CNN is now reporting on stores!

Fyi

i recently seen this story on you tube by Tim Pool. he breaks it down. im glad i got off that sinking ship, cause just when ya think you can paddle water-corporate unleashes the kraken to finish the job. i heard horror stories of walmart. dude this place is 100 times chiller, i get paid 1200+ a month and i get healthcare regardless of part time or full time and a sharing program after a time. bail now my red and khaki brothers and sisters, dont feel sorry for em.

Wal-mart gave my sister a royal fucking when she was at risk of miscarrying my niece. I will flip burgers at minimum wage before I work for them.

She consistently had good reviews, and worked for them for almost 9 years. Even with that they basically made her choose between her job and her child.

There are TMs at my store that have been there for years and years working full time with benefits even though they are technically part time.
There are people that consider this their full time job because it has been for so long. They may have circumstances that we aren’t aware of that would make it very difficult for them to go to college or whatever.

I'm sure Target openly spoke about hours in this article.

I see a couple of things out of this-

1-they will make a sad attempt to raise pay to $13.50 to satisfy tms
2-they will offer a system to get more hours. Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours mentality

There is always ways to get 40 hours at Target. The only problem is you only get to ask people to stay when there are sick calls, etc. And people most of the time do not stay because of other plans,etc. I used to call people on their day off and nobody would come in. That's just how it is, you cant just schedule someone 40 hours usually. I would always just extend people that would stay and get other stuff done though. My team had a 35 hour a week avg because of that.

Oh shit! Thank you so much for allowing me to get more hours by having to come in on my days off!!!

Who needs time off ANYWAY???

disgraced.gif

What flavor is that KoolAid you're gulping down???

Last edited:
a person expect differing levels of "honesty" from different people. an employer such as Target has a higher expectation of being truthful to their people. when I first and for some time after started here we (LOG) were getting 40 hrs a week on the regular. with the normal down turn in the January time frame. Christmas Halloween time OT was possible and the closer to Black Friday at time it practically flowed like water. and we still made sales and payroll.

what target is doing now is dressing up the company like a Christmas turkey getting us ready for slaughter. They are polishing the turd that they dumped on us.

There is always ways to get 40 hours at Target. The only problem is you only get to ask people to stay when there are sick calls, etc. And people most of the time do not stay because of other plans,etc. I used to call people on their day off and nobody would come in. That's just how it is, you cant just schedule someone 40 hours usually. I would always just extend people that would stay and get other stuff done though. My team had a 35 hour a week avg because of that.

Frankly I’m getting tired of people complaining about hours and then refusing to stay late. No one on my team will stay, ever.

They probably think they’re sticking it to Target for not scheduling those hours, but really they’re just shooting themselves in the foot.

I was always consistently scheduled 30+ hours. I would also willingly stay and take overtime any time it was offered.

I by no means believe those two things were independent of each other.

The reason I was always scheduled 30+ hours is almost certainly related to always being willing to stay late and help out.

For just about all of 2018 and halfway through this year no one was asked to stay late and no one was called in to cover call offs. Many times I walked into a shit storm at the fitting room because of call outs the shift before mine. Many times I went shopping and saw a shit storm in other areas, talked to my coworkers, same answer. People asked to stay to finish, always a no. Some weeks shifts on the swap shift board would be crossed off; people got that shift off but the store would do without rather than let someone pick it up.

So no, there aren't ways of getting 40.

And if you need people for certain times, schedule them. If your plan is to hold them outside their schedule, don't blame them for saying no. People don't stay in their house, showered and ready to go, doing nothing but vegging in front of the TV waiting for your call. People have many things going on besides work, whether it be another job, a day trip with the family, house work and yardwork that must be done, a chance for that bike ride, coordination for a MMORPG event, or simply giving in to feeling sick and resting after putting their all into work the previous day. If you need them, schedule them in advance. If you have the hours to have them stay, you had the hours in the first place.

Some local news is reporting this story as well
Not my area

Last edited:
Sorry boss, I can't stay late, because I have to go to my second job i had to get because you don't schedule me enough hours.
this is so accurate! You can have all the OT you want in the 4th quarter. Its not scheduled, you just screw any life you have. For the people who say there are hours if you're willing to work, I bought into that line of BS too. But call offs aren't replaced in a lot of stores anymore. People can't stay because they have second jobs or maybe a dr appointment. ETLS shame them for not staying and say "don't complain to me about hours if you don't stay" Target workers are expendable more than ever. They will hire someone to replace you before you get your last paycheck. And everyone who feels their job is safe and they are loved by management? You are just as expendandable and one new ETL who doesn't like you will make sure you disappear. I hope CNN and all of the other news outlets have opened a damn and dig into some of the shady ways they terminated people. I would love them to look into how many people now qualify for insurance VS how many qualified last year.

Back