COVID-19 Coronavirus...

You obviously didn't read my post. The $2 is BS, the team members were getting that anyways, they had that in their budget/plans.

If you think they are limiting guests you are wrong. I am not sure my store would ever reach the threshold even at Christmas, think about how busy and congested your store is at Christmas time and think that might not even be enough people to limit.

The cleaning procedures, which I didn't even touch on are a joke as well. You think that every ship from store cart, uboat, item and shelf in the entire store is being cleaned between each use?!? You are wrong.
The $2 is something. They were planning for that later in the year, not at this point. Also, everyone got that including dc employees. I sure am grateful for the extra $80+ a check.

2 stores just got hit

2 stores just got hit

It was only a matter of time, especially in the harder hit areas. I guess they will just keep going like the Amazon warehouses have.

Stay the Fuck home

“This is the moment to not be going to the grocery store, not going to the pharmacy, but doing everything you can to keep your family and your friends safe.” Dr Birx

And yesterday was the day that the cats went on a hunger strike and I'm left with roughly 22 pounds of dry food and 100 cans of wet food they won't touch since I've been stocking up for weeks in case of a quarantine. Sorry, I'm going to be pet food shopping a lot in the next two weeks. Probably a shelter donation too.

It would be great if a $2 raise was implemented to every team member every time the minimum was raised.
It won't happen. Target doesn't place that high of a value on the services performed by store-level team members. Target doesn't have the same values as Costco Wholesale. Target isn't a union shop, there's no messy collective bargaining to deal with - and no union corruption and scandals. Target doesn't offer a merit-based civil service for store-level workers, either. Target's HR philosophy is not an idealistic social-justice experiment. Target is a fairly shrewd corporate business, and compared to most large U.S. retail companies and in normal non-COVID-19 times a rather good place to work. I'd love it if the higher-ups saw the value in an across-the-board $2/hour raise, but that's not reality.

Our store limit is like 370 something. We do count pretty seriously but we only reach that limit at opening. But we are constantly in guest first and our store is incredibly busy. People buying clothes, bathing suits, home decor. Funny that people think a stay at home order means go to target to fuck off and yell at the employees about stupid shit like the new return policy or being out of stuff

Those "limits" are laughably insulting. Shame on Target Corporate, SHAME. My store was not getting near that many guests and it still felt too crowded. Way too many people in Market, Chem and Beauty. How can you distance when there are guests and TMs around every corner?

The bare minimum Target should be doing is closing off nonessentials and limiting guests drastically, not next week, not tomorrow, NOW, and nationwide.

Those "limits" are laughably insulting. Shame on Target Corporate, SHAME. My store was not getting near that many guests and it still felt too crowded. Way too many people in Market, Chem and Beauty. How can you distance when there are guests and TMs around every corner?

The bare minimum Target should be doing is closing off nonessentials and limiting guests drastically, not next week, not tomorrow, NOW, and nationwide.

I think this will happen soon. Stores are being told to move as much as they possibly can overnight. There aren't going to be enough TMs in the building to cover the entire store, and probably 3/4s of the TMs there will either be picking OPUs or running drive-ups out.

It should have already happened. I agree with you on that. But, I'm guessing there will be an announcement within a week.

Won't pass. Thank your Republican representatives for that kick in the teeth.
It's an election year with a 1 term president. Both sides will be trying to buy people's votes by following through (not promising) and giving an improved economy. There is a chance it may go through simply due to election timing, if the Republicans can twist it to them being the savior.

It's an election year with a 1 term president. Both sides will be trying to buy people's votes by following through (not promising) and giving an improved economy. There is a chance it may go through simply due to election timing, if the Republicans can twist it to them being the savior.

Nah...Trump's going to win again. Biden can't beat him.

If the recovery is botched, there's likely going to be enough scared and angry people that they will be voting against Trump, not voting for anyone.

your store is not doing the things you want them to do. nothing corporate can do will change that
If it's true that
Nobody is cleaning in my store. They use those hours for GM.
then there is a HUGE problem. It just takes one TM or one guest to contact a news media source to create a huge embarrassment for Brian and his team. The problem here is there's not a method for you, as a TM, to contact corporate ("integrity hotline" or whatever) about this issue without facing likely retaliation. Using the company's "open door policy" is much riskier for you than it seems. Cynical though it may seem, the best solution might be having a friend (NOT a relative of yours) come in, observe the lack of cleaning, and report a complaint. Don't risk the career equivalent of receiving an ISIS beheading.

Hey all!! I created a separate post on this but it hasn't gathered much attention. My store and my whole area has been hit by the virus pretty significantly, we have multiple confirmed cases in our store. Almost half the store has been calling out or taking an LOA. I don't feel safe going in, I have older parents, but don't think I qualify for any paid LOA. I do, however, have many sick hours that I will never use otherwise as I never call out. I was wondering if I could use all my sick hours during this time, it should be able to last me about over a month, or at least some of them? I could really still use the money. I am just scared to be held accountable for this even though I heard attendance is being waived? Thanks!!

Hey all!! I created a separate post on this but it hasn't gathered much attention. My store and my whole area has been hit by the virus pretty significantly, we have multiple confirmed cases in our store. Almost half the store has been calling out or taking an LOA. I don't feel safe going in, I have older parents, but don't think I qualify for any paid LOA. I do, however, have many sick hours that I will never use otherwise as I never call out. I was wondering if I could use all my sick hours during this time, it should be able to last me about over a month, or at least some of them? I could really still use the money. I am just scared to be held accountable for this even though I heard attendance is being waived? Thanks!!

Back