COVID-19 Coronavirus...

If I'm staring at a product, oblivious to who's around me, I've been asked by others if they could reach in and grab something. I never considered it rude. I've also asked, and I never got the stinkeye, usually get a smile. It's how you ask.

Everything Spot has done is nothing more than a PR move. They don't care about the team or their families.
First of all the $2 an hour they are giving the team, they already had that budgeted for this year anyway with the commitment to $15 by the end of 2020. So that's nothing above and beyond.

Then they are acting like the bonus they are giving leaders is because of the virus or some type of hazard pay, we have know about that for a year, again nothing above and beyond.

Then this newest BS about limiting the number of guests in the store. Our stores number is no more than 388 guests. Our transactions per day has been at 1,000 or so. I guarantee we will never hit that number. In fact we've been told not to even bother keeping track.

My store has been making sales every day. I still see so many people shopping for non essentials, people coming in with their entire family to shop for home decor, toys etc.

If you are going to keep the entire store open, help the people who are coming in every day and risking their health and step up! Limit the amount of guests to 50 or so, and only one person per family.

My wife and children have not left the house for over 2 weeks and it is basically pointless because I can bring it home any day. Everyone needs to sacrifice and I am by risking the health of those I love. I don't think it's too much for Spot to take more extreme measures.

Everything Spot has done is nothing more than a PR move. They don't care about the team or their families.
First of all the $2 an hour they are giving the team, they already had that budgeted for this year anyway with the commitment to $15 by the end of 2020. So that's nothing above and beyond.

Then they are acting like the bonus they are giving leaders is because of the virus or some type of hazard pay, we have know about that for a year, again nothing above and beyond.

Then this newest BS about limiting the number of guests in the store. Our stores number is no more than 388 guests. Our transactions per day has been at 1,000 or so. I guarantee we will never hit that number. In fact we've been told not to even bother keeping track.

My store has been making sales every day. I still see so many people shopping for non essentials, people coming in with their entire family to shop for home decor, toys etc.

If you are going to keep the entire store open, help the people who are coming in every day and risking their health and step up! Limit the amount of guests to 50 or so, and only one person per family.

My wife and children have not left the house for over 2 weeks and it is basically pointless because I can bring it home any day. Everyone needs to sacrifice and I am by risking the health of those I love. I don't think it's too much for Spot to take more extreme measures.
They're already limiting guests, they're paying $2 more per hour, and adding hours for deep cleaning. Not sure what else you want them to do. And sneeze guards are coming.

They're already limiting guests, they're paying $2 more per hour, and adding hours for deep cleaning. Not sure what else you want them to do. And sneeze guards are coming.

You obviously didn't read my post. The $2 is BS, the team members were getting that anyways, they had that in their budget/plans.

If you think they are limiting guests you are wrong. I am not sure my store would ever reach the threshold even at Christmas, think about how busy and congested your store is at Christmas time and think that might not even be enough people to limit.

The cleaning procedures, which I didn't even touch on are a joke as well. You think that every ship from store cart, uboat, item and shelf in the entire store is being cleaned between each use?!? You are wrong.

I really like the 1 person per family shopping !
it’s infurriating to see a family of 5 - with infants ! No reason why 1 of those parents could have stayed home with the brood while the other went out alone !
Or group of teens, gaggle of women - really people ! You can NOT remain social distant with 4/5/6 in the car !

SINGLE shopper rule, please.

You obviously didn't read my post. The $2 is BS, the team members were getting that anyways, they had that in their budget/plans.

The part that people are forgetting is that not every TM/Leader would be getting the normal $2 raise this year. If you are already making $15, you would normally not get the $2. So it is definitely something that is helpful during this time, even though it was in the budget.

Target is not really doing anything more than other retailers. Many companies have bumped pay, limited guests much more restrictively, enacted social distancing, and everyone is cleaning. We are not leading the crowd, we are following. Target is doing what they have to do or risk looking like they don't care.

Non-essential areas should be shut down, full stop.

The 30 days paid LOA is a good thing, so credit for that. I don't think everyone else is doing that, though some companies are, I'm sure.

The part that people are forgetting is that not every TM/Leader would be getting the normal $2 raise this year. If you are already making $15, you would normally not get the $2. So it is definitely something that is helpful during this time, even though it was in the budget.

Not many team members are making 15 or more especially since they have been adding $1 to base pay for the last few years. I think at my store we have had 2 team members who were not impacted by the raise in base pay. So you are right about that but that is by far the minority of team members.

