Archived Coupon policy change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It came down from corporate! Effective immediately we (all Targets) are to turn down returns from all coupon scammers. The policy is supposedly corrected on the website coupon policy.

We are wondering if corporate and the district/group will back us up, but for now, we do the Target dance of joy!

Nice! So this applies to those guest whom bring in those large HBA returns? Even if they have a receipt, we can turn them down?

Nice! So this applies to those guest whom bring in those large HBA returns? Even if they have a receipt, we can turn them down?

Yes. We are to now turn them down. Naturally the website hasn't been updated that I can see. But AP showed me the official paperwork. We are actually supposed to deny the purchases as well, and be sure all coupons match exactly, no exceptions. They also told us to stop taking all expired coupons.

Ooh! It is on the website!

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores. While use of coupons and other discounts provide a way to achieve great deals, abuse is prevalent in today’s environment. Store leaders have the ability to deny a purchase or return if guests’ reoccurring behavior becomes disruptive or the items are shown not to be for the purpose of using or gifting. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below.

Website says the value of the coupon may go on a giftcard. Is that new, or is that what we should have been doing all along?

party-time.138100225_std.jpeg

Website says the value of the coupon may go on a giftcard. Is that new, or is that what we should have been doing all along?

That isn't new. The register is supposed to kick it onto a gift card after a specific amount...but of course then people just used the gift cards to buy more stuff with gift cards or high end items they could sell for cash.

I think this is a win/win solution. Couponers can still coupon legitimately and hopefully we'll be able to keep the sale items in stock. Only time will tell, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

The website was finally updated... good! We got a handout about a month ago that pretty much stated the LOD can deny a return. At my store we VIBE'd big time and were getting scammed left and right. It's dropped a lot since the LODs started denying the worst abusers. Unfortunately, not all the LODs are on board with this for whatever reason. I still have to keep in mind who's LOD before I make a call.

The website was finally updated... good! We got a handout about a month ago that pretty much stated the LOD can deny a return. At my store we VIBE'd big time and were getting scammed left and right. It's dropped a lot since the LODs started denying the worst abusers. Unfortunately, not all the LODs are on board with this for whatever reason. I still have to keep in mind who's LOD before I make a call.

Yeah, I suspect the ones who are more concerned about guest surveys are going to not be on board with this.

Yeah, until someone complains or fills out a bad survey, then the dtl/gvp will be all over store leadership to make the scammers happy again.
I see this as an extension of the new refuse resellers. Hopefully more is to come so we can stop giving the store away and start using good judgement when changing prices for true mistakes,

Yeah, I suspect the ones who are more concerned about guest surveys are going to not be on board with this.
Yup, that's exactly it.

I see this as an extension of the new refuse resellers. Hopefully more is to come so we can stop giving the store away and start using good judgement when changing prices for true mistakes,
Our DTL was the one who pushed for denying returns. At least that was the scuttlebutt. Fortunately, our new STL came from a store that didn't put up with shenanigans like that and brought it here.

Do the surveys even do anything the company will make sure the policy stays in effect.

You could always deny returns if you mysupported the asshole coupon abusers. I did this in the past, and was sent a link to a document from corporate authorizing the sale and return from coupon abusers. The document cited a list of approved stores, and that these stores should not share this info with other stores even in the same market. By bringing the issue to them they said we were authorized to enforce this policy.

Now getting your STL and leaders on board with this (before) yeah right. Glad to see it rolled out to everyone.

You could always deny returns if you mysupported the asshole coupon abusers. I did this in the past, and was sent a link to a document from corporate authorizing the sale and return from coupon abusers. The document cited a list of approved stores, and that these stores should not share this info with other stores even in the same market. By bringing the issue to them they said we were authorized to enforce this policy.

Now getting your STL and leaders on board with this (before) yeah right. Glad to see it rolled out to everyone.
Hba i got one question for you what are those.

Of course this happens right after I leave. :rolleyes: The coupon scammers were the absolute bane of my existence as a service desk TM & GSA. We've had people at the desk for literally hours fighting with me and the LOD over their fraudulent coupon returns, until our DTL brilliantly decided that we were to accept all returns even if they were fake couponed. For once, corporate made a good decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back