'd rather just hear that I can't be given the raise I "earned" because my dept has at least two tms who have been there longer (which, ok I get - I'm all for tenured tms making more. I am.) -- but they were both nearly put on finals in the start of the year for excessive attendance issues (call offs, tardiness, leaving early from shifts, etc - the whole gamut) as well as a few in store performance issues, mostly guest related. (I.e. -- Just the other day one of these tms told me they don't know how to print 3x5 labels .... This tm has been with Spot longer than the amount of time I spent in college..... )

-- I will say I'm glad to hear at least one tms in my dept got a raise to where they are making more money at target again vs the second job they took this year - so maybe now they can stop blowing off their target shifts.

All in all, I guess I'm doing what I can & if I'm here this time next year I can in theory be given the rating I deserve.

Finally got mine today, I got an ex! I was surprised since I haven't been there long. Got a $1.30 raise too so I'm happy. They asked if I wanted to move up in the company too I was surprised but I want to know how to do everything before being higher up so I can actually be beneficial to team members.

Last edited:
I was asked if I've ever considered becoming a TL :confused: Didn't really see that coming- I'm pretty timid and more of a 'keep your head down and work' type of person, not to mention my mental health issues (that all of my leaders are now aware of) became somewhat problematic at work a few times over the past 4 months (nothing serious/disruptive- just being despondent enough that basically everyone in the store was like "...wtf is going on?!") so I was surprised they would even entertain the idea.

I basically said "It's crossed my mind, but I'm not sure." I'll probably bring it up again with my TL over the next few weeks and start feeling out if I think it's something I could truly be interested in. I'm just not sure the bump in pay is worth all of the new stress. In some ways I think I'd rather exceed expectations and be a kickass TM instead of constantly feeling like I'm underperforming as a TL.

But it was nice just to be asked- definitely encouraging!

Have not had mine yet, but I heard the TL for your department writes the reveiw so since my GSTL hates me I'm just gonna assume I'm getting nothing, but I guess it doesn't matter because we're going up to 10$ next month., lol.
Idk about your store, but at mine we discuss them as a TL/ETL team.
Fellow team member got a U AND NO RAISE. why's that? She's awesome when she's on the register???
a "U" means "unsatisfactory"... Your friend should clearly know why she received that rating. Usually a CA of some sort on performance? Different by store? Spoken to and trained multiple times but no improvement.

How are some of you getting $1 or more raises with E or EX. I got an EX and am on PA pay wage and it wasnt even half that. Im guessing it includes min wage increase, positional/role increase or something? No way you guys can be making that much money to get that high a raise just by itself. EX was like 4% raise if I recall from my sheet

Anyone who is still on the old minimum from last year will get $1 + raise.

Ex: Flow TM started in January 2015 at $9.50 (base + paygrade N07). They got an EX 4% review this year, so $.38. But since the base pay went up, they get a bump to $10.50 (base +paygrade N07) and then the $.38 on top of that. So a $1.38 raise up to $10.88 now.

Yepp- what SFS said.

I started in June of 2015 at $9.50, received an EX and am now up to $10.89. It just sounds far less depressing to tell myself I got a 14.5% raise than to consider the bump up to $10min lol :rolleyes:

No review yet for me. No one has even mentioned it. Not sure what I'll get since I've been late a few times lately. But I'm pretty sure my TL likes me. I'll have to casually bring it up at work tomorrow.

So lets say you are only .50 cents over base, do you still get $1 or do you only get .50 cents plus merit? Because i havent gotten my either

My review was so so I ended up with a e still but my review was still so so in one or 2 spots mostly redcards was the major key issue. I was definitely pleased compared to last year that review was just awful.

So lets say you are only .50 cents over base, do you still get $1 or do you only get .50 cents plus merit? Because i havent gotten my either

If you're a N07 TM making less than the new minimum for paygrade N07 ($10.50 in most stores), then you'll be bumped up to that amount, then get your merit raise on top of that.

I got mine a few days ago and I was a bit surprised. I basically got all IE. I was told I had a bad attitude although I don't really think I do especially around guests, but I'm not a bubbly person in general so maybe I give off that vibe. I also clench my teeth a lot because of a medication I take so people ask if I'm having a bad day sometimes and maybe no one believes me when I tell them I'm fine.

But when I asked how to improve I wasn't given any suggestions. That was the most frustrating part. If they honestly thought I deserved those low scores than that fine, but how do they expect me to improve if they don't give any suggestions. It also seems a bit weird that they would ask me to be cross-trained in two different area and randomly ask me to help out in area (like do pricing for a few days) if I wasn't that good a worker.

Got mine last night. All E's. My TL told me that pretty much no one gets O's and EX are super rare. Raise is 30 cents but I haven't been there a year, just around 6 months. I will take it, it's an extra $30+ per month.

Twiddles thumbs waiting for review

Asked my TL about it and he basically said soon but no ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back