Archived Coaching quotas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loki, i suffer from anxiety, and the talk i had wih my TL helped me feel more comfortable and relaxed. It made me want to improve.

Loki, i suffer from anxiety, and the talk i had wih my TL helped me feel more comfortable and relaxed. It made me want to improve.
I'm glad to hear that! It's always nice to know there are other leaders out there who are actually kind decent people.

I got my first coaching over leaving a PDA in the cartpusher. I didn't sign anything, so I guess it's all good.

Also, you will always mostly likely win unemployment if you are termed for performance and attendance. Documentation has really no standing in the unemployment hearing.
Most people I know who have been fired for attendance or performance issues have lost when they applied for unemployment and the company contested it....documentation absolutely has standing in those cases.

It was ultimately coaching that made me decide to leave target after over a decade.

I was being pushed to coach out multiple flow team members for not completing an unmanageable workload.

Better I leave for a new job then save myself and have 10 people fired from a job they desperately need for not accomplishing an insurmountable goal.

Many times coaching is used by poor etls and leaders because they fail to understand that a team or team member is failing because they as a leader have failed. If you don't provide your team with proper training and enough resources, how could they ever be successful?

I like working at Target very much and tomorrow is my one year anniversary. I have been coached and it helped me a lot, my TL is a very positive person. I am nerdy i guess, i liked school too. :eek::eek::eek:
I'm very glad that Target didnt give up on me, and I'm not going to give up on them.
Signed,
Proud Target Tesm Member

Happy Anniversary!

My STL required all TL's to have at least 1-2 documented coachings per week. LOD's were required to have 1 per LOD shift.

We also had to "follow up" on the coachings and determine if additional action was necessary.

The ETL-HR would review the coaching binder each TL meeting and would call out anyone who didn't have coachings in there.

"Guys there should be no excuse to have unproductive people on our staff. Just remember, NO ONE is perfect and everyone should have a coaching at least a couple times a year."

It got the point where TL's would coach for the smallest things.

Yeh, our store never had 'good' coachings.
As Sos said, coachings were used to start a paper trail to performance someone out.

Exactly. My store falls into that horrible management situation. Kinda reminds me of middle school. When the LOD or that area TL calls so and so out on the walkie "Go to four"
(I'm on four)
"I need you to come back to TMSC immediately "
*TM crowd chant* Oooooooooooh... You in trou-ble!

I had to put a TM on a CCA today for just loafing. This was the first one I have ever issued and only because I've given many verbal warnings to this TM and nothing would change. Constantly on social media, extended breaks, stepping off the floor without permission and being gone for more than 20 minutes. Sometimes coachings don't always work whether documented or not.

there is coaching for development and coaching for performance, if you can't tell the difference between the two as a tm then im sorry that you are either not meeting expectations or have incompetent leadership. Coachings can start either good or bad and can change half way it all depends on the person. When you are given a quota for coachings it means 1 of 2 things, either they want you to develop your team because your not doing well or your team sucks so bad they need turnover to get some good team members in.

there is coaching for development and coaching for performance, if you can't tell the difference between the two as a tm then im sorry that you are either not meeting expectations or have incompetent leadership. Coachings can start either good or bad and can change half way it all depends on the person. When you are given a quota for coachings it means 1 of 2 things, either they want you to develop your team because your not doing well or your team sucks so bad they need turnover to get some good team members in.
There's a 3rd and its.

They have no idea what the hell is going on, so they want to throw at least this much s%!t (Insert Coaching Quota) against a wall and then measure how much has stuck, (Insert score Increases/Time).

I love a good coaching...

I always take my lunch afterwards!

Most people I know who have been fired for attendance or performance issues have lost when they applied for unemployment and the company contested it....documentation absolutely has standing in those cases.

I process unemployment claim responses for the company I currently work for as an HR Admin.

98% of the unemployment cases we fight and have the documentation for (verbals, finals, etc.) we will win, and the employee is found to be fired for cause. I've never seen an employee win an unemployment claim for attendance discharges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back