COVID-19 Coronavirus...

We could also quit funding the Whoville Grinch (World Health Organization). That 57.9 million could be better spent.

In the past few years the World Health Organization has vaccinated 3.5 million people for Yellow Fever in South America (yes, it's still a problem).
They managed to get 5 million children vaccinated in Yemen even though it is a warzone.
Simultaneous vaccination campaigns have been completed in Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Benin in an effort to stop polio transmission and ensure non-resurgence of the virus in polio-free countries.
They were responsible for the eradication of small pox in the darkest corners of the world.
Don't let The Impeached 45 lay off his fuckups on the W.H.O.
Whatever mistakes they made are nothing compared to the crap he has pulled.
The good they have done far outweighs any problems that exist.

This is a drawback to outsourcing. Here's what Marketsource's own web site brags about their company's achievements:

What a number of people here have been saying from the start.

My TL said today that a big reason Target has cut back on the weekly ad is they've started offering more online deals in an effort to get people to shop online and stay out of stores.

Seems to be working, somewhat, given the SFS/OPU volume. If they could manage to keep everyone out except those who have needs that can't be met via OPU (pharmacy, no internet/email/etc.), that would be best.

At least it's good that they're going to overnight freight & SFS and encouraging people to order more online.

Right commie,..outstanding work
In the past few years the World Health Organization has vaccinated 3.5 million people for Yellow Fever in South America (yes, it's still a problem).
They managed to get 5 million children vaccinated in Yemen even though it is a warzone.
Simultaneous vaccination campaigns have been completed in Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Benin in an effort to stop polio transmission and ensure non-resurgence of the virus in polio-free countries.
They were responsible for the eradication of small pox in the darkest corners of the world.
Don't let The Impeached 45 lay off his fuckups on the W.H.O.
Whatever mistakes they made are nothing compared to the crap he has pulled.
The good they have done far outweighs any problems that exist.
Right on all points commie but also all in the past...I am afraid the current leadership of the WHO is becoming too political...agree with Trump here...China needs to be the main funding source since everything originated there. Do you think other countries such as Italy or Spain are going to contribute now ? What if everything was reversed and the virus originated in the US...The world would be screaming for us to pay ! Unfortunately like all things the WHO is becoming a pawn in a bigger game and I am afraid it's great work over the years will be diminished. The only way is to have China become the major source of funding now and that would be an excellent step but China will never admit to nothing so I don't see that happening. Also China is opening up again in the affected area, is the WHO going to monitor the situation so a 2nd wave does not occur ?

I think at this point the WHO management should be thoroughly investigated with the goal of prosecution. The CCP should also be called to account. I doubt any political entity will do that but imo any government or organization that lies, spins, kowtows (its a word and quite appropriate) needs to be sanctioned. This didn’t need to happen.

There are people that are so annoying, they act like the goal of social distancing and shutting down businesses is to make the virus go away completely. We self-isolate long enough in their view, the pandemic stops. That has never been the goal of WHO or CDC, it's been stated flat out that we don't have immunity, COVID-19 is going to bulldoze through us and the goal of social distancing and isolation is simply to slow it down. It's part of life now, we're likely all going to get sick, we just have to get sick slower than what is now a natural rate of infection for humans in modern countries.

Do people really think that if they stay 6 feet apart and watch Netflix nightly that COVID-19 will die out in less than a month? Are they really unaware that it's to flatten the curve, not annihilation? Are they really closing their eyes to the fact that it's already mutating - and that no one yet knows if catching one mutation will give immunity to all?

I'm doing my share to flatten the curve because it is of utmost importance that there be less serious infections than there are ventilators. But I labor under no illusions that my isolation will protect me in the long run. The only way the world is going to get back to normal, mall walking, movie theaters and that trampoline park I want to try, is for enough people to be immune that there's no one left to catch it.

And even if people all over the world are locked away for a month, no deliveries of any kind, no medical or utility service, nothing, it wouldn't do much. This is a zoonotic virus, there's at least one other creature that can host it. Even a dog was found to have it, they tested it when they tested its sick owner.

That is a concern I have, animal infection. It could make a hell of a mess if it hopped into our livestock industry. So much of the meat we eat comes from animals saturated with a witch’s brew of vaccines to keep them healthy in overcrowded facilities. Not to mention the appetite stimulants so animals gain weight and go to market sooner. I wonder if those drugs and stimulants ‘hang over’ in the meat and contribute to human health issues. A wander off topic- oops. It’s all complex enough without covid.

I'm pretty certain it does, which is why the FDA cracked down on the prophylactic antibiotics several years ago. While the details are fuzzy due to old age and drugs, I believe the concern was the meat had enough residue that the bacteria in humans were gaining antibiotic resistance. There's also the bovine growth something in milk, there's been concerns that there's enough in the actual milk to cause reproductive problems.

