COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Brian Cornell sent this email out yesterday. Apparently he's giving us more hours now.

-----
A Note to Our Guests About the Coronavirus from CEO Brian Cornell
Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe.

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority, too.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, and we know this is more important than ever right now. On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous. This means more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families.

Brian Cornell

For the latest updates on our response to coronavirus, go to corporate.target.com.
This letter has been posted already, in the this thread.

Was asked if I wanted to be the dedicated cleaning TM. My hours jumped from 15 to 35 and I literally spend my entire shift wiping stuff down over and over. Can’t do guest first, can’t do anything but clean. This is the best thing that’s ever happened to me
I am very glad you are willing to do this. I would have refused. I wouldn’t want to touch EVERY surface ......continuously.....for hours. I know I am in the store too but I am only touching what I need to - not everywhere. Really increasing exposure if you ask me. Wear gloves. Don’t touch your face. Hope the germs can’t be transmitted air borne. Good luck. I hope our cleaning tm’s aren’t our first ones to contract.

Does it matter?

1. Healthy people running out and grabbing all masks can cause a shortage among health care workers who are working with ill patients, endangering them. Kinda like helium for balloons.
2. They really don't do anything, touching a contaminated surface is a far, far more likely way of getting COVID-19.
3. There are gaps that can funnel the virus towards your eyes and down the tear ducts into your nose and throat, if you should be unlucky enough to walk into a cloud.
4. If you catch COVID-19 with your mask, are you trained to remove it in a way that doesn't contaminate your hands and face?

Really the only thing masks are good for is if you have the virus already, it catches the water droplets when you cough. But by the time you know you had the virus, you were likely walking around with it for 5 days without any symptoms.

My store must have gotten a flood of flex hours in. Got a call from my ETL this morning asking if I was OK with her making immediate, emergency coronavirus related changes to my schedule. Essentially, I'm going back to my Quarter 4 scheduled times, which means that there are hours available to schedule other people to work mids in fulfillment.

Was asked if I wanted to be the dedicated cleaning TM. My hours jumped from 15 to 35 and I literally spend my entire shift wiping stuff down over and over. Can’t do guest first, can’t do anything but clean. This is the best thing that’s ever happened to me
I snatched one for Monday and honestly? I’m living for it.

Copying over a post from another thread... please make sure that whatever you're using to clean, at work or at home, you pay attention to the directions for sanitizing. Whatever surface you're cleaning has to stay wet for a certain amount of time in order to actually sanitize (kill everything possible on the surface). The Ecolab multi-surface spray takes 5 minutes. Wipes should say in the instructions but definitely a few minutes at least. So you'll have to go through a few wipes to keep the surface wet that long. I've been using alcohol wipes for things like myDevice screens between order signatures or the Switch demos in Tech. I believe alcohol is 10-20 seconds. Oh, and the white/green bottles of TB disinfectant say 2 minutes, at least for "SARS associated coronaviruses".

This virus could potentially shut entire stores down. Think about it. If one team member gets it, wouldn't all team members have to self quarantine?
Target team member in Kentucky tested positive. They completely sanitized the store and are continuing to run it. Target NEVER closes stores.
As for Team member, they can always borrow from other stores. Target will absolutely not close a store for this. We may be making big money today but it is going to be at the expense of sales tommorow.

I came in at noon. My city has one potential case of Coronavirus & the panic has amped up another level. We are out of everything at this point. People are losing what little bit of their minds they had left. We do have a cleaning team & they are going above & beyond. SUPER BUSY; constant backup calls.

Yeah the ETL who called and offered them to me gave them to someone else and a TL texted me to tell me about it. I’m trying to not be petty about it but fuck. I only get 22/week and she’s going to play favorites? I’m going to be on the struggle bus for a while today..
Follow up to this. I partnered with my ETL and vented my frustrations and anger (in an appropriate way) and they were very sympathetic and felt bad I didn’t get the hours. But I did add 3 more hours this week, 7 hours next week, and 16 hours on top of my usual 22 on the two week out. I have a voice and I used it.

I have tickets for a 14 day cruise from Portland, Or to Alaska. 2 tickets valued at $5600 they're yours for 2 grand. Any takers?

I don’t want to start any exodus of rats leaving the ship, but I will say this : WHEN a person is tested positive in my town - I am using ALL my sick and vacation time to stay home; WHEN a tm is tested positive in my STORE - I will stay home WITHOUT pay as long as a LOA will allow to save my job placement. I’m not risking the pain of not breathing and full body aches to sell stuff for someone else’s profit - Sorry Tarjay - putting me first With this one - this ain’t no run of the mill cold, not even comparable to any flu I’ve ever had.
Leadership BETTER be HONEST and forthcoming with THAT information !

im getting ready is this Target approved if i wear my name badge on the outside ???

p_1001105351.jpg

Hmm, I like, cheap too. Maybe dye it red ? unfortunately though, we were told no masks. No one said anything about gloves though.

Seriously, has anyone else considered wearing disposable gloves throughout the day ? My husband has a box in the garage he uses when he changes the oil in the vehicles. I’m thinking about grabbing a few pairs out of the box to bring to work. Do you think it would be allowed ? Actually, there has Always been at least 2 tm that wear them a lot -they have been for years - no one ever stopped them. I always thought it was to save their manicures.

Hmm, I like, cheap too. Maybe dye it red ? unfortunately though, we were told no masks. No one said anything about gloves though.

Seriously, has anyone else considered wearing disposable gloves throughout the day ? My husband has a box in the garage he uses when he changes the oil in the vehicles. I’m thinking about grabbing a few pairs out of the box to bring to work. Do you think it would be allowed ? Actually, there has Always been at least 2 tm that wear them a lot -they have been for years - no one ever stopped them. I always thought it was to save their manicures.
You can wear gloves.

The virus has now spread to my area and I’m beginning to get very worried and stressed out about it. I work at the Starbucks in my store so I get a lot of different people. I literally just started yesterday, and more people near me have come down with it. I’m getting scared and I’m starting to not want to go back to work. I don’t know what to do.

Back