Archived Company-wide 4x4 week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Seriously? We do them nearly every day as it is. What in the hell more do they want? We have a reindeer run to get ready for...and guest traffic is picking up and we don't have all of the seasonal help hired, much less trained.

I haven't heard about this yet...if we're already doing this every day, how is it any different?

At huddle this morning we were told that we must do a 4x4 of the entire store this week, and that it was a company wide thing. Maybe they exaggerated that and it's just group or district wide, but either way it's ridiculous. They had our electronics TM working 4x4s in HBA for two hours this morning.

I haven't been to work today, and I normally don't go to huddle and my store is pretty anti-communication, so it might be a company wide thing. But this doesn't sound too out of the ordinary of what we do every week, anyway, thankfully.

But sales are picking up in electronics...why would that TM be out of that department???? That's crazy.

i don't even know what a 4x4 is - I've heard people talk about it but that's it.
From another thread:
The closing team is supposed to do a super zone in a certain area every night. That's zoning to plan-a-gram. The next day the they are supposed to go through and clean the shelf, check for missing labels & signs and do research.
Our hours have been cut so much we can't do a decent job zoning at night let alone do 4 x 4.
The day side struggles to complete their tasks because they're on the lanes all day.
The leaders are really hard-core about doing the super zoning at closing. I was really stressing about it at first then one night we were so short-handed the ETL made a TL help her do the super zone in a huge area. 10 minutes later they were finished. Then I understood. They aren't really worried about us doing the super zone they're worried about us saying we've done the super zone. So now we all just fake it.
Everything is pretty much like that in our store.
One night I thought the LOD wanted us to really do it. He went balletic when we weren't finished in about 15 min. LOL
Sorry 'bout it!
It drives me crazy! I would almost be willing to come in and super zone for free.
Thanks bullseyebabe

We do ours during the day. I did one in electronics once. It was my first one ever. I didn't finish, because I was really getting into it. Even though I didn't finish, the ETL said it was the best 4x4 he had ever seen. I left confused, because, well, I. Didn't. Finish.

4x4 Team was in pets today..
They brought back 9 repacks of treats
They also brought back 1 tub of food and litter (not segregated for Steritech)
They turned all the bags of dog food 90 degrees so the aisle looks half empty.
They don't know how to research, print labels or signs. They don't know how to MySupport capacities.

All this team does is create work for ME
I backstock what they bring back and it just pulls back out in the CAFs which fit on the shelves so no backstock comes back. We get several trucks, flow team push to fill and the cycle starts over next week.

Oh, 4x4s. Either I do a full job and leave that less time for my main job, or I half-ass the 4x4 and then what's the point of doing one?

EXACTLY...if all you are going to do is just quickly go over and zone the area WTF is the point of doing one anyway...I ALWAYS actually laugh when they hand me the 4x4 for Market on tuesday and its EVERYTHING in Market...lol...I get a good laugh out of that...ya sure..let me go though like 250-300 four foot sections.

I'm about to blow your guys' minds with this. Hang on to your socks. What if......

We were actually given enough hours to the sales floor so that they could actually zone (a 4x4 is a fancy name for what a normal zone should actually be, minus the extras) and enough hours to the front end to minimize back up calls so that 4x4s are a non-issue!

Doesn't that actually make sense?

I'm about to blow your guys' minds with this. Hang on to your socks. What if......

We were actually given enough hours to the sales floor so that they could actually zone (a 4x4 is a fancy name for what a normal zone should actually be, minus the extras) and enough hours to the front end to minimize back up calls so that 4x4s are a non-issue!

Wow. That's crazy talk right there

Haha 4x4s... hahaha. We can't get the shelves full let alone focus on details. I haven't heard about company wide 4x4s... yet.

That's the problem. It makes sense.

giphy.gif

We aren't doing anything special or different this week. Same deal where as soon as there's a call in, the 4x4 person is pulled to do that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back