COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Same here. I asked if Target had communicated anything to stores and our closing TL said they had not.

I poked into the coronavirus hub page, but it seemed more focused on corporate and generics, not so much on "hey, here's what we're doing to protect those in contact with the unwashed masses."

Comforting.
I have to be honest, I checked out the coronavirus page while I was requesting vacation pay for my trip and you're right, it didn't seem to have specific information or tips to combat it. I've already told my ETL-HR that I will be going to Japan next week (a trip that I planned in January) but they haven't told me anything about precautions or staying home after I return.

Ok....just a simple question here. Is this affecting the stock market or....our 401k? I noticed they change the layout on the site and its not showing me the grid of plummet I am interpreting from it? I also recieved an email from BCU (i have target credit union run by Baxter Credit Union) regarding my financial security and health of the credit union during this coronavirus pandemic. Does this mean people are taking out their money?

I don't have a Target 401K, but my 401K through my other company is sad. So very very sad.

All team huddle at 6:15am mid week last week. Hey ya'll with the corona virus we have been selling though things really fast, so Sunday/Monday we are taking a double any volunteers? Yeah!!!! Sales!!!!! We did 250K on Saturday the 29th and another 190K on the 1st. (that kind of sales is insane, we are 150-170K type of Saturday store).

That was our corona virus meeting and prep.. Nothing else has been mentioned..

In the Seattle area, people aren't joking about the concerns. Our store, like others around Seattle, is pretty damned close to Kirkland, where 11 of the 14 CV deaths in the US have occurred. A couple of school districts have closed all their schools. Seattle-area conventions, conferences, church services, concerts and so forth are being canceled. This is largely out of caution, though there is a fear factor as well. It's possible that this writer, as well as my other teammates, have been exposed to CV from guests even though we might not actually develop the illness. (I would guess that very, very few folks being exposed will become afflicted, but who knows???) My purpose is not to create panic but to mention the risks.

Watch this video interview of well-known business journalist Maria Bartiromo about CV: Bartiromo warns investors about coronavirus

hey neighbor I am in a store super close to Kirkland.. You are probably seeing the insanity that I am seeing.. But yeah this just ramping up..

The corporate whores in Mn. don't give a flying fuck about team members, just sell and push faster and kiss ass. It is YOUR responsibility to take care of your health and don't forget it.
Hey easy there, it all comes down to whether your individual store’s leadership cares enough or not. Mine’s been great, they’ve ordered more boxes of gloves, bottles of Purell, and made it clear that if we’re feeling sick we shouldn’t be afraid to call out and use our sick hours.

I guess it also depends on how big of an issue it is in your area atm, the county I work in now has 70 cases of COVID-19

Hey easy there, it all comes down to whether your individual store’s leadership cares enough or not. Mine’s been great, they’ve ordered more boxes of gloves, bottles of Purell, and made it clear that if we’re feeling sick we shouldn’t be afraid to call out and use our sick hours. I guess it also depends on how big of an issue it is in your area atm, the county I work in now has 70 cases of COVID-19
Attendance at Seattle area sports events has dropped sharply, and as I mentioned many conferences and large meetings have been canceled. Smaller crowd for Seattle’s 1st major event since outbreak

I have to be honest, I checked out the coronavirus page while I was requesting vacation pay for my trip and you're right, it didn't seem to have specific information or tips to combat it. I've already told my ETL-HR that I will be going to Japan next week (a trip that I planned in January) but they haven't told me anything about precautions or staying home after I return.
I imagine you have received a lot of unsolicited advice (not necessarily from Target) about not traveling overseas right now. Not a good situation to contemplate. Best wishes for you.

I imagine you have received a lot of unsolicited advice (not necessarily from Target) about not traveling overseas right now. Not a good situation to contemplate. Best wishes for you.
Yeah, I'm definitely uneasy about my trip but I've already prepared with gloves and masks for the time that I will be there. It's unfortunate timing for sure that this outbreak is happening while I was supposed to go to Japan.
I appreciate your thoughts and I'll try my best to enjoy my trip while also staying safe.

