COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Wow...and now Trump is leaving it up to the governors when to re-open states with some oversight from the feds. I still don't get this when 1 infected person can hop on a plane and go to a state that has few cases and start it all over again. I am afraid politics is going to play into this with the economy taking a dump and the politicians are gonna push to open up again too early and just cause a massive 2nd wave. As I write this... Trump is actually talking about 29 states opening soon ...Wow and how many Americans have taken a test ? Insanity ! And he is suspending funding to the WHO pending a review.
Only the GOP-led states, it seems:

Well its almost time for the no return policy to be up. I was really hoping it would be extended until the end of the month since the majority of states still have stay-at-home orders until then.

According to Target’s website, it’s been extended through April 26.
Great! Our signs & TLs were still saying the 16th when I left. Our TLs were behind on other coronovirus things too. Today I was still telling guests no returns through a minimum of April 16th & was oh that's tomorrow, I'm sure if they were extending it they would have told us by now.

Great! Our signs & TLs were still saying the 16th when I left. Our TLs were behind on other coronovirus things too. Today I was still telling guests no returns through a minimum of April 16th & was oh that's tomorrow, I'm sure if they were extending it they would have told us by now.
Yeah I’ve been off the last few days because I’m switching to overnights so I don’t know what the communication has been in stores yet. But the way it’s supposed to work is that anything with a final return date of 3/15-4/26 has until 6/15 to be returned. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the no returns extends further.

My LOA will be over the 20th. or 21st I can't remember. I called the store to inform them that I will continue LOA without pay until further notice. Yes, it is too early to return I think, that is if you are vulnerable of the deadly end COVID-19 may cause. It will be financially devastating however.
What did your store say? Are they ok with you extending your LOA? I’m also worried if it would affect my job. But the area my store is located is now having hundreds of cases and continuing to grow.

How can I extend my LOA? I have taken one month LOA which will be over by first week of May. But my state’s condition is getting worse and I might have to extend it . Is there any limit on how long you can take a LOA? I heard we can just call the store and let them know about it. I’m not sure if they will pick calls . But if that’s the only way, I’ll keep on trying .
my return date is april 21st from a one month LOA im nervous about returning with no signs this virus is calming down in my state. at the same time im nervous if i will be let go for being on LOA to long.
My LOA will be over the 20th. or 21st I can't remember. I called the store to inform them that I will continue LOA without pay until further notice. Yes, it is too early to return I think, that is if you are vulnerable of the deadly end COVID-19 may cause. It will be financially devastating however.
If you were already on an unpaid leave, contact your store and tell them you want to extend your leave. Try to have a return date in mind. They will extend it.

If you are on the vulnerable leave, you may also extend by calling your store, but it will most likely be unpaid personal leave. Again, try to have an end date in mind.

Leave protects your job. I have not heard anyone at my store complain about those on any kind of leave.

I also took a LOA. 7 confirmed covid-19 positives at my store. The extra 2 bucks an hour won't be worth it if I have to pay medical bills, and don't want to spread anything to my family. I really don't want to extend it beyond two weeks, but at the rate I keep getting texts about new cases for our store, I may have to stay out longer....

Question: on May 3rd when the pay rate supposedly drops back down to $13, does that include the seasonals too? Do they know this? We have hired so many people in the past 2 weeks and now regular TMs are starting to come back from LOAs. I just wonder how this is gonna play out.

Question: on May 3rd when the pay rate supposedly drops back down to $13, does that include the seasonals too? Do they know this? We have hired so many people in the past 2 weeks and now regular TMs are starting to come back from LOAs. I just wonder how this is gonna play out.
If they did it right when interviewing and hiring they would have given them their $13 starting rate and explained that the extra $2 is hazard pay and temporary. If they didn’t explain that....well, some might be upset

So, who’s ready for the law of unintended consequences to rear its ugly head? Surges of people out shopping and many not following even basic safety precautions. It’s almost like the government giving them money provided them with some powerful magical spell, wherein they merely need to shake a fistful of greenbacks at our old pal Covy and it’ll just recoil in fear from all of that freedom. I get it, people are broke and need things, but the last two days have been full of people who seem to have forgotten the situation we are in.

Our electronics dept was bananas tonight. I've been seeing a lot of TVs being sold, but tonight was a whole 'nother level, and we only had one electronics closer (usually there are two on Fridays).

We were already 25% over forecast by 6:45 tonight. Forgot to check what we were after close. Up about 35% for the week so far.

Our electronics dept was bananas tonight. I've been seeing a lot of TVs being sold, but tonight was a whole 'nother level, and we only had one electronics closer (usually there are two on Fridays).

We were already 25% over forecast by 6:45 tonight. Forgot to check what we were after close. Up about 35% for the week so far.
I feel that. My tech team has been beating total sales by between 3 and 4 times most days, with 60% of that being originated. I’m so proud of them, but it’s rough for them with only having one person back there at a time.

I feel that. My tech team has been beating total sales by between 3 and 4 times most days, with 60% of that being originated. I’m so proud of them, but it’s rough for them with only having one person back there at a time.
Interesting that you just joined and are using ‘STL‘ in 2020 ? Newbies may not know what that is. Are you truly NOT new and have been lurking ?

Interesting that you just joined and are using ‘STL‘ in 2020 ? Newbies may not know what that is. Are you truly NOT new and have been lurking ?
i’m a specialty sales team lead. I made my account before I realized that stl was the previous store director job title haha.

Not sure if its been addressed elsewhere but does anyone have mandatory health checks starting this week? Three minutes added daily to your time for these? Supposed to be a letter coming explaining everything but i have not gotten one yet, its making me wonder if my store has a confirmed case possibly.

Oh, so that sign was new. Wasn't sure if it was new or if I'd just not noticed it among the proliferation of signs all over the place, and "stay home if you have symptoms" has kind of been a thing for awhile now...

We've been doing daily temp checks in our house, anyway, so that won't be a new thing for me, personally.

Back