Archived Closing Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our closing team is:

1 closing expert, generally works hardlines.

1 softlines TM, 1 electronics TM, 1 beauty/GM TM who does much more than just HBA. No one in grocery at all.

I cannot tell you what a cluster our store has become since this rolled out.

//edited for clarity
That's funny we have 2 closer in grocery every night

My store just started scheduling it on the next schedule. Not how I wanted it be scheduled, but I will be working with them next week on what exactly I’d like to see for my closing team. I only get one closing expert, and they are already lined up. I will still have two GM experts, one an early close and one to actually close. They will be shift tagged as P1 and P2 and will handle and touch ups in their respective areas including abandons and fill for depths.

Came here in hopes of learning that the closing expert was full time and paid more than $13/hour. Neither of these seem to be true. Would have been a decent way to get me to stay at spot a little longer. Anyway, does the closing team at any other store make a bale before the end of the night? I've lost count of how many times a bale needs to be made at my store by 9 or 10 am because the closing team doesn't care. This wouldn't be so bad if the path to get the bale from the baler to literally anywhere else wasn't blocked with PIPOs. Even if they made the bale and put it by the dock door, we could move it so it's out of the way before the unload.

Came here in hopes of learning that the closing expert was full time and paid more than $13/hour. Neither of these seem to be true. Would have been a decent way to get me to stay at spot a little longer. Anyway, does the closing team at any other store make a bale before the end of the night? I've lost count of how many times a bale needs to be made at my store by 9 or 10 am because the closing team doesn't care. This wouldn't be so bad if the path to get the bale from the baler to literally anywhere else wasn't blocked with PIPOs. Even if they made the bale and put it by the dock door, we could move it so it's out of the way before the unload.

My closing expert only gets 20 hrs.

As for the bales, we usually do not make them, mainly because we have been told not to push and that brand and guest experience are what we are to be focused on. That bring said, when we do push and fill the baler we hop on it and make a bale. We usually do not have to use it though.

That being said, I wish that a GMTL would empty the trash before they leave for the day. I usually have to deal with all the garbage, because I have to open it up for cafe/Starbucks at the end of the night.

Inbounds/DBOs should be making a bale before they leave and before the trailer is closed for the day. They are the ones who fill the baler and leave pallets everywhere so it's their responsibility to clean it up, not the closing team's.

I usually close and would love to be Closing Expert and get a guaranteed 30 hours. I know what needs to be done in Style and would make sure we have as good a close as possible each night. The CTL would never have to worry about Style if I closed with the ability to direct the team at any level other than peer.

Is this happening at any stores? Are your closing experts getting more than 20 hours, and are they working Monday-Friday or Sunday-Thursday, as the job description states? Is this something I should approach my TL about?

We have one , supposed to have 3 but they just to what ever the closing etl needs to help the store closing team get out sooner.

I get 3-4 per night. 15-20 hours/night. Also get 3-4 per night in style, plus 1 electronics, 1 market, 1 beauty, 1-2 fulfillment, 1-2 AP, SCO (former GSA), 3-4 cashiers, cart attendant, 1-2 service desk, usually also a former GSA so they can cover each other without needing help from me. Mobile covers electronics breaks. No pushing from the closers. All about brand and service.

We have one , supposed to have 3 but they just to what ever the closing etl needs to help the store closing team get out sooner.
I wish this is how it was for me. Most of the team at night was scheduled under their respective workcenters and their payroll, but the closing experts fall under mine but are doing complete zones and the whole day’s worth of reshop for all of the non specialty GM areas. The nights that I have an extra and can utilize them as a true closing expert who assists me in running the whole business are infinitely easier.

What did your closing ETL oversee before? I’m interested in promoting to that role in the future.

I get 3-4 per night. 15-20 hours/night. Also get 3-4 per night in style, plus 1 electronics, 1 market, 1 beauty, 1-2 fulfillment, 1-2 AP, SCO (former GSA), 3-4 cashiers, cart attendant, 1-2 service desk, usually also a former GSA so they can cover each other without needing help from me. Mobile covers electronics breaks. No pushing from the closers. All about brand and service.
That's crazy we push all night all the way till about 8 because of these stupid manuals

I wish this is how it was for me. Most of the team at night was scheduled under their respective workcenters and their payroll, but the closing experts fall under mine but are doing complete zones and the whole day’s worth of reshop for all of the non specialty GM areas. The nights that I have an extra and can utilize them as a true closing expert who assists me in running the whole business are infinitely easier.

What did your closing ETL oversee before? I’m interested in promoting to that role in the future.
They are very few and far between. There are only 23 in the whole company currently

Last edited:
We have one hardlines tm scheduled as closing expert though we have the same tms on both sides closing throughout the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back