Archived Completed Planograms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Just wanted to gather some input. What do your stores do with completed planograms? On the planograms it physically says to hold them for one year (presumably until they are reset). Does anyone do this? And if so - how and where? Our store does not - its hard enough to get the team to fill out PPAs (i have even physically stapled them to the pogs and they still don't get filled out). So i just wanted to know if any stores actually saved them. Personally - I would love to have an enormous wide file cabinet sorted by department - maybe even color coded so I never have to pull up online planogram ever. Anyway - just curious to see what other stores do.

thanks

If there is no issues, we toss them and just file the PPA's. If there are issues, we keep them until the issues are resolved. You can always look up any plano on online planogram if you need to after you toss the hard copy.

If you look on mysupport they have an update that says you are only supposed to keep the PPAs and can toss the actual POGs, so our filing cabinet just has the PPAs and Followup Report.

If you look on mysupport they have an update that says you are only supposed to keep the PPAs and can toss the actual POGs, so our filing cabinet just has the PPAs and Followup Report.

yeps.

also, i had the same problem with ppas. the team had never filled one out before in the history of our store and didnt really want to. so the rule is, they have to be complete and filed before the aisles are pushed (usually before we go to lunch). now they know its not an option, and a coaching opportunity.

i have actually tried to get our team to do the same thing - to complete the PPAs before the aisle gets pushed - and preferably as they are actually working on the aisle so that they don't forget what is wrong or missing and I don't have to reaudit the planogram from scratch. Good call on keeping just the PPAs. I hold onto any "problem" planograms - or any that are display and signing heavy just so that I don't have to use the online planogram version (personal preference i just hate the way they are laid out). I just ask because i pulled out about 2 months worth of planograms and PPAs out of the trash from December until now which our PTL threw in the trash (hello we have paper recycling now, what a waste) and I was like, this shouldn't just be trashed like this. Keeping only the PPAs makes sense tho.

We hold on to new POGs until the PPA is walked and filled out, then they are tossed. Revisions and SPLs are tossed right after they're set.

now you're supposed to keep the salesplanners too. filed by area with the map, according to if it is still set or if it was taken down early. theoretically, if you take it down early you're supposed to file it with the labels and check onhands weekly. (ha)

This may sound like a dumb question since I don't work on plano, but what is the PPA? j/w

We still keep our planograms filed in a cabinet in case anyone (LOD) wants to challenge that it was set correctly. We also keep the saleplanners until they are supposed to be taken down so that if it was taken down early we know what was supposed to be on it. The only thing we toss are sidecaps and checklane endcaps.

This may sound like a dumb question since I don't work on plano, but what is the PPA? j/w
PPA stands for Post POG Assessment. This is a sheet that is filled out by the person who set the aisle. Basically on the sheet it asks if the aisle was tied, a pog fill was dropped, and if you had all the correct fixtures and signing for the aisle. This way if anything needs to be ordered or fixed it can be.

I was given feedback from my DTL that only the PTL fills out PPA's. This was to my suprise because I had my pog tm's filling them out once they were done.

are we supposed to do these for checklane pogs? I dont think we do lol.

Post Planogram Assessment.(not sure if thats the actual name for it) But there pretty much a checklist of things to look for to make sure the planogram is set correctly.

PPA is to be filled out by the signing tm, and the PTL. The team has a box that they drop all their planograms into after their done. spl are tossed.

Every couple days we take time out to audit them and then I (signing) order any missing fixtures and signing on Friday.

We file them in the filing cabinet so they can be referenced the next time we set that aisle to see what the previous problems were.

bp is ptl does ppas. i understand the need for precision via hq, but if the team is not competent/accurate enough to do their own ppa, what makes hq think they're setting the aisle correctly anyway? my team does them as they set. i do randomly audit behind them. ppas are a focus for us this year (actually, follow up including early set, mboards, and transition communication notes, and ppas, all together).
each one of my tm has a focus they work on to challenge them and help them understand the process. one is learning business walks, one is learning twt/mapping/preties, one is learning signing (backup), one is learning street date/mirs. now when i go on vacation, no one has to check on my team. if i decide to self-terminate :)D), i have two backups that could step up and do my job.

I am going to suggest to ptl that the team audits their own..... again. I agree with everything you say Dek, except maybe business walks. None of our tm, including myself are interested in taking over if the position was to open, but it would be nice if someone other than myself could run the team during vacations.

hmm.....vacations....i wonder what one of those would be like......

anyway. thanks for all your feedback. our team is supposed to fill them out at my store but its a pain to get our PTL to do them, let alone the team. i audit planograms on the planogram themselves if they need it. i am at the point where i am doing so much beyond my actual role i am really trying to scale back anything thats not technically signing at the moment.

follow-up question - do any of your teams have a "transition board" ie a redboard with transition information on it? i was at another store and they had one near their fixture room and it seemed like a good idea, just wondering if that was a common thing?

it use to be several years ago. IMO good riddance. after doing hr and updating boards constantly, i was glad when they went away. there are enough reports, email, and paperwork just to make you jump through hoops to document something that didn't need documented anyways.

our brtl is obsessed with red boards and dry erase boards. he has them hanging everywhere. people just doodle naughty pics and waste time on them though. they're getting really good at drawing the brtl smoking a cig. few days ago he was flying a kite. yesterday, it said "if you have time to do this, you have time to purge the hba stockroom..." guess the brtl had a few minutes on his hands as well. :)

We used to a transition communication board, but now all the info is available on the computer, so we don't do it any more.