I am a leader and you are right the extra $2 is nice, but it is temporary and it isn't the same that other retailers are doing.

I have seen of retailers doing the $2 hazard pay plus a weekly bonus of $100 also including 80 free vacation hours for FT and 40 free vacation hours for PT, if not used by the end of the year, they are paid out.

My major gripe is that Spot isn't losing out as much as alot of other retailers and it seems like they are doing the bare minimum if that for their team and I think they are making the things they had already planned on doing seem like they are doing because of the pandemic, in actuality they were planning on it all along.

Not many team members are making 15 or more especially since they have been adding $1 to base pay for the last few years. I think at my store we have had 2 team members who were not impacted by the raise in base pay. So you are right about that but that is by far the minority of team members.

I am a leader and you are right the extra $2 is nice, but it is temporary and it isn't the same that other retailers are doing.

I have seen of retailers doing the $2 hazard pay plus a weekly bonus of $100 also including 80 free vacation hours for FT and 40 free vacation hours for PT, if not used by the end of the year, they are paid out.

My major gripe is that Spot isn't losing out as much as alot of other retailers and it seems like they are doing the bare minimum if that for their team and I think they are making the things they had already planned on doing seem like they are doing because of the pandemic, in actuality they were planning on it all along.

At the end of the day there is only so much Target can do vs what the government needs to enforce. However, do not be fooled, Target doesn't actually care about its team in the slightest. There may be some store leadership teams that do, but your district level and above (all the way to the CEO) are doing what they have to so that they can keep making money. That means keeping people working because everything flies off the shelves, which means giving them "hazard pay" so that TMs want to work more. Whenever the sales drop out (whether at the peak of the virus or whenever we get through this) these same TMs that they talked about being proud of having will be working 10-15 hours a week.

I really "like" the news reports that Target is closing on Easter Sunday to give team members a much needed break. Target is closed on the two major Christian holidays every year. This is not news, but it is great PR. My guess is that SFS will be given the option to work that day.

Does anyone have an actual date we can see masks in stores. I know it might be up to two weeks like the web site says if you read the full details. The way it is posted though it sounds like they are providing team members gloves and masks since 4/3. Is there an official date or is it up to stores to fend for themselves since I guess masks might be hard to get in any large quantity. It does not help that I am in a state that has not been hard hit so not everyone is taking this seriously yet. At least half the guests I saw today were wearing masks.

If inbound/price change/some OPU/SfS goes overnight, I'd best be getting even more extra pay for having to work front-end when I'm not being given the choice and so many others are.

I will say in the last two weeks I was in a local Target, and also one of my local supermarkets and I was more impressed with Spot. While the supermarket was ahead of Spot in getting the plexiglass, and I don't know if all locations are on the same page with this, Target was more on top of their SCO game. The team was fully cleaning every open register before calling the next guest available to it. The supermarket seemed to be more business as usual with people just going right to the next one once it opened. And of course Spot also had the floor markers every six feet outside of SCO.

Does anyone have an actual date we can see masks in stores. I know it might be up to two weeks like the web site says if you read the full details. The way it is posted though it sounds like they are providing team members gloves and masks since 4/3. Is there an official date or is it up to stores to fend for themselves since I guess masks might be hard to get in any large quantity. It does not help that I am in a state that has not been hard hit so not everyone is taking this seriously yet. At least half the guests I saw today were wearing masks.
SD told us today priority would be given to hardest-hit areas; we aren't scheduled to get ours for 2-3 weeks. Based on that answer, it appears to depend on where you are.

A friend made four washable masks for me; I'm using them.

Classic Target, fixing the barn door after the horses have already run out.

Question for the active workers. 8am to 9am, is that elderly/immune compromised every day or only certain days?

SD told us today priority would be given to hardest-hit areas; we aren't scheduled to get ours for 2-3 weeks. Based on that answer, it appears to depend on where you are.

A friend made four washable masks for me; I'm using them.

Figures.....watching the nightly news with the coronavirus updates this is supposed to peak in 2 weeks. A mask by then would still be nice but who knows what will happen in that time. If I had a medical issue or was old enough I would definitely take the 30 day LOA. I have a friend out east that is in the hospital from this stuff, I will just wear my own mask.

Correct. Other than for first-time seasonals who come in at $14/hour, just about anybody working at Target in the Seattle area already makes over $15. When these minimum wage bumps occur, they don't give out a $2/hour bump to everybody, so newbies coming in off the street with zero experience often earn what a highly-experienced TM pulls in.

Back