Archived Cosmetics Tips & Tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seriousmoonlight

flow team, cosmetics
Hii! :)

I am a flow team member, and this past week, we switched to Tuesday/Saturday truck days. I work 8am to 2:30pm. I am tasked with getting our cosmetics and accessories department stocked (by myself.)

Last week, i had three full carts of cosmetics + full 3-tier to be put out by 2:30 in addition to three more carts of accessories to be out by 4 (I offered to stay late.)

One box needed every item scanned, due to some being new items. That felt like a time-suck, lol.
I ended up sorting everything by brand into baskets to take them to their respective aisles. (Our cosmetics dept. is about 14 aisles, if counting all sides. We get a reset in April!)

I'm not sure if it is just me, but coupled with my breaks, helping guests and backing up, this seems a bit unrealistic..?
Anyway, I ended up getting cosmetics backstocked, and all my trash taken back around 3:30. They finally sent someone to help me with accessories and the three of us got it done at 4:45.

A coworker told me in confidence everyone was harping on my "time management skills", so any tips would really help me out! I really enjoy my job and would like to be the best I can at it.

I would maybe even sort down to hand baskets, and strip as much packaging as possible. But in general with guests they are nuts. You will get faster as you get to know the area only to learn it again once it resets for the "transcend".

Thanks for the advice! So far, that's what I've been doing. I have been in cosmetics for about.. 4 months, so I know the area pretty well...
I just can't pinpoint how to be faster - I feel like I'm moving as fast as I am physically able. :(

I'm excited for the reset, as it sounds easier to stock.

Thanks for the advice! So far, that's what I've been doing. I have been in cosmetics for about.. 4 months, so I know the area pretty well...
I just can't pinpoint how to be faster - I feel like I'm moving as fast as I am physically able. :(

I'm excited for the reset, as it sounds easier to stock.

I'm confused.. So you push the merchandise from the truck and back stock it? Are you coded flow team? Sales floor? Backroom? Sounds like a certain ETL and STL have different interpretations of best practice.

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant by 'backstocked', was rubber-banding everything small, and then placing everything to be backstocked in a three-tier and taking it to the backroom. Backroom TMs take care of the rest.

Since I posted this, I had a great day Tuesday, everything done on time.

Granted, not nearly as many tiny boxes! Those are what get me, I think. Individual nail polishes, lipsticks, eyeliners, etc.
Not to mention then rubber-banding all those tiny things for backstocking, which have to be grouped by their shades into threes. Is every store this way? :rolleyes:

Since I posted this, I had a great day Tuesday, everything done on time.

Granted, not nearly as many tiny boxes! Those are what get me, I think. Individual nail polishes, lipsticks, eyeliners, etc.
Not to mention then rubber-banding all those tiny things for backstocking, which have to be grouped by their shades into threes. Is every store this way? :rolleyes:

No. We use small repack boxes, and back room bands it how they want it.

Ohh, I wish ours worked that way some days! They are very particular.

We have a three tier set up with small wacos zip tied in both tiers so the different groups of eaches can be separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back