I know what you mean by doing more than your role. I hate seeing the team fail due to slashed hours, so I jump in when I finish my weeks work early.

i won't complain, I'm one of the few people who gets 33-40 hours a week.

We used to a transition communication board, but now all the info is available on the computer, so we don't do it any more.

I know what you mean by doing more than your role. I hate seeing the team fail due to slashed hours, so I jump in when I finish my weeks work early.

i won't complain, I'm one of the few people who gets 33-40 hours a week.

yeah, i basically feel the same way. its just that i work my butt off to support the team and i can't get so much as clear communication as to what is happening when. plano doesn't get their plan until the week that they're currently instead of 2 weeks out like we used to. i used to take their plan and make all my plans around that and know my entire schedule 2 weeks out all the time. now - its a constant scramble. they have the team pushing at 4am and setting at 10am. its ridiculous. for this week - we were supposed to do the patio flat on tuesday. i arrange my schedule to get all the signs prepped and ready to go up first thing (some were done as soon as bodega came down the week before.) everything i had was up and done by 8am tuesday - and the pog team wasn't even close to building any furniture. nothing was assembled until thursday when the team started to build a few things and then they had the hardlines team do a everybody build something thing after the huddle. other than that lawsuit we'll undoubtedly get (so many screws and washers that were not used) i don't know what that was supposed to accomplish. i remember two years ago - i built most of the furniture myself just because i was so far ahead. but because of poor planning i just have to look out for signing alone. they come back and forth to things so often its ridiculous. yesterday they spent from 4-7am pushing easter and THEN started to try and do the curtain aisles. which of course had all new swatches and a new fixture. needless to say the person setting it couldn't figure it out and it came back undone at the end of the day. same thing repeat today. push in mini all morning and then try and start the window pog again after 8am. if they would at least start it first thing - i would be willing to show them how to figure it out or even do it myself. but they can't even be organized to not lose their strips and their planograms anymore. its a shame really. the new hardlines ETL is very hands off and frankly doesn't care. the patl never worked at target before and is constantly floundering. the team ran itself without a hitch for months when the old TL was out. we've all tried to guide the new TL and the ETL but it seems to fall on deaf ears. i know the TL is trying but since they're new - they're too scared to not follow the exact word and plan of the ETL.

Last edited:
Greydot, we have sooo much in common, except I don't do patio furniture or build Christmas trees! There I dig my heels in and refuse.

The POG team builds the furniture? And does curtain swatches? And Christmas tree's?
Wow, in my world anything that can be counted as a display or a sign is on me.
So I build em, hang em, and sort em as well as do all the signing.

POG team here doesn't build furniture either. Usually get the bike guy or anyone available that needs hours to build L&G furniture and do Christmas trees.

I'll do the curtains, build baby furniture and all the other displays.

The POG team builds the furniture? And does curtain swatches? And Christmas tree's?
Wow, in my world anything that can be counted as a display or a sign is on me.
So I build em, hang em, and sort em as well as do all the signing.

this was exactly true for me. and then fixtures became mine. and then hard pogs became mine. and all tipp orders in the building. all mysupports in the building. and then basically everything under the sun. i actually really like building furniture that kind of thing so i usually don't mine and try to get done early to be able to do it. but lately since the leadership over the pog team has taken such a dive i am really trying to step back. curtain swatches are the bain of my existence. i give them to the pog team every year and i always end up doing it anyway since no one can ever figure it out. it depends. some stores the signing spec does displays and some don't. i used to do everything but when i have a whole building to sign (things in our building get absolutely destroyed so there is a lot of fixing and re-ordering and redoing when it comes in again as well) and other projects that ETLs throw my way, i gotta step back until they can do the minimum. they know what the problems are but they keep trying to do the same things. so we'll see.

oh, patio. we used to just set aside a day to just do the flat and all the POG team would just build together. it'd be done by like 8am and it was fun. and that way we could fix any problem pieces that wouldn't go together - together. xmas tress? i think i built them one year but the last two we have had people who couldn't do as much so they got tree duty.

Last edited:
Everything you are saying is so familiar, if I didn't know who targetoldtimer was, I would think greydot was me! LOL!

I am really trying to take a step back to allow the new ptl to become the leader I know she can become. For too long, the team looked to me for answers and help, and now its time for me to step back and allow them to make mistakes or go to their leader for help.

I have a ummm.."fixer" personality, so this is reallllly hard for me.

Of course, I still help the ptl when she asks for it or ask cihyds if she has that "look". Hey, I'm not stupid, I know who writes my review! LOL!

Last edited:
these posts make me sad for the signing tm. i went to train a ptl and gave feedback to their stl. basically, her team couldnt do displays, build stuff, sign stuff, or even get their strips and pogs and know where to go on their own. the stl said that the tm weren't capable, they wasted time, etc. told her that's not on the team. thats on the tl and etl. it's their job to make sure the team is fully trained and hold them accountable for their actions.
my team does every thing related to the pogs they are assigned. the only exception is overhead signing. 3/5 of my people are trained to do that. the other two are not comfortable with the heights. there is no reason you guys should have to do this stuff alone. it's ridiculous. my signing guy does tipp orders for everyone too, but i require that they send it in email form, with all tipp # and quantities, and cc me. if they don't do that, their stuff doesn't get ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back