COVID-19 Coronavirus...

I was talking to my TL about that. She thinks there will be no understanding or perspective. She worked at a store near the I35W bridge that collapsed, and their sales dropped because nobody could get to them. The next year they were downgraded so they lost overnight freight (this was before everyone did) and hours changed and whatever all happens when you get downgraded, but of course their sales went right back up again when the new bridge opened. It was...not fun. I've no doubt SDs all over will be under scrutiny this time next year as to why sales are half what they were the previous year.

I was talking to my TL about that. She thinks there will be no understanding or perspective. She worked at a store near the I35W bridge that collapsed, and their sales dropped because nobody could get to them. The next year they were downgraded so they lost overnight freight (this was before everyone did) and hours changed and whatever all happens when you get downgraded, but of course their sales went right back up again when the new bridge opened. It was...not fun. I've no doubt SDs all over will be under scrutiny this time next year as to why sales are half what they were the previous year.
I'm in OTC... comping over 200%. I can't even imagine the implications of this.

And how much toilet paper and cleaning supplies will be sent to stores next year these dates, that cannot possibly be sold at that quantity without a major disaster and will instead need backstocking.

I think they need to re-evaluate the team member purchasing guidelines in my area. We have to make sure the items is on the shelf for the guest and wait at least 15 mins after opening time. So overnight TMs have no chance. Also the shelves is whipped 10 mins after opening. So team members have no chance, yet if they get sick it’s call out city and no one showing up.

At least let it be one per team member or something. Or I don’t know provide TMs with free hand sanitizer etc.
I agree with this 100%.

That's just stupid! For one, corporate is about 10 minutes away from that bridge and that store is one of their favorites as it gets to test out a lot things because they are so close. To completely overlook the extenuating circumstances and only view it from a numbers standpoint is insulting.

The BBC had a show on Covid#19 as I was driving to work. They had an epidemiologist on who said that, so far, 30% of children are testing positive for the virus, but are asymptomatic, and never develop symptoms. With schools closed in my area, I can't wait for the bored Karens to bring in their hyperactive, spewing spawn in and have them touching everything in sight.

3sonio.jpg

At work, professional sales environment, we are now greeting people with elbow bumps. A little awkward right now, but it seems more friendly than a traditional handshake. I wonder how long before (if ever) we go back to the traditional handshake.

Elbow bump? Oh, please....a greeting with a smile, a comical salutation, a friendly "it's nice to see/meet you". Far more professional than a silly elbow bump. Envision this: you're in the examination room waiting for your doctor. He/she does the required couple of knocks and enters then extends his/her elbow!

Anyone else dealing with their grade school children's schools closing? What are your plans with Target? My availability was 6-3 during the week. I'm thinking about telling them I'm only available during the weekend. I just found out last night about school closing.... I'm dreading calling them today.

Odd thoughts:
Makes me wonder if we have enough tm’s to keep a store open if all parents call out.
Also, How high do the spread numbers have to get before Target closes stores ? After all, Disney World is much larger and they closed.
I heard no gathering of 250 people or more is allowed - must be cancelled. At any given time don’t we have more than 250 pole within the store ?
Would it do any good to limit the number of people entering the store at any given time ? What difference would it make if they enter later anyway ?
Will the time come when temperatures are taken before entry is allowed ?

Brian told the nation he will keep stores open. What time is his shift ?

Anyone else dealing with their grade school children's schools closing? What are your plans with Target? My availability was 6-3 during the week. I'm thinking about telling them I'm only available during the weekend. I just found out last night about school closing.... I'm dreading calling them today.

MN just closed all schools starting Wed through March 27 for contingency planning. Luckily my husband can work from home a few days and we have both sets of grandparents close to help out. If the schools stay closed longer, then we will have to reassess.

I told my etl on Friday that they need to start running OT up the flagpole. I have 3/4 of my regular closing team members in Style sick this week. One confirmed regular flu, probably gave it to the others. My mid shift people have been staying longer when they can to help, but they'll start hitting max hours. At what point do healthy team members/team leaders get OT approved to keep the store running when we have mass callouts/parents who have no childcare solutions?

Elbow bump? Oh, please....a greeting with a smile, a comical salutation, a friendly "it's nice to see/meet you". Far more professional than a silly elbow bump. Envision this: you're in the examination room waiting for your doctor. He/she does the required couple of knocks and enters then extends his/her elbow!
I would think the doctor is being more cautious than usual about sanitation and I don't have to worry about who he shook hands with last. Besides, when was the last time a doctor offered to shake hands? Or any medical professional? Hands off is the trend, keeps from passing unseen germs.

One way or the other a lot of people will be unavailable in the next 60 plus days. I wonder what August will look like.

I told my etl on Friday that they need to start running OT up the flagpole. I have 3/4 of my regular closing team members in Style sick this week. One confirmed regular flu, probably gave it to the others. My mid shift people have been staying longer when they can to help, but they'll start hitting max hours. At what point do healthy team members/team leaders get OT approved to keep the store running when we have mass callouts/parents who have no childcare solutions?
We started Friday. Ask your DSD.

HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE. When I worked at Target it was a hard NO to have a beverage on the floor at my store, I’m leaving this here, as it explains the possible benefits of drinking water every 15 minutes. Take care, and thanks for all your efforts
View attachment 9847
This is not true. Please remove and stop spreading this information.

Back