Archived Cosmetics question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I have a question about cosmetics. An ETL asked me one day if I could think of some reasons why a particular cosmetics brand wasn't really selling. How does Target choose the cosmetics that they want to sell in stores? Do they compare various brand sales with other retail stores? Or are they trying to compete with high-end make-up brand retailers? I notice that they keep some brands and get rid of others. Lately I've had guest ask me for brands that Target discontinued.

giphy.gif

To be honest, it is likely the brands advertising that is affecting how it sells. Very little to do with target. Does the brand have a shipper? If so, set the shipper on a sidecap. Really not much you can do.

At a store level, the product should be set to POG correctly (signed with ISM, labeled, zoned, correct fixtures used, product pushed forward, stocked to capacity, back stocked, researched, etc.)

Clean up or replace any fixtures that are messy (looking at you nail polish all over the place.)

How does Target choose the cosmetics that they want to sell in stores?
It's decided by buyers and merchandisers who work at corporate.

I know that doesn't really answer how, but that's how it ends up in your store.

It's decided by buyers and merchandisers who work at corporate.

I know that doesn't really answer how, but that's how it ends up in your store.
I do, as I got a quick lesson on mysupport recently. You have cosmetics buyers for all the brands we sell. they decide after they look at the 'forecast' for your store. So if something goes d-code its because the buyer decided the forecast is negative. Why? sales, placement and other metrics we dont have access too.

As for etl wondering about why a particular brand doesn't sell? Ask the guests.

Thanks for the responses. I am a part of the E2E for cosmetics. So far I am the only one working in the area until they can hire more help. Our cosmetics haven't been doing good as far as sales and the ETLs are asking me questions about it. The zone isn't bad but I suspect it's because a new UTLA store is in the area and a new Sephora is coming soon so I thought that may be a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back