COVID-19 Coronavirus...

The virus has now spread to my area and I’m beginning to get very worried and stressed out about it. I work at the Starbucks in my store so I get a lot of different people. I literally just started yesterday, and more people near me have come down with it. I’m getting scared and I’m starting to not want to go back to work. I don’t know what to do.
Stay calm. Ask your tl. Wash your hands for 20 seconds. If you are sick, stay home.

What are the chances that stores will close down? Like is that a possibility at all? What about the cafe areas/starbucks? I can't imagine anyone wanting food or drink from a place where there's a lot of traffic like Target..

The low-key panic of last week shifted today to the same level we see at the beginning of December. Lots of people in the store buying whatever cleaning supplies/paper products we do have in stock and food. OPUs were insane. Missed goals every few seconds this morning and this afternoon orders were being picked that were hours past goal. Hours are being given out like free money in a wind tunnel, including OT. And all I can keep thinking is, "what goes up, must come down."

My State has two SUSPECTED cases. We aren’t at an overwhelming threat yet, zero deaths. But today we had all of our toilet paper obliterated. I was up front helping and just seeing what people were buying and screening calls for guests asking about our inventory had me settling into a herd mentality paranoia. I pulled my etl aside a few times and talked to them about what I was seeing and how it was making me feel and how I knew that it was crazy but it was still overshadowing my rational thinking. I’m so glad I’m off the next three days, I need the time to rebalance myself.

Hmm, I like, cheap too. Maybe dye it red ? unfortunately though, we were told no masks. No one said anything about gloves though.

Seriously, has anyone else considered wearing disposable gloves throughout the day ? My husband has a box in the garage he uses when he changes the oil in the vehicles. I’m thinking about grabbing a few pairs out of the box to bring to work. Do you think it would be allowed ? Actually, there has Always been at least 2 tm that wear them a lot -they have been for years - no one ever stopped them. I always thought it was to save their manicures.
I have a few tms that always wear gloves during their fitting room rotations, I don't blame them - it's swim suit season too!

The low-key panic of last week shifted today to the same level we see at the beginning of December. Lots of people in the store buying whatever cleaning supplies/paper products we do have in stock and food. OPUs were insane. Missed goals every few seconds this morning and this afternoon orders were being picked that were hours past goal. Hours are being given out like free money in a wind tunnel, including OT. And all I can keep thinking is, "what goes up, must come down."

Hmm... wonder if that will trickle our way.

I wish people would become educated. It’s really not that bad and it’s being over exaggerated thanks to the media.
Unfortunately it is that bad, especially if you have older family members. I live with my parents and both have a cough right now but feel fine in general. They are 67 and 69. I was super sick Monday night feeling like I would die, but I only had fever and runny nose. I live in the valley of LA and my work is literally a petri dish for this thing. I feel better now and plan to go into work tomorrow because I could get fired if I don't, but if my parents get sick, I will call out indefinitely to take care of them. They are the most important thing to me in the world, way more important than Target. I might talk to my leaders tomorrow about this. Stay safe everyone.

ETL tells us at huddle "don't call out if you are sick."

Honestly, I would hotline that shit. That's the stuff lawsuits are made of if a TM comes in and spreads the virus to other TMs and guests.

I don't think Targets will close in the big, at least not ones with grocery. Montgomery County, PA is ordering non-essential retailers close, but grocery stores are deemed essential.

I wish people would become educated. It’s really not that bad and it’s being over exaggerated thanks to the media.

And yet, you show your lack of education with this statement. As others have noted, it really is that bad, given it's not something our immune systems have encountered before, high rates of cases requiring hospitalization and resources we don't have in great enough numbers to handle the forecasts, high mortality rate among older/vulnerable population and high rate of spread.

Honestly, I would hotline that shit. That's the stuff lawsuits are made of if a TM comes in and spreads the virus to other TMs and guests.

I don't think Targets will close in the big, at least not ones with grocery. Montgomery County, PA is ordering non-essential retailers close, but grocery stores are deemed essential.

And yet, you show your lack of education with this statement. As others have noted, it really is that bad, given it's not something our immune systems have encountered before, high rates of cases requiring hospitalization and resources we don't have in great enough numbers to handle the forecasts, high mortality rate among older/vulnerable population and high rate of spread.

It’s really not bad, at all. Keep believing what the media feeds you though snowflake.

I
It is a big deal. Too many infected at the same time will bombard our hospitals. Soon there won't be enough beds in ICU or enough ventilators. People will die because of this. We need to slow the rate of transmission. We don't have to panic but we all have to do our part to prevent transmission.

Here’s some numbers for all you uneducated snowflakes who believe what the media tells you..

Fatality rates among virus
Ebola: 50%
MERS: 34.4%
Smallpox: 30%
SARS: 9.6%
Coronavirus: 3.4%

That’s right! A whopping 3.4%! Such a pandemic!!

oMg WeRe AlL gOnNa DiE
Please feel free to volunteer in a hot zone by all means.

Here’s some numbers for all you uneducated snowflakes who believe what the media tells you..

Fatality rates among virus
Ebola: 50%
MERS: 34.4%
Smallpox: 30%
SARS: 9.6%
Coronavirus: 3.4%

That’s right! A whopping 3.4%! Such a pandemic!!

oMg WeRe AlL gOnNa DiE
So here’s the issue, the rest of those viruses are a lot less contagious. Coronavirus is a lot more contagious than the flu.

Let’s look at Swine Flu. That infected about 60 million Americans in 2009-2010, or about 20% of the US population. Let’s say Coronavirus also infects 20% of the population, which is actually well below estimates. There’s about 350 million Americans today, so that would be about 70 million infections.

Assuming the death rate stays at 3.4%, we’d be talking 2,380,000 American deaths.

Here’s a number that caught my attention :

two weeks ago all of Italy had 159 cases. Today there have been over 1,000 deaths and over 15,000 cases.

Yesterday Massachusetts had 12 confirmed cases - there was a conference of 175 executives from all over the country in Boston - 80 new cases linked to that one conference - exponential spread could lead to scary numbers.

remember the old shampoo commercial: she tells 2 people, they tell 2 people.........
Spreads fast /no vaccine available - not a good combination.

Never seen my store look like this before.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_214602334.jpg
    IMG_20200312_214602334.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20200312_214542257.jpg
    IMG_20200312_214542257.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200312_214621545.jpg
    IMG_20200312_214621545.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200312_214607572.jpg
    IMG_20200312_214607572.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200312_214613829.jpg
    IMG_20200312_214613829.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
Its fatality rate is under that 3.4%. Guaranteed. How much below that is debatable. I'd estimate 1-1.5%. The cruise boat near Japan had 6 deaths and 700+ confirmed cases. A 0.98% fatality rate. Everywhere else appears to have a much higher rate because there are many more actual cases than there are confirmed cases.

It's still deadly, and very contagious, but most speculated mortality rates are wrong due to there being unknown cases.

Last edited:
Never seen my store look like this before.
Not only do our paper aisles look like that but our cleaning supplies and health care aisles also. Essential sales were up but now that there is less to buy they will be flat lining.

p.s. I have to check my signing area for that cool Flamingo endcap sign

Back