Archived confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple weeks back i forgot to clock in for work..so i did a missing punch before it was time for me to leave. However i could not remember the exact time so i threw a time i normally clocked in. Not thinking cause to me it was not a big deal. Then i get told today that there were etls questioning my missing punch..to the point where they reviewed video and seen what time i came in. It was four minutes off of what i put....can i get in trouble for this? And are they suppose to be watching me like this? Whats the best practice

A couple weeks back i forgot to clock in for work..so i did a missing punch before it was time for me to leave. However i could not remember the exact time so i threw a time i normally clocked in. Not thinking cause to me it was not a big deal. Then i get told today that there were etls questioning my missing punch..to the point where they reviewed video and seen what time i came in. It was four minutes off of what i put....can i get in trouble for this? And are they suppose to be watching me like this? Whats the best practice

Wow you've got some strict ETLs if they're worried about four freaking minutes.
If you forgot to punch in, you should have just submitted a punch correction for the start time of the shift. Unless you showed up late, of course.
You can get in trouble for lying about your work time, not sure what four minutes will do.

You probably don't need to worry if it was just four minutes. We had someone who had multiple shifts at like thirty minutes to an hour each and that was an issue. You'll probably receive a warning for it. Next time, just tell your ETL you forgot what time you came in and get the right time, that way you don't get anyone worrying if it was wrong.

Welcome to the Break Room.

Sorry to hear that your ETLs are being such hard asses.
I would have just put the beginning of the shift if I couldn't remember exactly when I punched in just to be on the safe side.

I think this all came about because i am trying to transfer stores. im quote "thier best tl" supposedly and there is no backfill for me

You probably did piss someone off at some point. Unfortunately, that's how it works. They all get in that nit-picky so-in-so-sucks mindset and won't let it go until they find some ridiculous justification.

Out of curiosity... was the punch like: shift starts at 4, so you said 4? Or shift starts at 4 but you usually clock in early so you guessed 3:55? Whenever I'm not completely certain I ask my AP if he can find me on the tapes. Granted, it's rare I ask, or else that would be a huge issue... but I'm not about to weigh the choice of guessing wrong, being "early" and being termed for falsifying records, or guessing late and cheating myself out of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back