COVID-19 Coronavirus...

But now we have over a hundred in the rest US (more in the rest the world) children sick with a toxic shock syndrome similar to Kawasaki disease that appears to related to Covid-19 and it is nasty.
At least six children have officially died from it.
That's true, but children in general are the least affected by the virus. In NYC there have been 577 deaths of people between 18 and 44 years old, and only 7 for 17 and younger.

This makes me worried about opening too soon as well.
If a country like South Korea that did such a good job of controlling the virus by having mass testing available quickly and doing a full lockdown. can have issues where are we going to be?

If a country like South Korea that did such a good job of controlling the virus by having mass testing available quickly and doing a full lockdown. can have issues where are we going to be?

I think that the second wave will be worse than the first. Everyone is so sick of being stuck inside that there might just be a mad rush of people everywhere. More so than before the whole lockdown happened.

States are absolutely opening too soon. My state wants to start a very controlled first wave opening on May 20th. Lots of restrictions, and not all businesses. I just don't see the point.

On a Zoom chat last night my mother-in-law said she was contacted by her nail technician that she would be back in business May 20th and my MIL was excited to make her appointment - until we informed her that the Gov had already changed his mind and declared that nail salons were not going to be part of the first wave. She was disappointed. SMDH.

I agree with @Amity that, while some people (like me) will be in no hurry and no frame of mind to want to venture out into public places all willy-nilly, there will be those who think everything is now fine, or who don't care if everything is fine, and will elbow their way through the restrictions to go back to their "normal" lives. And I just don't think the results are going to be worth it. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. :(

I dont get people. I have unplayed games on Steam bought during sales as far back as 2015, I have two boxes of old game CDs, I have On Demand, I've got a bookshelf of books including The Tao of Pooh that I've been trying to read for nearly 10 years (a book about simply being and a logical outlook to things clash), I've got a multiuser path in one direction and a patch of undeveloped land in the other if I need fresh air, I've got some unfinished craft projects hidden in all the closets, I've got the internet with tons of instructional content, videos and audio books (Information Age), I've got grocery delivery...what more entertainment does a person need? Work, pharmacy, and the occasional grocery trip to get the things grocery delivery can't find is really the only needs to go out. I don't get why people are going crazy. That includes parents, if being with their darlings is so tough how have they survived summer vacation before now?

States are absolutely opening too soon. My state wants to start a very controlled first wave opening on May 20th. Lots of restrictions, and not all businesses. I just don't see the point.

On a Zoom chat last night my mother-in-law said she was contacted by her nail technician that she would be back in business May 20th and my MIL was excited to make her appointment - until we informed her that the Gov had already changed his mind and declared that nail salons were not going to be part of the first wave. She was disappointed. SMDH.

I agree with @Amity that, while some people (like me) will be in no hurry and no frame of mind to want to venture out into public places all willy-nilly, there will be those who think everything is now fine, or who don't care if everything is fine, and will elbow their way through the restrictions to go back to their "normal" lives. And I just don't think the results are going to be worth it. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. :(

Part of me is beginning to hope you're not wrong. Everyday, I see what people are coming into our store to buy and more and more I think these people are too stupid to live. Today, some old guy had to have car air fresheners, "you know, the kind you hang from your rearview mirror?" Really? That's what you came into the store to buy, boomer? Cheap air freshener that smells like ass is worth your life? So be it. E33. They're in E33. Grab the one that looks like a pine tree. I don't know if Trump said it will kill the virus if you eat it, but he might have. Hell, he probably did. He says a lot of stupid shit and it's your right, nay your duty, as a 'Merican to do what he says. And, think of the savings to the country when you die and we don't have to pay your Social Security anymore!

Part of me is beginning to hope you're not wrong. Everyday, I see what people are coming into our store to buy and more and more I think these people are too stupid to live. Today, some old guy had to have car air fresheners, "you know, the kind you hang from your rearview mirror?" Really? That's what you came into the store to buy, boomer? Cheap air freshener that smells like ass is worth your life? So be it. E33. They're in E33. Grab the one that looks like a pine tree. I don't know if Trump said it will kill the virus if you eat it, but he might have. Hell, he probably did. He says a lot of stupid shit and it's your right, nay your duty, as a 'Merican to do what he says. And, think of the savings to the country when you die and we don't have to pay your Social Security anymore!
Wow.

I dont get people. I have unplayed games on Steam bought during sales as far back as 2015, I have two boxes of old game CDs, I have On Demand, I've got a bookshelf of books including The Tao of Pooh that I've been trying to read for nearly 10 years (a book about simply being and a logical outlook to things clash), I've got a multiuser path in one direction and a patch of undeveloped land in the other if I need fresh air, I've got some unfinished craft projects hidden in all the closets, I've got the internet with tons of instructional content, videos and audio books (Information Age), I've got grocery delivery...what more entertainment does a person need? Work, pharmacy, and the occasional grocery trip to get the things grocery delivery can't find is really the only needs to go out. I don't get why people are going crazy. That includes parents, if being with their darlings is so tough how have they survived summer vacation before now?
I agree with this so much. Honestly, my life has not changed that much at all, other than being afraid to go to work because people are too selfish and have no respect for their fellow man. And of course I miss seeing my family, and TJ Maxx. Lawd, do I miss TJ Maxx. 😂

But what really gets me is, I can almost guarantee that some of these same people who are squawking about how they can't stand this isolation have probably said many times how they wish they didn't have to go to work or how they wish they had more personal time to do this or that, or how they wish they had more time to spend with their kids - and now they can't handle a few weeks at home.

