COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Has anyone’s store had a team member with a confirmed case? How was that handled?
Just found out there are two confirmed cases at my store. I'm on leave so did not hear about the first one but the second one was just announced and I found out from coworkers. No idea how they are handling it though.

do they only tell the people who were in direct contact? they called me up to tell me about it 1 on 1 , but they also called up a bunch of other people in various departments so i couldnt tell if it was everyone or certain people

They called everyone at the store to tell us about the "presumptive" positive, but either I wasn't someone who worked with the person or they didn't give anyone more detailed info.

They called us all on Friday, and did say the person last was "in the building" on Thursday and they were cleaning per recommendations, etc. etc.

They called everyone at the store to tell us about the "presumptive" positive, but either I wasn't someone who worked with the person or they didn't give anyone more detailed info.

They called us all on Friday, and did say the person last was "in the building" on Thursday and they were cleaning per recommendations, etc. etc.
They pretty much did the same thing for us. We had our first confirmed case a few days ago, so being that I live with elderly people, I haven’t shown up to work since. I heard from another team member that we can take two weeks of unpaid leave off at my store, but I haven’t been able to confirm it yet.

I know the thread is long, but I suggest reading through it. If you are wondering if your store will close, it won't.
No lol we actually had a team member test positive and I just personally don’t feel comfortable coming into work for a week or two. I heard from other team members at my store, that we can take two weeks of unpaid leave, so I was wondering if anyone else’s store had a similar policy.

No lol we actually had a team member test positive and I just personally don’t feel comfortable coming into work for a week or two. I heard from other team members at my store, that we can take two weeks of unpaid leave, so I was wondering if anyone else’s store had a similar policy.
that is true, at least that's what my stl told me when he was telling me about the positive case.

I'm honestly not that concerned about a TM testing positive, unless it was someone I worked in direct contact with. Since I close on the sales floor, I don't really work directly with anyone, but I don't know how much proximity anyone except the GSTMs have to each other. Do they have multiple people working single vehicles on freight these days? If so, that should maybe stop for the time being.

All indications show that surfaces aren't a major vector for transmission, particularly in a store the size of Target, and odds are very good there are positive guests in the store every day, and I don't see a TM testing positive being much different.

I'm honestly not that concerned about a TM testing positive, unless it was someone I worked in direct contact with. Since I close on the sales floor, I don't really work directly with anyone, but I don't know how much proximity anyone except the GSTMs have to each other. Do they have multiple people working single vehicles on freight these days? If so, that should maybe stop for the time being.

All indications show that surfaces aren't a major vector for transmission, particularly in a store the size of Target, and odds are very good there are positive guests in the store every day, and I don't see a TM testing positive being much different.
There are too many areas where TMs cluster, the main ones being the time clock and equipment room. During my last week there before I went on leave, they had at least taped off the floor and were only allowing one TM at a time in the room, but those measures were hit and miss. Guest Services is of course another bad area, I had to wait and back off many times while trying to get reshop to allow all the people congregating back there to clear out.

Okay, so you have TM 0. The human race lucked out, the virus is transmitted by droplets rather than by aerosol, so it stays in the air only a few seconds before splattering on all nearby surfaces and contact with surfaces are how most people get infected. (Read up on measles if you want to know more about aerosol transmission. Nasty.) TM 0 drops stuff in locker, clocks in and grabs equipment. That's 3-5 days. TM 0 goes to the bathroom, touches the exterior door handle. Possibly TM 0 touched their face at some point during the time they were washing their hands, to fix the fit of the mask after looking down, so possibly touching the interior door handle. 3-5 days. Breaktime, TM 0 grabs stuff out of locker, removes mask and eats. Any surface within 6 feet of TM 0's mouth is going to end up covered in viral laden droplets, since the water vapor you breathe out carries the virus. So fun time in the breakroom. Possibly washing hands again, possible fixing of mask. Touching the locker again. While bending all around in the course of duties, air going out of any gaps in the sides of the mask have droplets. Turning in equipment, grabbing items out of locker, and leaving.

Even wiping on the hour every hour, there's still time for someone else to touch the exterior and interior bathroom door handle, touch items in the breakroom that were within 6 feet of TM 0's mouth, working in the same area that TM 0 worked that resulted in exertion and body contortion and possibly allowing droplets to escape, interior of the locker, and lots of other surfaces inbetween.

So that's where TM 1 and 2 come in. They touched something shortly after TM 0. They get infected while TM 0 is presymptomatic. A couple of days later you get TM 3. The next day TM 0 isn't feeling so hot and wisely stays home, but whoops. During the time that TM 0 is waiting for a test, TM 1 and 2 are now contagious and spreading the love. When TM 0 finally gets a positive diagnosis, TM 1 and 2 have spread their droplets and snared TM 4, 5 and 6. TM 3 is also hitting contagious time.

All because someone touched the inside bathroom door handle or got a cup of water from the breakroom sink or chose a locker before cleaning, or because someone cleaned half assed.

When someone is identified as having COVID-19, it's a safe bet that not only has that person infected others, but those others have hit the contagious period and have infected a third set of people. Only partial containment of the raging fire. Better than none at all, but don't pretend it's 100% containment.

My target is dumb enough to open the Starbucks back up next week when we just had a confirmed cases at the store last week

That is dumb. I don't think Target should open Starbucks any time soon. It will be such a draw to the store. There is 1 starbucks within a half hour of me and their drivethru line is an hour long. I have almost as many people asking when Sbux is going to happen as electronics has people asking about switches. The line would be too long.

That is dumb. I don't think Target should open Starbucks any time soon. It will be such a draw to the store. There is 1 starbucks within a half hour of me and their drivethru line is an hour long. I have almost as many people asking when Sbux is going to happen as electronics has people asking about switches. The line would be too long.
Well people in my state have been protesting to reopen so I can thank them for this I guess

Well people in my state have been protesting to reopen so I can thank them for this I guess

Them and your governor. I suspect the number of cases will rise. I think my governor is planning on reopening things soon.

Apparently Costco is going back to regular hours on May 4th.

Wonder when Target will do the same....because if they do it before the next schedule is out, that could make for a mess. Hopefully (not holding my breath) they give stores some advance notice.

That said, I really like the 9 pm close.

My target is dumb enough to open the Starbucks back up next week when we just had a confirmed cases at the store last week
Strangely, when I shopped at a Fred Meyer a couple of days ago, their Starbucks was open. The chairs and tables were taken away, of course.

Re-opening Starbucks will contribute to Karens coming to browse around, "savor" the Bullseye experience and loiter linger longer in the store as it's a break to get out of the house. Never mind that the store is really only supposed to be open -- at least for states with stay-in-place-at-home orders -- for get-it-and-go "essential" shopping. Oh well, it will jack up the store's profits since the Starbucks addicts spend more on higher-margin merchandise than those relatively-frugal non-Starbucks addicts. Most of us aren't exactly thrilled.

Good luck convincing the fearmongers of that.

Good luck convincing the fearmongers of that.

LOAs went way up at my store, apparently, which I think is kind of eye-rolly. We have thousands of guests in the store a day. Have for 2 months now. More thousands than normal, except in Q4. And yet, one person gets a "presumptive" (not confirmed) positive and y'all suddenly get scared? C'mon, man.

So, we have hours up the wazoo, and nobody to take them, which is awesome. I was the only one in GM tonight. Style had nobody. They called for backup and our closing TL was like, uh, grocery? Can you guys help? Normally grocery never backs up the lanes at my store, but there wasn't really anyone else. GS was a fucking disaster.

Back