Archived Closing Lead paygrade and pay, other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the one or two team members that are actually closing, sure. Most of the time the TL's are present until like 8 or 9 and there's barely anyone present that's a closer

And even then, you're only really supposed to coach your own team members under the new OP model. TL's often follow up in the morning

If your closing TL isn't following up on your team and coaching TM's still they're not doing their job. We may not have the ability to directly send a coaching about a TM but I sure as heck am typing it up in a word document and sending them to the TL responsible for that TM, I probably do 1 a day. Like other people said we're responsible for ALOT more than you think. I was just giving a brief overview of what I try to do. Thanks for calling us "glorified TM's" that's real nice.. I mean basically that's how I could say I view salsefloor TL's. I mean all you guys do is push truck and tie POGS and revisions... what a challenge... "eye roll" It's just disrespectful the way you said it, you're entitled to your opinion but it kind of came off douchey. (I don't think anything less of the other TL's bc I wouldn't have my job without them and they wouldn't be as successful without me either)

If your closing TL isn't following up on your team and coaching TM's still they're not doing their job. We may not have the ability to directly send a coaching about a TM but I sure as heck am typing it up in a word document and sending them to the TL responsible for that TM, I probably do 1 a day. Like other people said we're responsible for ALOT more than you think. I was just giving a brief overview of what I try to do. Thanks for calling us "glorified TM's" that's real nice.. I mean basically that's how I could say I view salsefloor TL's. I mean all you guys do is push truck and tie POGS and revisions... what a challenge... "eye roll" It's just disrespectful the way you said it, you're entitled to your opinion but it kind of came off douchey. (I don't think anything less of the other TL's bc I wouldn't have my job without them and they wouldn't be as successful without me either)

I was just giving back what I received my guy. I made a comment (primarily about paygrade) and you felt the need to go on the offensive and attack me over it.

I'm aware of what you do, it's good for the store, I just think it's easier lol.

Confirmed all team leads will be PG45. Confirmed closing leads will be able to document all TMs. Closing leads will have a new TM role that reports to them, the closing expert, 1-2 of them.

I want more info about what a closing expert is/does.
This is the only thing in the guide. I’d assume you’re just a TM without a designated area like most TMs. You’ll just assist the closing lead with recovering helping out whatever area needs the most love every night. 7441

This is the only thing in the guide. I’d assume you’re just a TM without a designated area like most TMs. You’ll just assist the closing lead with recovering helping out whatever area needs the most love every night.View attachment 7441
I feel like this could be a good idea. Especially if we have the right TMs in place.

Also interesting that they list Sunday-Thursday as an option for the closing team.

I feel like this could be a good idea. Especially if we have the right TMs in place.

Also interesting that they list Sunday-Thursday as an option for the closing team.
The option is listed in the guide for stores with two closing leads. They’re allowed to schedule them both M-F or split them so one of them closes everyday.

Really interested in the closing expert position. I would love to have a couple of the same TMs with me when I close. Just have to make sure to have the right ones 🤔

Really interested in the closing expert position. I would love to have a couple of the same TMs with me when I close. Just have to make sure to have the right ones 🤔
I have a really great GSA who can’t open, and wants out of the front end. Used to be one of my best hardlines TMs. Planning on having her as one of my closing TMs

As well all Team Leads will become bonus eligible. If a store meets the benchmarks it could be as high as $1500.
Any word on what these benchmarks are? Also any info on the off-cycle pay increases?

Am I reading that right that they want the regular TMs who are closing experts to be schedule M-F or Su-Th? It'll be difficult to find and keep TMs to do that at my store.

Am I reading that right that they want the regular TMs who are closing experts to be schedule M-F or Su-Th? It'll be difficult to find and keep TMs to do that at my store.
That sounds right and it sounds like a dream schedule for some people. You might not have anyone right now who can do it, but you can definitely hire someone who can. One of the biggest complaints right now is a lack of a set schedule and a lack of hours (yet TMs are expected to have a pretty open availability if they want more than 4 hours per week). Closing 5 nights per week would suck, but it’s consistent, which should work for certain people.

Specifically mentions 1 to 2 closing tms to work the same M-F schedule as the closing Lead.
I am SO looking forward to picking these TMs. Finally a chance to develop someone, and for me to pick someone great who prefers working evenings, and really knows their stuff. The one or two I had in mind, have been working a variety of shifts due to the needs of the business etc etc. and HR not approving night only availability.

So the ClosingTL is responsible for recovery and operations right? I have gone to my CTL (closingtl) several times and asked for help on something. I get told "yeah I'll make sure it gets worked" to come in and it wasn't. Never any reason why other than clearly they are overwhelmed. I bring it up to my ETL and they are like why don't you bring it up to them. Basically this tl wasn't even a TL before this position opened up. They don't know how to do anything other than operate the store. I still think a senior should have gotten the position. Its really frustrating for me because I'm extremely knowledgeable and I'm not a senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back