COVID-19 Coronavirus...

In a perfect world they could enforce it simply by having the register not ring up items that have a dpci starting with certain three numbers (whatever it's called). Judging non-essential though gets tricky - I'd say underwear and socks are essential but the rest of the clothing isn't, but there are the poor souls who legit had a lot of damage to their clothes, and there are people who would say that socks aren't essential. People mentioned toys to keep themselves and kids entertained, but that's still a lot of square footage browsing for just a few items. I'd say yes to motor oil because people with old cars leak oil, but no to Armor-all, but other people may say that motor oil isn't essential, or maybe there's no way to block car cleaning supplies without blocking car maintenance.
Unfortunately, they don't necessarily want to buy anything. They are bored, and want to entertain themselves by trying things on.

Unfortunately, they don't necessarily want to buy anything. They are bored, and want to entertain themselves by trying things on.
Good argument for closing the fitting room. Give it a try to the powers that be at your store, they could be leaving germs on the clothes which other guests could catch by handling the same clothes and COVID-19 transmission via infected fabrics would be a PR nightmare.

Good argument for closing the fitting room. Give it a try to the powers that be at your store, they could be leaving germs on the clothes which other guests could catch by handling the same clothes and COVID-19 transmission via infected fabrics would be a PR nightmare.
It's a good thing viruses don't spread like that.

Meh I see nothing bad about the article. Its not like target isnt aware of the board and warches it daily. Its simply stating what people already know. No big secrets spilled or anything :/

As a big box store I'm surprised Target hasn't closed the smaller or medium sized stores better to put the stuff in a greatland or supertarget than get into a supply chain problem leading to all target's looking like Target canada.

the temporary shutdown would allow Target to grant short term disability so people are still paid after all target's better than the competition and should step up
or we can just wait for everything to look like Target canada and we all know how that went.

I wish Target would limit guests entering stores. A one guest in for one guest out.

This is getting Real. Team members are having to choose between work and their health (and health of family.) If tm’s call out or go LOA en masse - Target will be forced to make a decision.

Target needs to narrow down store hours for in-store shoppers. Needs to ramp up SFS offers and Pick Up offers.

Not only for Health concerns, but for safety.

yes im very concerned about me getting it due to my asthma or my father getting it. im the front of store attendant too. heavily considering LOA

The town were my Target is located have reported their first case. I’m scheduled for full 40hours for the next two weeks. My family is asking me to stay home . What should I do? Can I call them and tell my concerns? Already my department has few people left even before the virus struck.

What you do is up to you. This compnay and all others open right now dont give a flying monkey poop about you or any of us. All they care about is capitalizing on all the other stores shut down right now. You do what yoy feel you need to. Explain it to your hr. But seriously you need to look out for your right now cause that paycheck doeant care.

I’m not concerned about my paycheck right now as my husband is still working from home and gets his salary. But I’m not sure if this will affect my future employment with Target. Anyway I already have a mild fever and cough which is not dry though. But I called my doctor to consult and he told me to stay home for 2 days and see how the symptoms are developing/ going away. I have my kid at home too. So I am seriously thinking to stay home for atleast a week.

If I am planning to stay home for a week , can I call them and tell that by phone or is there any other procedure?

I’ll give a call after sometime. I think I have stocked up for a while . Even if I want anything I’ll order online for drive up.

im jus tryna buy animal crossing and the line goes almost around the building

this safer at home thing for cali got people panic buying again

Is any amount of money worth it if your health declines ? Sure Target is giving us what they promised( anyhow )earlier and they might give over-time but then your adding exposure time due to being in the store longer. I wish the federal government would just come out and give a hazard pay amount to all essential workers which would add in overtime hours and that would make some sense. The feds just don't have a plan for this covid-19 and antiquated hazard pay laws of which none exist,except if you receive hazard pay it must count towards overtime.

Back