Archived Confused TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trek

Hello i'm new I've just experienced my first coaching by my TL on making a simple mistake right in front of her but it was resolved quick right away but still got coached that I could've did it on other times etc. Don't they know because of the cameras and other TLs supervises on TMs. Throughout the 10 mins or so I was just nodding my head and kept saying okay/got it/ I understand. Anyways how to handle criticism without feeling like quitting?

Honestly a coaching is not a big deal. No you don't want to pile them up where it becomes a corrective but you just need to use it as motivation to do better in the future.

Especially when you are new.

Please don't quit. Being able to take criticism if it is valid is how we grow.

I also believe a leader who coaches you sees potential in you. If you were a lost cause they wouldn't invest their time in you.

Last edited:
Hello i'm new I've just experienced my first coaching by my TL on making a simple mistake right in front of her but it was resolved quick right away but still got coached that I could've did it on other times etc. Don't they know because of the cameras and other TLs supervises on TMs. Throughout the 10 mins or so I was just nodding my head and kept saying okay/got it/ I understand. Anyways how to handle criticism without feeling like quitting?

Pretty much just learn from it and do it right going forward. Coaching them selves are not bad unless you keep doing it. Then it could lead to a CCA which you will have to sign.

Honestly a coaching is not a big deal. No you don't want to pile them up where it becomes a corrective but you just need to use it as motivation to do better in the future.

Especially when you are new.

Please don't quit. Being able to take criticism if it is valid is how we grow.

I also believe a leader who coaches you sees potential in you. If you were a lost cause they wouldn't invest their time in you.
Okay Thanks ill see to it but I didn't got the chance to ask on what I can improved on~ well ill just do my very best...
Pretty much just learn from it and do it right going forward. Coaching them selves are not bad unless you keep doing it. Then it could lead to a CCA which you will have to sign.
I really hope the 1st coaching is really not any serious that can leads to many warning... I was just told off for a good 10 mins then went back to work.

I don't take any coachings personal. In the end, it's just business. It's basically just kiss ass until you pass. This is why I'd much prefer to be my own manager. I'm hoping to start a side business in reselling cars/rebuilding to resell cars, and hopefully it leads to an all out business layout. It'd be awesome to own my own Dealership or used car dealership. I have many ideas drawn up on how I'd go about it day to day and long-term goals. I plan to lose more money than I can count in the beginning but hopefully in the end it pays off.

Anyways, coachings aren't that bad. Everyone makes mistakes, it's good to take criticism in stride and learn from it. I think a lot of leaders have come to at least appreciate how good I take things, because I know most don't. Respect that they want you to develop beyond what just happened, and they'll respect that in return.

Okay Thanks ill see to it but I didn't got the chance to ask on what I can improved on~ well ill just do my very best...

I really hope the 1st coaching is really not any serious that can leads to many warning... I was just told off for a good 10 mins then went back to work.

And sometimes a coaching night not be documented... I don't document unless I talk to you 2-3 times cause then that's showing a pattern that you aren't listening and willing to change.

Are you told that it's a coaching? How is it different from just a normal conversation with a TL telling you something you can do different next time? For example, I don't think I've ever been coached, but sometimes I've done something 'wrong' and TL just told me not to do that for this reason, but was super polite and friendly and seemed like she understood (I was new at the time) would this be a coaching?

Are you told that it's a coaching? How is it different from just a normal conversation with a TL telling you something you can do different next time? For example, I don't think I've ever been coached, but sometimes I've done something 'wrong' and TL just told me not to do that for this reason, but was super polite and friendly and seemed like she understood (I was new at the time) would this be a coaching?

They're all coachings it's up to the TLs discretion whether they actually document (write you up for it).

A TL can't coach any team member. A VM or a GSA can't write you up though.
Interesting. Basically all that happened is I had rang this lady up and was getting her change and she asked for a strap to carry some appliance (old lady) and my drawer was still open and after I was done backing up, GSTL just came over to me and told me next time to shut the drawer because that's how people could steal sometimes.

Interesting. Basically all that happened is I had rang this lady up and was getting her change and she asked for a strap to carry some appliance (old lady) and my drawer was still open and after I was done backing up, GSTL just came over to me and told me next time to shut the drawer because that's how people could steal sometimes.

Leaving a cash drawer open and basically unattended is not a simple mistake.

yea, it makes sense that you were talked to.....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave a cash drawer open. The wise thing to do is to finish giving the change, close the drawer and then gotten the strap.

Leaving the drawer open is inviting trouble.... and a coaching. You are lucky that you only got talked to. Make sure that a cash drawer is closed before you do anything else.

Last edited:
Leaving a cash drawer open and basically unattended is not a simple mistake.

yea, it makes sense that you were talked to.....NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave a cash drawer open. The wise thing to do is to finish giving the change, close the drawer and then gotten the strap.

Leaving the drawer open is inviting trouble.... and a coaching. You are lucky that you only got talked to. Make sure that a cash drawer is closed before you do anything else.
Yeah obviously it was dumb but it was like two weeks in and I'm not a cashier so I think she kinda got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back