• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

Okay so I was on my meal break today. Started it at 8:36 and I just realized I ended my meal at 9:06 when it was supposed to be 9:07 I was supposed to punch out my meal. It was a accident. Should I worry here over a minute? Or should I be fine?

If you punched in/out, you must've had one of the times wrong because it won't allow you to punch back in before :31

I don't think so, maybe it let me because the minute doesn't matter? or maybe it was about to turn 9:07 or something

If you punched in/out, you must've had one of the times wrong because it won't allow you to punch back in before :31

You should be fine. If you clocked out at 8:36:32, you have to wait til 9:06:33. The time clock won't let you punch in before that. The only exception that could cause a problem is if the time clock happened to be offline, in which case, it doesn't keep track of your 30 min for you. This doesn't happen very often, so my guess is, you'll be fine. You do not have to wait 31 til the time clock lets you clock back in. I think this is told to everyone to avoid problems when the time clock is offline.

The minute DOES matter. It will beep at you and reject the punch if you're early. You may have started at 9:06, but finished at 9:07, in which case it would read as 9:07. Believe me, I rarely remember when I've punched out and have tried every minute until it took it before (until someone finally showed me how to check my "last punch") LOL!

Yep...it's the seconds as long as you aren't doing a punch correction. The clock will allow you at 30 minutes and one second. But they stress 31 so punch corrections after the fact don't put you into compliance.

ISIS639 and RG are both right. You can punch out at 8:30 and punch back in at 9:00. If it rejects the punch just wait a couple more seconds and it should work.

The timeclock counts to the second so I am assuming that you punched out at 9:06:08 and punched back in at 9:36:14 or something like that, so in that case which is most likely true you have nothing to worry about.

However if the timeclock was offline at the time it will let you punch back in regardless of the time you punched out, if this is the case you will have gone out of compliance.

yup - you can have a 30 minute lunch plus a couple of seconds -

if it lets you punch back in all is well.

The only time it's a problem is when you punch and the clock says ' accepted for processing ', or 'offline'

when it does that - it is not keeping track of your 30 minutes for you. Just keep track yourself.

Does someone know the answer to this. My senior team lead told us today that if we call out she is going to write us up!!! Can she do that?
We asked her why do we get sick time. Thanks!!!!!!

Does someone know the answer to this. My senior team lead told us today that if we call out she is going to write us up!!! Can she do that?
We asked her why do we get sick time. Thanks!!!!!!

It sounds like either your team has serious attendance problems or your SrTL is just a *****.

No not an attendance issue..she told us its Target's new policy....

Every district, every store, even every LOD has a different version of "Target policy." If you have excellent attendance (no late or NCNS and rarely call in) and you become ill, that shouldn't be held against you. Now, if you were to call out often because you'd rather go out partying, then that's reason enough for a writeup.

If you need a day off and the schedule has already been made, use the Swap Shift book rather than calling in. Of course, if you get sick or some other emergency befalls you, then that's different. In that case, you may have no choice but to call in, so try to do so at least two hours before the start of your shift so someone can be called in to work in your place.

Thanks for the info...now I believe it's her policy....FYI there was a TM with 3 NCNS and she DID NOT write her up because she is her friend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back