Archived Closing shift always be trashing receiving

Is this a thing at your store too?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get scheduled between 34-40hrs a week on average. If I don't get scheduled 40hrs I am usually allowed to work up to that much to help out SFS. I wish they would just schedule someone for a few hours over the weekend to help keep up with defectives and building/wrapping the CRC/salvage pallets. Those are such a pain to come in to after the weekend.

Flow always trashes the SFS area, to the point that our ETL has hidden in the steel to catch them doing it and coach them since you can't coach from the cameras.

That’s not really modernization at all. They may call it that but that’s not what it is to 99% of the other stores.

Same with multiple receivers and weekend receiving hours...most stores don’t have that because it can usually be accomplished in 40 hours.
Maybe if you are a low volumes store , without overnight and most likely not an offsite which we do. Having 2 receivers doesn’t mean it’s all they do , when receiving is done they support the backroom and whatever overnight doesn’t finish they do.

Flow always trashes the SFS area, to the point that our ETL has hidden in the steel to catch them doing it and coach them since you can't coach from the cameras.
Yes you can. All they have to say is “ you’ve been observed doing such and such” , not naming names or how they were observed.

@SFSFun
“Same with multiple receivers and weekend receiving hours...most stores don’t have that because it can usually be accomplished in 40 hours.”
Who does mirs? Who does sweep? How many sweeps you have a week? Returned to stock? Ship to store? Flex fill? Who receives Pfresh? Defectives ? Donations? Esim?My receivers do all that , besides the vendors .

Last edited:
@SFSFun
“Same with multiple receivers and weekend receiving hours...most stores don’t have that because it can usually be accomplished in 40 hours.”
Who does mirs? Who does sweep? How many sweeps you have a week? Returned to stock? Ship to store? Flex fill? Who receives Pfresh? Defectives ? Donations? Esim?My receivers do all that , besides the vendors .
Who does mirs? An electronics team member does the majority and then a TL usually does the rest that isn’t entertainment or electronics.

Who does sweeps? How many sweeps you have a week? Our receiver and we have one.

Returned to stock? Backroom team member, but probably soon to be Backroom team lead.

Ship to store? Receiver.

Flex fill? Whoever is scheduled for it or Backroom.

Who receives Pfresh? A Market/Pfresh Team member.

Defectives? Donations? ESIM? Receiver.

@SFSFun

Who does mirs? Receiving, I can get them all mostly pulled by Wednesday at the latest and packed by Thursday unless it is a super heavy week

Who does sweeps? How many sweeps you have a week? We have 2 sweeps, I help with the one during the week and our BRTL does the weekend sweep

Returned to stock? Backroom team member or SFS.

Ship to store? Backroom TM

Flex fill? Backroom or SFS, I can't take the time to run around the salesfloor looking for something while waiting for vendors.

Who receives Pfresh? A Market/Pfresh Team member. I take temps and do the log but Market unloads

Defectives? Donations? ESIM? Receiver

Unless something crazy is going on during the week, I can get all my work done easily in 40hrs. I probably spend about 6hrs a week doing others tasks to help the BR/SFS.

@SFSFun
The one receiving TM does all of that except for STS/SFS/OPU. Sweeps were done 2-3 times a week. I did it myself when I had to cover receiving for a few months, and it was easily doable 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time it was still doable, just not easy (usually due to a heavy mir workload).

You have to remember that there are only a handful of insanely high volume stores like yours, and most of the company operates on a much, much lower level (trucks, sales, payroll, etc). What seems normal to you is actually insane to most of us.

The one receiving TM does all of that except for STS/SFS/OPU. Sweeps were done 2-3 times a week. I did it myself when I had to cover receiving for a few months, and it was easily doable 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time it was still doable, just not easy (usually due to a heavy mir workload).

You have to remember that there are only a handful of insanely high volume stores like yours, and most of the company operates on a much, much lower level (trucks, sales, payroll, etc). What seems normal to you is actually insane to most of us.
And I can totally agree with you.

Who does mirs? Receiving, I can get them all mostly pulled by Wednesday at the latest and packed by Thursday unless it is a super heavy week

Who does sweeps? How many sweeps you have a week? We have 2 sweeps, I help with the one during the week and our BRTL does the weekend sweep

Returned to stock? Backroom team member or SFS.

Ship to store? Backroom TM

Flex fill? Backroom or SFS, I can't take the time to run around the salesfloor looking for something while waiting for vendors.

