Archived Closing Service Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel

Jack of All Trades
As the title says I'm looking for a quick and dirty guide to closing the service desk as far as CRC and other defectives, auditing, all that goes. I'm starting to get comfortable as a GSA and I can do opening/dayside SD just fine, but with the 3 days of official training I got and the madhouse that usually encompasses my 2-3 weekly closing GSA shifts, all I've gotten was about 5 minutes of chatting with one of our service desk TMs one night.

According to our ETL-GE/SF I'm supposed to be getting 1 hour a week of training hours for online quizzes and other learning plan related stuff, but being as I'm over a month in at this point without that materializing I'm not holding my breath on any further official training, and there definitely won't be any before my scheduled closing SD shift 2 weeks from today.

Closing's pretty simple at my store.

All reshop should be sorted and given to the floor TMs 30 minutes prior to store close.

Close out the Salvage/ CRC / Electronics Recycling boxes. There should be a label either on the box or at the SD register. When scanned, a print out will be produced which goes inside the box before taping shut. ESIM Box B stays at the desk until the following morning.

Wipe down the counters.

Take the Toss/Trash to the compactor. Take the Salvage/CRC/Electronics Recycling Boxes to Receiving area. We leave our boxes on a tub; Back Room stacks the boxes on the respective pallets.

We lock up our printers/LPDAs/walkies/staplers in the ETL-GE's office so no one swipes them overnight. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
GSA should not be closing CRC/salvage cart - that is SD job. Make sure toss is done, make sure all registers are closed. Make sure to get keys from everyone in the store, then report any you are missing to LOD or call for them yourself if you are GSA. Build new boxes for the opening people.

Our closing GSA closes all the registers in the store. Our HR operator collects keys/equipment. We're lucky in that the GSAs/GSTLs/SDTMs have their *own* equipment. Only our keys have to be turned in to the TSC. The rest of our equipment, including walkies, is locked in the GE-ETL office every night.

I should probably clarify that I close as GSA at least twice a week already, but with 4 GSA, a GSTL and a Sr. GSTL in a D volume store a good portion of my hours are service desk/market/cashier/random sales floor areas. This one is a closing service desk shift which I haven't done.

Mostly I'm looking for guidance on the stuff that goes back on the tub, i.e. CRC/Salvage. I know our SDTMs place them on their respective pallets themselves after the LOD audits the CRC. We have about 4-8 hours of Cart Attendant coverage a week ATM which is mids on Saturday and sometimes Sunday. Our one official CA does nothing but carts/front door trash/carryouts/backup cashiering. Backroom doesn't touch any of the stuff we bring back and our receiving TM won't be back in for about 36 hours after my shift ends. Pretty sure we bring back the ESIM box too.

The GSA or GSTL picks up the ESIM box or boxes at SD every morning and we take them to receiving to sort the stuff. I've been told that at many stores, receiving sorts the ESIM from SD. No one but the backroom peeps stack anything on pallets (CRC/Salvage) because it's easier to shrink wrap the pallets if they stack them the way they like.

This is really interesting, to see how different every other store closes at night.

Our ULV routine:
The GSTM cleans up the desk once we pass our busy afternoon/evening hours (usually around 7.) Sort everything, do repacks, try to get through some NOF, defect everything that needs to be defected. After everything is cleaned up, they usually go and zone OneSpot, Jewelry/accessories, and sometimes girls. If they have time, sometimes they help zone another area near the front end. About 15-20 minutes before close they'll clean up anything that was brought up to the desk, put up garbages, and make sure everything is ready for the next morning.

The front end team at our store is also responsible for FF, so that usually falls in the GSA or GSTM's hands.

Around 7 or 7:30, the GSA usually goes over to zone girls. The GSTL/GSA audits CRC labels then takes back the defective tubs about 1.5 hours before store close. We usually initiate register shutdown right before going back. Once we come back up front, usually about 1.25 hours before store close, the LOD gets our start funds and we begin closing lanes.

Here's my routine:

1. 8:00: Help Food Ave. close (we have teenagers that come into the store on weekends and will use Food Ave as a make-out spot... So I help the FA person kick them out/block it off). Ensure all checklane endcaps are full and retrieve merchandise from home locations if needed. Have cashier (if possible) zone checklanes.

2. 8:30: Call for start funds. Ensure service desk is clear of reshop. Ensure service desk has started auditing defectives. Send e-mail to ETL-GE, other GSTL, and GSA's about RedCards, equipment issues, cashier opportunities, recognition, etc.).

3. 9:00: Bank outlying registers. Audit Food Ave closing and ensure cleanliness. Ensure CA has taken defectives to appropriate areas. Check checklanes for supply needs and refill.

4. 9:30: Service desk team member goes home. Ensure service desk has supplies and is ready for next morning. Audit key box, ensure PDA's and walkies are signed in and on the chargers.

5. 10:00: Store closes. Bank remaining registers. Cash office with LOD. Ensure remaining PDA's and walkies are on the chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back