Archived Closing Lead paygrade and pay, other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the ClosingTL is responsible for recovery and operations right? I have gone to my CTL (closingtl) several times and asked for help on something. I get told "yeah I'll make sure it gets worked" to come in and it wasn't. Never any reason why other than clearly they are overwhelmed. I bring it up to my ETL and they are like why don't you bring it up to them. Basically this tl wasn't even a TL before this position opened up. They don't know how to do anything other than operate the store. I still think a senior should have gotten the position. Its really frustrating for me because I'm extremely knowledgeable and I'm not a senior.

maybe a senior didn't want it? it's kind of a shitty job and senior TL just got 100x easier with them having to do WAY less LOD shifts. that said, they are still your peer so you can always pass along advice or anything you feel they have room to improve on.

maybe a senior didn't want it? it's kind of a shitty job and senior TL just got 100x easier with them having to do WAY less LOD shifts. that said, they are still your peer so you can always pass along advice or anything you feel they have room to improve on.

I've tried and I get the following responses " I had to help Hardlines out" or the good old classic " Okay thanks".

So the ClosingTL is responsible for recovery and operations right? I have gone to my CTL (closingtl) several times and asked for help on something. I get told "yeah I'll make sure it gets worked" to come in and it wasn't. Never any reason why other than clearly they are overwhelmed. I bring it up to my ETL and they are like why don't you bring it up to them. Basically this tl wasn't even a TL before this position opened up. They don't know how to do anything other than operate the store. I still think a senior should have gotten the position. Its really frustrating for me because I'm extremely knowledgeable and I'm not a senior.
Recovery should be their main priority though, I thought. If that’s the direction I get from my STL, then yes, there’s not much chance I’m going to sacrifice that priority to get everyone else caught up. Not until the zones are perfect and the reshop 100% worked. After that, I would probably prioritize backstock that didn’t get done, so that the morning team can focus on pushing and so that there are vehicles free

I’m glad the title “Sr. TL” is going away actually, because there are some of us who operate at a higher level than their supposed “Sr. TL” peers.

I thought the entire idea of having a CTL was to follow up on things the various departments TLs wanted follow up on.

I’m glad the title “Sr. TL” is going away actually, because there are some of us who operate at a higher level than their supposed “Sr. TL” peers.

I thought the entire idea of having a CTL was to follow up on things the various departments TLs wanted follow up on.
No the role is recovery and talent management. That will depend on your STLs definition of recovery. Some will zone and fix the floor, others will push truck and clean the backroom

I am SO looking forward to picking these TMs. Finally a chance to develop someone, and for me to pick someone great who prefers working evenings, and really knows their stuff. The one or two I had in mind, have been working a variety of shifts due to the needs of the business etc etc. and HR not approving night only availability.

I'll transfer to your store and close with you every night if you can talk them into $25 an hour

The amount of effort needed to be a closing TL is laughable compared to a dayside TL. Dayside does so much more for less sometimes. I'd be kicking myself too if I was offered.
Hmmm, easier than a day side TL? For being a closing lead, I’m still pushing/pulling pulls, pushing left over truck, reshop, sorting/processing softlines, TM training, SFS, setting pogs, running the entire store, alll while being the “LOD”. Sounds like working in a dayside TL area would be easier. The amount of shit I get left to clean up because of dayside...

So does anyone know how many people are going to be closing now? It’s not just going to be the lead and the two experts, right? On the sales floor, I mean.

Last edited:
So does anyone know how many people are going to be closing now? It’s not just going to be the lead and the two experts, right?
There should still be a couple of A&A consultants. A beauty consultant and Tech consultant. Also, someone in market (dry and pfresh. of course this depends if you store has one or not) But ultimately it comes down to your stores payroll and overall needs. This is just an example from my store.

Does anyone actually know when TL’s start at PG45-($17.75)?
Recently became a TL and I’m at $16.
I don’t want to cause a fuss if there’s a certain date that it goes into effect..

Does anyone actually know when TL’s start at PG45-($17.75)?
Recently became a TL and I’m at $16.
I don’t want to cause a fuss if there’s a certain date that it goes into effect..
They are currently being very hush hush and even telling all of us there is no pay increase. So who know maybe all new hires start at 17.75 and old TL stay at 16 yay Target

No, none of this has taken effect yet. STLs and ETLs don't seem to even know about it.

5/25. That’s when our current compensation plans all expire 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back