COVID-19 Coronavirus...

I'm not sure which thread to post this in. @commiecorvus please move it if need be.

Yep that's definitely gonna happen. Cue lockdown again, only this time without grocery stores because they've all been burned to the ground.

My apartment community is only doing emergency maintenance right now, routine stuff is waiting until COVID-19 dies down a lot. My garbage disposal quit working and since I didn't know if they would consider no action but a really weird hum to be a plumbing or electrical emergency I called them. Routine, yuk, but the woman at the office told me there's four maintenance technicians for the entire property and three of them have tested positive for COVID-19. They can't get hold of one of the sick technicians, they have no idea what has happened to him.

My apartment community is only doing emergency maintenance right now, routine stuff is waiting until COVID-19 dies down a lot. My garbage disposal quit working and since I didn't know if they would consider no action but a really weird hum to be a plumbing or electrical emergency I called them. Routine, yuk, but the woman at the office told me there's four maintenance technicians for the entire property and three of them have tested positive for COVID-19. They can't get hold of one of the sick technicians, they have no idea what has happened to him.
Try using the Allen wrench on the bottom of the disposal. That might fix it. 965D847A-EF28-4F15-9D82-681A8746CCE3.png

I'll wait, I'll just scrape dishes as if I didn't have a disposal. Drano cleaned out what was there when I found out it wasn't turning on. It leaks whenever I turn it on, which is why I'd rather not mess with it, the two may be related.

I just hope the three maintenance guys are okay. 🙁

I'll wait, I'll just scrape dishes as if I didn't have a disposal. Drano cleaned out what was there when I found out it wasn't turning on. It leaks whenever I turn it on, which is why I'd rather not mess with it, the two may be related.

I just hope the three maintenance guys are okay. 🙁

Just try the allen wrench as @Hardlinesmaster suggested. If it's leaking that might not fix the disposal entirely. But, a weird hum from a disposal normally means that something is jammed in there so the blades can't turn. Using the wrench removes the jam.

Does anyone know why there is no longer hand sanitizer on checklanes for cashiers? I noticed this when our state was in phase 2 or reopening. There wasn't bleach at the checklanes either.

So, Target put out a pretty good statement about their efforts related to BLM and racial equality.

Do you suppose that would extend to masks on TMs? If a TM wore a Black Lives Matter or I Can't Breathe mask or similar, do you suppose Target would allow that?

So, Target put out a pretty good statement about their efforts related to BLM and racial equality.

Do you suppose that would extend to masks on TMs? If a TM wore a Black Lives Matter or I Can't Breathe mask or similar, do you suppose Target would allow that?
probably gonna depend on your store

i feel like they might say no tho purely on the grounds that it could start up conflict with other tms/guests

it shouldnt because everyone *should* be on board with BLM but unfortunately thats how it be

probably gonna depend on your store

i feel like they might say no tho purely on the grounds that it could start up conflict with other tms/guests

it shouldnt because everyone *should* be on board with BLM but unfortunately thats how it be

You can support black lives and not BLM-the-group.

So... can we stop having to wear masks now?
WHO is addressing asymptomatic sick folks, people who have near zero symptoms the entire time. CDC is focused on pre-symptomatic, people who haven't had symptoms yet but they are coming. Different kettle of fish, one can get really, really sick but pass it along a few days before the symptoms hit and they end up in the hospital.

WHO is addressing asymptomatic sick folks, people who have near zero symptoms the entire time. CDC is focused on pre-symptomatic, people who haven't had symptoms yet but they are coming. Different kettle of fish, one can get really, really sick but pass it along a few days before the symptoms hit and they end up in the hospital.
Exactly Tessa. Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic are two different things.

Who knows who's asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic? I'm not taking anyone's word for anything, that's for sure. My sister's coworker hid her symptoms from her bosses, although my sister was aware - the girl apparently thought it was allergies. Why she felt she needed to hide them, and why my sister didn't demand that she go home immediately, is still a mystery to me. Thankfully everyone was wearing masks and distancing so no one else tested positive.

I'm certainly not going to trust that every guest that enters our store and every TM that comes to work is A-Ok.

As far as your sister's coworker, I can guess, seeing how I kept showing up while sick and then being sent right on home mid-February.

You want to believe it's allergies. No one wants to be sick, not even a bout of the common cold, it's easy to tell yourself that there's a reasonable explanation. If you're telling yourself that, then you are also going to tell others that. If the symptoms are odd, it makes it even easier to believe it's allergies on steroids because it's not fitting the sick blueprint that your mind knows.

Then add in that there's a ton of reasons to not call out sick. For me I was on salary but I also was in training and would lose valuable training time, and my training salary had a firm ending even if I was out sick and lost training days. Other people are hourly and don't have sick pay. Managers also don't want you sick, they want you productive, which is why one day that I wasn't sent home, near the end of the day I was probably suffering mild delirium (not uncommon when I have a bad cold or similar illness) but the manager didn't say a word.

I've often said allergies until I hit a point where my body feels like it was walloped repeatedly with a hammer and then dragged across the parking lot. Because if it is allergies then it's not going to get bad, I'll be able to function well, I just need my Sudafed and Benadryl. And it's an easy lie to myself, considering how many allergies I have, especially to the cats that sleep in bed with me. And trying to believe it's allergies may actually lessen the symptoms some, as the placebo effect is real. And if I don't go to work I likely won't be paid (most of my hourly wage working life), if I'm even allowed to call out. And if I have duties that are unique to me, then losing time at work means setting myself up for failure when I go back.

Besides, it's probably because I haven't changed the pillow cases lately and there's fur all over the pillows themselves. So it's gotta be allergies. I'll be fine, just need to pop the Sudafed and Benadryl.

I've read a couple articles/twitter threads related to this that indicate this is misleading. It's attempting to distinguish between truly asymptomatic carriers (much harder to monitor) with pre-symptomatic carriers (a bit easier, but still harder) and while it appears that fully asymptomatic carrier transmission is rare, the data isn't great and doesn't hold up for pre-symptomatic carriers, and it's looking more and more like fully asymptomatic carriers are rare. If I understand it all correctly.

Back