Archived Coupon policy change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFza1Fi.png

Oh man, I've been away from the lanes for a few so I look forward to checking in with the front to see if we're doing this because I can't wait to turn away so many people.

Yup the GSTLs at my store just informed us yesterday of this change. Makes me so happy to see that we're finally allowed to say no these scammers.

How do I view this document on workbench? The sooner we put this policy in effect, the better.

You can go to Target.com from home>scroll to the bottom>"coupons">"coupon policy".
We used to see some of these self-proclaimed 'stars' from Extreme Couponer shows advertise in the local paper, then days later these newbies would flood the store trying the same thing.
Actually had one quote what the 'seminar lady' said when she got denied.
I'd love to be there with a camera today :D

Damn I wish I could be working GSA right now just so I could shut some of these assholes down.

This is so effing awesome lol.

It's a good step forward for Target because they're starting to realize that pandering to such 'guests' has NO benefit.
Backing the stores on this could also be the start in showing support for team members, which could be huge.
It's a simple concept when you train your people in policy & BACK them on it, you show that you have their back & you value them.
Herb Kelleher (CEO Southwest Airlines) did the same for his workers, never tolerated customers treating his staff badly. He once said that "such customers aren't good for business any way. They make unreasonable demands which are unfair to good customers & actually hurt business."
Walmart did a small thing by offering THEIR associates regular schedules which allows them to make plans outside of WORK be it a second job, taking classes, spending time with the family. Work/life balance, anyone?

It's a good step forward for Target because they're starting to realize that pandering to such 'guests' has NO benefit.
Backing the stores on this could also be the start in showing support for team members, which could be huge.
It's a simple concept when you train your people in policy & BACK them on it, you show that you have their back & you value them.
Herb Kelleher (CEO Southwest Airlines) did the same for his workers, never tolerated customers treating his staff badly. He once said that "such customers aren't good for business any way. They make unreasonable demands which are unfair to good customers & actually hurt business."
Walmart did a small thing by offering THEIR associates regular schedules which allows them to make plans outside of WORK be it a second job, taking classes, spending time with the family. Work/life balance, anyone?

Yeah I have to agree with @redeye58 here. I never understood why we should "make it right" for the guest when these guests are just abusing our policies and hurting business. I can't tell you how many times these extreme couponers shut down a lane and hogged up a cashier (or cashiers) from anything like 25min-1hr. Not to mention they always wipe out our shelves of HBA products which will end up at another store returned in some cases.

The extreme couponing was bad enough.
But when the return fraud started, that was just TOO much because certain items went red/destroy upon return so THAT was a loss on top of the misuse of coupons in general.

I still think it is great Corp is realizing that there are some situations that saying "NO" is the right thing. I liked how things used to be when if there was a situation that a guest for example was shopping 3 different times and kept getting a busted blender and we let them get the part they needed from one on the shelf. Saying "yes" all the time no matter what makes us seem like "tools"

Yeah...I talked with my ETL. He said that AP jumped the gun giving that to us, and he will talk to the STL, but it looks like we won't be following the new policy here.

I knew it was too good to be true.

It wasn't even mentioned to us. Usually with a policy change, it is mentioned IMMEDIATELY. No word of it. I was off today, but if it did go into effect yesterday we should have heard something of it. I'm doubting my store will accept this policy. It's all about those surveys, baby...plus we just got a really shitty one from an extreme couponer, and she called HQ on us. So there's that...

After two weeks of throwing a fit about it, the scammers would realize the company is serious and they will go away.

But for now, the store execs are too afraid of not being backed up by the people in the district/group so they won't go with the new policy. It's sad, really.

I just went onto target.com to check out the changes, and the part of the site with the coupon policy has an invalid security certificate.

Why am I not surprised?

Also, will the policy board behind the service desk be updated to reflect the new coupon policy?

Man, just as I'm leaving too! Honestly the service desk was always the worst with scammers. We had guests who were always either mad because we had to help the scammers and or we had guests who were appalled that we had to help them and basically lose money. We also just recently banned a scammer because she was just too much! Too bad I'm leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back