Who receives Pfresh? A Market/Pfresh Team member. I take temps and do the log but Market unloads

Defectives? Donations? ESIM? Receiver

Unless something crazy is going on during the week, I can get all my work done easily in 40hrs. I probably spend about 6hrs a week doing others tasks to help the BR/SFS.
So the receiving in your store gets a lot of support for all those tasks, my receivers are doing it on their own.

Now if I were leading this circus everybody would have 40 hours and the backroom would be spotless.
HAHAHAHA!!!! NOPE. You never get what you want as leadership. Unless you're salary, and you're gonna volunteer yo work 18 hours a day or more, stuff is not gonna get all the way done. There aren't enough hours to give everyone 40. Even if you did schedule everyone 40, 1/4 of people will call out some shifts, then who do you call in to work more hours if everyone is at 40 already?

It's like when you're a little kid and say "when I grow up I'm gonna have 5 houses and eat ice cream for breakfast, and drive a monster truck and marry Madonna(or whoever)." Dreams and complete lack of understanding how things work in life

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA!!!! NOPE. You never get what you want as leadership. Unless you're salary, and you're gonna volunteer yo work 18 hours a day or more, stuff is not gonna get all the way done. There aren't enough hours to give everyone 40. Even if you did schedule everyone 40, 1/4 of people will call out some shifts, then who do you call in to work more hours if everyone is at 40 already?

It's like when you're a little kid and say "when I grow up I'm gonna have 5 houses and eat ice cream for breakfast, and drive a monster truck and marry Madonna(or whoever)." Dreams and complete lack of understanding how things work in life

I think there is a middle ground here.

His saying I would give everyone 40 hours is no more ridiculous then Target throwing in an extra truck but allocating zero hours to do that.

"Oh sure, we'll unload the truck and push all the freight using no hours. No problem!"

it’s world war 3 back there. that’s specifically what I heard from our best backroom team member about it. I don’t see it first thing, but I know it’s tight all of most of my days. funny considering how there are a few LODs who used to be determined to keep the line clean 24/7. they gave that up immediately with the last time operations got changed.

So the receiving in your store gets a lot of support for all those tasks, my receivers are doing it on their own.
I think the reason I get so much help is because it is only me. I could probably do it all by myself but it would probably mean that I would running all over the store trying to get stuff done while always being called back to deal with vendors. 2 people could do all those tasks easily (at least in my store)

I'm just not getting why assigning one person to straighten receiving at the end of the evening is so hard to do. Our closers are admittedly not as numerous as they ought to be, but again, one person can do it in 30-45 minutes give or take. I'm betting that the chitchat squad over in Softlines could lose one for this task and fill her in on the missed gossip by text later. They're always among the last to leave at 11:30-midnight and it's almost always a shitload of green repacks piled on my line. How about backstocking that shit where it belongs, m'ladies?

I'm just not getting why assigning one person to straighten receiving at the end of the evening is so hard to do. Our closers are admittedly not as numerous as they ought to be, but again, one person can do it in 30-45 minutes give or take. I'm betting that the chitchat squad over in Softlines could lose one for this task and fill her in on the missed gossip by text later. They're always among the last to leave at 11:30-midnight and it's almost always a shitload of green repacks piled on my line. How about backstocking that shit where it belongs, m'ladies?

"No we don't have time, and we were told that anything off the truck was backroom's job to backstock. So all those repacks we didn't work are off the truck so they are your problem not ours." - what we are constantly told by our softlines crew.

Our current ETL/STL crew actually do dirty work? Yeah dream the fuck on.. They can't be bothered to come out of the office unless it is to walk with the district people who come in. But actually do stuff, yeah no.. I take that back they will fill the little promo area by the check lanes provided someone else does the work of actually getting the product and bringing it to them.
So true. They carry a zebra 99% of the time and ask market to print missing signs in market when hardly we even have equipment to get the job done. How about Mr. STL when you walk the floor you print signs. Yea I get it I'm in market and E2E calls it my duty but you being top dog it's your store, how about you get to work and help out. So how would they even go and work receiving when they don't even get out of the office just when Mr. Khaki visits then they dress up and want a perfect store but they hardly even give effort. And Mr. Khaki doesn't even thank team members for the hard work and neither does he service guests. Instead just avoids them. I see. Then I will do just what Mr. Khaki does. Way to set a great example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back