Archived Constructive Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's drawings, not photos. And it's fairly limited--cosmetics won't be getting much love, if I recall correctly. But it's the best they've made for us.

However, you do bring up a good point about actual photos being better... Why don't you partner with AP or HR (one or both should have a camera you can borrow) and take pictures yourself? Have the photo lab print them up for you, and the cost to the store is almost nothing. I think I'm gonna do that myself actually. Thanks for bringing this up! Hahaha.

hey just a tip (sorry off topic)... you can use the pictures from tipp. print them out and tape them to the front of the bins. helped ours out tremendously.

hey just a tip (sorry off topic)... you can use the pictures from tipp. print them out and tape them to the front of the bins. helped ours out tremendously.

I've put pictures, written descriptions, set up drawers and still people would rather dump and run.
I know some stores lock the doors but I've heard enough horror stories to want to avoid that option.
All too often I get the "have AP check the cameras" but that seems way to Big Brother for me.
I'm getting to be a fan of the "big guy hiding behind the door and jumping out every time somebody dumps something' solution.
He could have one of those air horns and a megaphone.
Wouldn't have to be there all the time, just often enough that nobody could be sure if he was going to jump out at them.
Seems creative and constructive to me.

I want the backroom location audit to include a list of other current locations for each product you scan. One problem in our stockroom mess is that things are not condensed or organized. This way if the audit takes me to some stupid Waco with one jar of baby food and three socks, (oh dear god our team can't get it into their head not to mix food and other stuff) it would tell me of there is already a location for these products and I could clear out the location and add it to the others instead.

I agree that everyone who is able to should go up for backup. They ensure everyone in the building is cashier trained, and apart from a few TM's who cannot leave their workcenters everyone else should go up. I know its mostly salesfloor TM's first, but we are an ULV so often there will be just 1 or 2 salesfloor TM's in the day, and we dont have walkies all the time. I have never heard the POG/ pricing/ instocks team offer to go up, even when I say im with a guest, it takes the ETL's over the walkie calling ppl by name to go up. its crazy.

It just gets so frustrating when it seems im always having to drop whats in my hands and go up, today I was in the backroom, and asked if anyone was closer, no reply, so dropped what was in my hands and went up.... got off, came back. Then they called again, I went back up, which by the time I got there the guests had already been checked out. Then they wonder why my work is rushed or not completed in allocated time. argghhh.

If I have just been up and they call again, I will sometimes give it 5 seconds to see if anyone else responds, but surprise surprise they dont, so back up I go. :( okay rant over.

I am a CSM at Walmart. (I know, I know, shame on me, but I do enjoy you guys! )

When we need to call for help, we have a list of who is currently clocked in and register-eligible that shows on the CSM PDA. Walmart has scorecards where it is ok for certain departments to go up, and they would rather have others not go up. (for example, they would rather have lawn-&-garden associates come up than electronics associates, and they from Home Office can see how often people with different job codes are on the registers.)

We are a high-volume store, and we typically have have around 4 to 6 CSM's on at a time during the busiest times. (I think CSM is basically the GSA? We respond to customer requests, "That cashier was cranky blah blah blah." help cashiers when they do not know how to do something, pull the money out of the drawers at the end of the night...) Each CSM is responsible for a different area:

Coordinator sends cashiers to break;
Grocery Responder, helps cashiers on grocery side of the registers, and brings change orders on that half of the store;
General Merchandise "GM Responder" does the same thing on their side;
then we have the GM & GRO Monitors, who help direct traffic to open registers, and looks for abandoned carts on the front end (apparently people can't put their own carts away?!?!)

So when lines start to get longer, the GM & GRO Monitors will hop onto registers, then if it get even busier, the GM responder goes on a register. The GRO Responder does not get on a register, unless a higher member of management takes over for them, same with the coordinator.

Then if it gets crazy busy, like most weekends, we call up floor help. IWhen we do call up floor help, we have a sheet where we write down who we paged, at what time, and if they came up. This keeps them all accountable, so they cannot hide. We also write what times they were on the register, so if there was a half-hour of work that they did not get done, management can see that they were up front helping cashier for half an hour.

It is annoying when we have all 21 registers, and 8 self-checkouts open and we still have lines half way to soft-lines! (This is not even all that unusual! )

I'm not sure if other stores have them, but our electric carts don't have a battery indicator on them, just a green light that's solid when it's charged and blinking when it's dead. Wouldn't it make sense to have a staggered battery indicator on them. Pisses my guests off all the time

I'm not sure if other stores have them, but our electric carts don't have a battery indicator on them, just a green light that's solid when it's charged and blinking when it's dead. Wouldn't it make sense to have a staggered battery indicator on them. Pisses my guests off all the time

I hate this. Half of ours don't even have working lights on them.

Sounds so stupid and small but : Putting a photo on the front of each box/carton/bin in the fixture room of the correct fixture for that one. Our fixture room gets sorted all the time, and is locked, yet it still looks completely chaotic and messed up..... Perhaps something so simple as a photo could help people in putting stuff away where it is supposed to go. It drives me insane whenever I need a fixture for my dept, having to hunt for ages to find one when I know we have plenty there is just 1 in perhaps every box in the room! arrggghh!!! :\

You can actually order fixture room labels that have the picture/barcode/part# of most of the common fixtures on them. Only way a fixture room stays clean is to assign one person to take ownership of it. Getting a grumpy old lady w/ a touch of OCD works pretty good for us. LOL!