Kind surprised this topic hasn't resulted in a... topic.

What are your stores doing for Coronavirus prevention?

I only work a couple days a week, so I haven't been in recently, but I'm feeling a tickle in my throat, and I know if I show up and cough/sneeze, guests (and team members) are gonna feel uncomfortable.

It should probably go without saying that I live in... an area where Coronavirus is potent and driving national news.

What's happening at your stores? I imagine management would be all right with call outs, since, they don't want to be known as the store that's ground zero for Coronavirus... but, also, since my area is an area where doomsday preppers are prepping for doomsday, seems like it might be an awkward convo.

(I am planning on calling out when I'm scheduled on Sunday)
We were told this past Saturday to wash our hands more often than not at the grocery store I work at. We also were told to clean/sanitize our produce carts at least every four hours. Lastly, we were told to clean/sanitize all other touch surfaces including, but not limited to doors. That being said I still ended up with Strep and will miss two days of work in addition to the day I all ready had off.

Our store should be okay with me calling out, as I had an excuse for at least one of the two days and I am sure I can get another for tomorrow if need be. If there are problems with management at my store I will turn the matter to our union rep and let him/her have a nice conversation with our store director.

Be safe, stay well, but don't go crazy.

put sanitizing wipes in equipment room advising tms to wipe down equipment,
Why? We've done this for a long time, pretty much every cold & flu season, but it doesn't make sense to me. Do we wipe down everything else in the store? Like u-boats, the parts we have to touch on the baler, pallet jack handles, etc.? All the stock we handle? Cash registers between every transaction? Of course not. And there'd be little point because as soon as I touch something that anyone else has touched, there's the potential for exposure to someone else's germs. I don't put my mouth on the walkie when I talk into it. I keep my hands away from my face unless I've just washed them. And I wash my hands kind of a lot, with soap and water, not hand sanitizer, because it's the smart thing to do even without a new disease floating around.
Is this affecting the stock market or....our 401k?
Sure, but anyone who has stocks needs to take the long view (at least 10 years, more likely longer). Don't panic; just let it ride and it'll shake itself out. If you're on the verge of retirement, stocks probably isn't where you want the largest part of your 401(k) portfolio anyway; should be in something less volatile at that point.

Last edited:
I built an immunity because of Target. Only allergy flare ups and sinus infections. I never took the flu shot in my 9 years at Target. Only called out for a 101 temp and Worker Comp surgery.

Here is what is happening in my store.....

Sanitary donuts and breakroom isolation.View attachment 9800View attachment 9801

My kids were pretty bummed yesterday when they couldn't get donuts because of this. They like to see all their options before deciding. It makes sense to pull them though despite the inconvenience. But I'm guessing donut sales are down because people don't want the added hassle of getting them; I certainly didn't.

N
Why? We've done this for a long time, pretty much every cold & flu season, but it doesn't make sense to me. Do we wipe down everything else in the store? Like u-boats, the parts we have to touch on the baler, pallet jack handles, etc.? All the stock we handle? Cash registers between every transaction? Of course not. And there'd be little point because as soon as I touch something that anyone else has touched, there's the potential for exposure to someone else's germs. I don't put my mouth on the walkie when I talk into it. I keep my hands away from my face unless I've just washed them. And I wash my hands kind of a lot, with soap and water, not hand sanitizer, because it's the smart thing to do even without a new disease floating around.

Sure, but anyone who has stocks needs to take the long view (at least 10 years, more likely longer). Don't panic; just let it ride and it'll shake itself out. If you're on the verge of retirement, stocks probably isn't where you want the largest part of your 401(k) portfolio anyway; should be in something less volatile at that point.
Not to mention all the walkies and MyDevices being used.

Back