Archived Closing Lead paygrade and pay, other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
Going for the upcoming closing lead spot and I’m wondering if the paygrade for it is TL or if it’s the SrTL paygrade? Also looking for as much info as possible from any closing leads regarding pay, and how much of an increase you received (if any) and what role you previously had. Want to be in the best possible position to negotiate if and when the time comes. Also, did you have to interview with the DTL for it? If you weren’t a SrTL already, what did the training consist of? Do you get to focus on having good closes or are you given a bunch of dayside fires to put out instead? Do you get a TLOD?

Thank you!

Sorry, I just realized this is pretty damn similar to my post a month ago about this 🤦🏻‍♂️ So before someone calls me out on it; just getting kind of anxious about this as I’m hoping my ability to make the new op model work has earned me a ticket out of the new process 😂

To add to this question, what level does the closing leader sit on hierarchy wise? Is it the same as a SrTL or that of an ETL? What authority do you have in store operations? Are you expected to act and have the same authority as a store director, or is the authority the same as a TLOD? If there is an ETL doing a mid shift to be able to cover your break and lunch, who ranks higher?

As of now the paygrade is PG 45 but might change when it’s not a pilot and goes company wide. Most that I know were already seniors so no pay bump. The TLOD positions goes away along with LOD. You rank hire than TLs but under ETL but it’ll be that weird in between like Senior was where you’re in charge of the store in absence of the STL. Etls will mid shift to break you. Super high volume stores get a closing ETL and a closing TL

Pay grade 45
You are ranked higher than a TL but lower than a ETL. So basically a Senior Team Lead.
You are not in charge of anyone; so you can’t write anyone up because you don’t have a department.
All issues you have to discuss with the departments TL or ETL.
You oversee the entire store; you may or may not have a mid ETL.

My store has a closing team lead already so that’s how I know.

Pay grade 45
You are ranked higher than a TL but lower than a ETL. So basically a Senior Team Lead.
You are not in charge of anyone; so you can’t write anyone up because you don’t have a department.
All issues you have to discuss with the departments TL or ETL.
You oversee the entire store; you may or may not have a mid ETL.

My store has a closing team lead already so that’s how I know.
I think the coaching thing changes with the company wide role out. The closing lead will over see all the team members like seniors do in small formats. Right now even though we have specific departments every TL in my building oversees all 120 TMs.

So even though they are LOD they cannot coach? Not being able to give a CCA makes perfect sense, but not allowed to coach? Ifeel like that would be counterproductive since tm’s could just blow you off and the ETL’s/TL’s of specific departments wouldn’t care.

So even though they are LOD they cannot coach? Not being able to give a CCA makes perfect sense, but not allowed to coach? Ifeel like that would be counterproductive since tm’s could just blow you off and the ETL’s/TL’s of specific departments wouldn’t care.
TLs can do CCAs.

Since this position is brand new, what is the hiring process? Do you still go through interviews, or is it handed since it most likely was already discussed between DTL and STL anyways?

Since this position is brand new, what is the hiring process? Do you still go through interviews, or is it handed since it most likely was already discussed between DTL and STL anyways?

You will definitely do an interview with the STL still.

They can coach of course because they are LOD. But they don’t have access to perform a CA or a performance plan on a team member. They have to partner with the TLs or ETLs.

The Closing Lead does have access to coach/CCA. The entire sales floor team will report to them on workday.

Who is this position available to if no one wants it? All hourly leadership is saying no lol

Who is this position available to if no one wants it? All hourly leadership is saying no lol

The store will find someone don't worry. There are people out there that love knowing they're working M-F no weekends. I love closing. It was the easiest decision of my life to take this role.

As far as the coaching thing goes when I coach a TM I just write it up in a word document and send it to that leader. They copy paste it into their workday and deliver it. Just because you can't physically document it yet doesn't mean you can't do it.

Does it have to be a TL or SrTL? I know a team member who would love that job and works really hard and she would do amazing since she’s a born leader. She’s not a TL, but most of the tm’s listen to her because she knows what she’s doing.

Does it have to be a TL or SrTL? I know a team member who would love that job and works really hard and she would do amazing since she’s a born leader. She’s not a TL, but most of the tm’s listen to her because she knows what she’s doing.

Nope, it can be a TM as long as they interview for the position. That’s what my store is doing, we’re taking a GSA & prepping her for the role

So essentially this role is no different than a SrTL except that person when in the building is always LOD? Who takes LOD calls when they go on break or lunch since I’m assuming they are hourly?

So essentially this role is no different than a SrTL except that person when in the building is always LOD? Who takes LOD calls when they go on break or lunch since I’m assuming they are hourly?
I’m assuming they would just have a TL answer calls while they were on lunch. At my old store I would delegate LOD calls to the Sales Floor TL when I had to go to lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back