Oh, back on track, I found out that the version of COVID-19 on the West Coast is different than the one on the East Coast. And researchers don't know how post-infection immunity will work.

I'm pretty certain it does, which is why the FDA cracked down on the prophylactic antibiotics several years ago. While the details are fuzzy due to old age and drugs, I believe the concern was the meat had enough residue that the bacteria in humans were gaining antibiotic resistance. There's also the bovine growth something in milk, there's been concerns that there's enough in the actual milk to cause reproductive problems.

Oh, back on track, I found out that the version of COVID-19 on the West Coast is different than the one on the East Coast. And researchers don't know how post-infection immunity will work.

Got a link to that?

So today I find out that someone from this exact Trader Joe’s store died 4 days ago. I’m literally within walking distance of this store. I wonder if a lawsuit will come of this?

Could happen unless government passes laws protecting businesses which they likely are.

Trader Joe's treats their employees far better than Target. They gave hazard pay before anyone else. They are also getting bonuses. They limited their hours before we did. Their TMs are now required to wear a mask if they are cashiering. If one of their employees gets sick with the virus, their store will close for up to two weeks. I have a friend who works there.

Wow...and now Trump is leaving it up to the governors when to re-open states with some oversight from the feds. I still don't get this when 1 infected person can hop on a plane and go to a state that has few cases and start it all over again. I am afraid politics is going to play into this with the economy taking a dump and the politicians are gonna push to open up again too early and just cause a massive 2nd wave. As I write this... Trump is actually talking about 29 states opening soon ...Wow and how many Americans have taken a test ? Insanity ! And he is suspending funding to the WHO pending a review.

Wow...and now Trump is leaving it up to the governors when to re-open states with some oversight from the feds. I still don't get this when 1 infected person can hop on a plane and go to a state that has few cases and start it all over again. I am afraid politics is going to play into this with the economy taking a dump and the politicians are gonna push to open up again too early and just cause a massive 2nd wave. As I write this... Trump is actually talking about 29 states opening soon ...Wow and how many Americans have taken a test ? Insanity ! And he is suspending funding to the WHO pending a review.
It is possible that the federal government taking complete control may violate the Constitution. That has to be adhered to at all times, or it becomes far too easy to trash it during any natural disaster, and that leads to rule by mob and rule by force. Crossing state lines is what the federal government owns, within state is what the states own, and it'd suck if a good recovery gets trashed by a court case determining the whole thing illegal - such as a business arguing in court they shouldn't be closed since the federal government issued the mandate within the state and the state laid down no additional closure rules.

People will bitch about Trump no matter what he does. It’s up to individuals to see to their own situations. Politics have pushed the average person to the curb. We take care of our selves now. The government will muddle unless there is a clear take charge attitude, watch how your local officials act and then vote them the hell out if needed. We are getting schooled.

How can I extend my LOA? I have taken one month LOA which will be over by first week of May. But my state’s condition is getting worse and I might have to extend it . Is there any limit on how long you can take a LOA? I heard we can just call the store and let them know about it. I’m not sure if they will pick calls . But if that’s the only way, I’ll keep on trying .

It has always been left up to the state governors. The federal government does not have the power to control that at all - only make suggestions (or tie it to funding of some sort like highway funds - aka alcohol purchasing age). It is a state's power, according to the constitution.

my return date is april 21st from a one month LOA im nervous about returning with no signs this virus is calming down in my state. at the same time im nervous if i will be let go for being on LOA to long.

That is a question I've had all along about the LOAs. It was pretty obvious that the virus would outlast the LOA, unless you took off 6 months or more. What were people initially planning on doing once their 15 days or 30 days are up?

My LOA will be over the 20th. or 21st I can't remember. I called the store to inform them that I will continue LOA without pay until further notice. Yes, it is too early to return I think, that is if you are vulnerable of the deadly end COVID-19 may cause. It will be financially devastating however.

my return date is april 21st from a one month LOA im nervous about returning with no signs this virus is calming down in my state. at the same time im nervous if i will be let go for being on LOA to long.

I may extend mine as well, and yes I am concerned about being judged and even "punished" for taking leave for too long. But at the same time, I have to listen to my gut.

That is a question I've had all along about the LOAs. It was pretty obvious that the virus would outlast the LOA, unless you took off 6 months or more. What were people initially planning on doing once their 15 days or 30 days are up?

When my paid leave is almost up I may take an unpaid one, not sure for how long. Maybe by then my store will have masks and gloves, but if not I will use my own gloves and home made masks, I suppose.

Drove by my store today on the way to deposit a check and the parking lot was packed. Busier than before I left. Folks strolling in and out of the store with no masks. WTF.

Back