How 'bout an electric cart that would sound a siren if the weight limit was exceeded or if a child was in the basket? No? Just a thought...

How 'bout an electric cart that would sound a siren if the weight limit was exceeded or if a child was in the basket? No? Just a thought...

In our store that stupid thing would be going off all the time (at least for the 1st part - not the child in the basket part).

Don't you know that being a fat ass is a handicap and they deserve those carts? Sheesh. You can't say things like that!

God help us all if a hearing-impaired obese person tried to use it... D-:

Don't you know that being a fat ass is a handicap and they deserve those carts? Sheesh. You can't say things like that!

"Now of course, if that is the result of a glandular condition and not sloth and gluttony, then I withdraw that comment." - Sheldon Cooper

I will get you the part number tomorrow to order a lovely batch of stickers with part numbers and pictures. I have a couple brand new sets in my file cabinet, just waiting for my STL to find me some hours to clean and re-organize.

Sorry, forgot to get the number yesterday. It's LOG1034.

Hey Team.......got some more constructive ideas?

Well, with milk on sale this one always irks me. Any pfresh store that isn't ULV (or maybe even ULV) should have back fill milk. Pushing a flat 4 crates high every two hours is a huge waste of time, especially time spent off the floor stacking crates onto a flat, and then spending time pulling milk off the shelf to rotate.

Well, with milk on sale this one always irks me. Any pfresh store that isn't ULV (or maybe even ULV) should have back fill milk. Pushing a flat 4 crates high every two hours is a huge waste of time, especially time spent off the floor stacking crates onto a flat, and then spending time pulling milk off the shelf to rotate.

I know the feeling!

I wish there was an easier process for "paid and left" items......no logging them. When guests come to get their items and we have to scan their receipt and the paid and left receipts why must we have to 1) have a gift card for payment....and 2) why must we have to re-ring the guests items when the computer already "knows" that the items were paid and left?

What I would love to see is the weekly flyer loaded into the PDA/PDT.
That way you could the audit from the gun and shoot outs right there.
Also anyone of us could look things up without having to go get a flyer.

I wish there was an easier process for "paid and left" items......no logging them. When guests come to get their items and we have to scan their receipt and the paid and left receipts why must we have to 1) have a gift card for payment....and 2) why must we have to re-ring the guests items when the computer already "knows" that the items were paid and left?

1) To not lose money. Believe it or not people will come in with a receipt they found and go "Oh I left my stuff here" when they didn't actually purchase it. Therefore, they get a giftcard so we don't lose money.

2) To add and subtract the items from the inventory.

We have a bin for cart wipes and trash. The hole for the trash is in the middle and the wipes dispense at the top. Shouldn't this be designed to be the other way around?

Most of you probably don't run into this much, but

1) For our "tech support" to actually KNOW what our systems DO. We had a guy yesterday tell us "the system is designed to log off every 10 minutes"...O RLY??? Then why do only 3 computers do it and did it only start doing it last week??? Oh, and the directions they sent us for the "upgraded" phone systems??? Completely wrong!!! We found that out through trial-and-error... :facepalm:

2) To actually be able to UNDERSTAND what they are saying....I mean no disrespect here, but is our TS outsourced to India???

3) For the "powers that be" to STOP "fixing" things in the Pharmacy systems and processes that AREN'T BROKEN!!! For example, we send refill requests to doctor's offices electronically and a form prints out on both ends....the forms used to be the same. NOW, we get a "new and improved" form and the doctors get the "old" form. Here's the catch....the "new and improved" form SUCKS!!! The layout is confusing, doctor's offices don't like it, and they keep asking us why there are 2 different forms (because some are still sent manually via fax and if we don't get a response, we "refax" the new form). E-support actually told us "the same form is printed on both ends" and when my ETL-Rx told them "I'm looking at the form the doctor's office JUST received and it's not the same...it's the OLD FORM"....they told her "that's not possible" :dash2: :dash2: :dash2: :dash2: :dash2:

1) To not lose money. Believe it or not people will come in with a receipt they found and go "Oh I left my stuff here" when they didn't actually purchase it. Therefore, they get a giftcard so we don't lose money.

2) To add and subtract the items from the inventory.

When people come to get their Paid and Left, you have to scan their receipt and the Paid and Left log sheet so the computer then can compare the two lists. No receipt? We have the guests tell us exactly what they left.

The issue with the gift card is that the guest NEVER gets the card....it is only the GS TM who sees uses the gift card. It is at this point that I get annoyed. For the computer has just "read" the Paid and Left receipt.....and the guest has the items (or has gone to the sales floor to get the replacement items) right in front of them....so WHY must we re-ring these items when the computer has just "registered" the lost item?

re: issue 2....the items were already bought once.....the computer registers the items again.....why can't the computer "know" to subtract the items from inventory?

2) To actually be able to UNDERSTAND what they are saying....I mean no disrespect here, but is our TS outsourced to India???

This is gonna sound smarmy, but you do realize that Target has an entire division headquartered in India, right? And yes they do have a CSC call center there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back