I agree with this so much. Honestly, my life has not changed that much at all, other than being afraid to go to work because people are too selfish and have no respect for their fellow man. And of course I miss seeing my family, and TJ Maxx. Lawd, do I miss TJ Maxx. 😂

But what really gets me is, I can almost guarantee that some of these same people who are squawking about how they can't stand this isolation have probably said many times how they wish they didn't have to go to work or how they wish they had more personal time to do this or that, or how they wish they had more time to spend with their kids - and now they can't handle a few weeks at home.

It's basically retiree syndrome. People can't wait to retire and imagine all the things they could do, but they don't do any of it when they actually retire. Instead, they sit around all day watching reruns of game shows. Saying they want to do things doesn't mean they actually want to do them when push comes to shove. Or known in my family why my retired step father has about $50,000 worth of lawn and garden shit in his garage collecting dust.

Something else you have that others apparently don't: resourcefulness.
You can look & see what you HAVE vs the others who can only see what they DON'T have & use it as an excuse to go shop.

It's basically retiree syndrome. People can't wait to retire and imagine all the things they could do, but they don't do any of it when they actually retire. Instead, they sit around all day watching reruns of game shows. Saying they want to do things doesn't mean they actually want to do them when push comes to shove. Or known in my family why my retired step father has about $50,000 worth of lawn and garden shit in his garage collecting dust.
This explains a lot.

I agree with this. My mantra has become I hope you get sick and die. Im literally done with everyone at this point. I. Do. Not. Care. People LITERALLY come in and have said just buy something I dont care what. I. Am. Done.

Yeah, I don't really get it, either. The only things I'm really missing are the gym, with its pool and swimming lessons my kids (especially the youngest) need, and the autism clinic. I don't yet know, and likely won't until school starts again, how much of the work we've done over the last couple of years with my younger son will be undone by all of this. He'd just "graduated" from individual therapies and was so excited to start group therapy. His first day was supposed to be the week after the shit truly started to hit the fan.

But I'm not out putting people's lives in danger by protesting or treating Target and Menards like goddamn playgrounds. Grow up, people. Seriously. My 7 & 11yos get it, so if you can't you're dumber than a second grader. Congratulations.

I kind of get it, as an introvert I will never fully understand their position. But I am in the same boat as you. I've taken many online classes for free that universities are offering right now and have learned a lot. I actually haven't left my property once outside of one time where I had to go to my store to figure things out with my LOA. I've been outside obviously in the backyard to hang out and have my dog get some fresh air. It's weird, I'm not at work but I've never felt more productive. I've finally been able to pursue my own interests with no time constraints for the first time in at least a decade.

I certainly hope you're wrong as well. The predictive graphs show that things are about to get very bad if we re-open too soon. I honestly do want society to reopen, but I want it done at the right time. If we reopen now we'll just have a nasty second wave and be forced to quarantine once again. I will be staying home until this is better understood. This virus is weird like that...hard to predict, many potential health issues and very contagious since we can be infected by someone who is literally running a marathon and feeling no symptoms.

corona.png

I found this to be very helpful:

I found this to be very helpful:

That is really a great article. Thank you for posting it.

Our store was crazy busy the day before Mother's Day (but not so much on the day of). People were not practicing social distancing.

However when didn't have anyone watching the lanes half the day. WTF?

I am thinking it is going to be crazy Memorial Day Weekend even though Michigan's lockdown doesn't end until 5/29.

Our store was crazy busy the day before Mother's Day (but not so much on the day of). People were not practicing social distancing.

However when didn't have anyone watching the lanes half the day. WTF?

I am thinking it is going to be crazy Memorial Day Weekend even though Michigan's lockdown doesn't end until 5/29.

omg when is memorial day? Is it too late to request that weekend off (at least the Saturday). We had two cashiers at any given time on the Saturday before Mother's day. AP was more or less acting as the SETL for part of the day. The line was all the way to market.

I think that the second wave will be worse than the first. Everyone is so sick of being stuck inside that there might just be a mad rush of people everywhere. More so than before the whole lockdown happened.

It will.

People aren't really understanding the psychological effects of lockdown. Like no shit people are gonna rush out. People are BORED and depressed

Well this is neither here nor there, but I think some are shopping as a rebellious sort of thing. Don’t tell me not to shop shopping. I was at a Home Depot to get a specific light bulb for a specific kitchen light that went out and I needed light. As I walked along some end caps seeing what I needed, a woman without a mask shook her head at me and made some sort of sneer as she walked by. Next thing I know is that she stopped, turned around and then stood right next to me looking at the same specific light bulbs I specifically needed. Now if that wasn’t intentional, what is? It’s one thing to face them at Target, it’s another to face them when you’re not working.

When you're not working is easy. At the pharmacy I barked "Social distance please" at someone that in the real world was an acceptable distance, and he backed up to 6 feet. I actually wasn't bothered (what's he going to do, breathe germs on my ass?) but I was passed off I had to follow the rules and wear a mask and he was breaking the rules.

Well this is neither here nor there, but I think some are shopping as a rebellious sort of thing. Don’t tell me not to shop shopping. I was at a Home Depot to get a specific light bulb for a specific kitchen light that went out and I needed light. As I walked along some end caps seeing what I needed, a woman without a mask shook her head at me and made some sort of sneer as she walked by. Next thing I know is that she stopped, turned around and then stood right next to me looking at the same specific light bulbs I specifically needed. Now if that wasn’t intentional, what is? It’s one thing to face them at Target, it’s another to face them when you’re not working.
Lift mask and cough in her general direction.

Back