Coupons...

Does Target have an actual policy on accepting coupons for clearance items? We've experienced an increase in people using coupons on items that are on clearance. And these aren't little coupons. These are coupons giving $3 to $4 off, Leaving the guest to pay pennies for item(s). I've asked various leads and gotten multiple different answers.

Do you mean the coupons for air fresheners that they are using on the holiday scents? Perfectly fine. The vendor pays us back that money.

We treat coupons like cash because they are reimbursed as cash by the manufacturer when we send them back. Years ago a new cashier was throwing them away and STL/AP freaked. There have been cashiers coached because they kept good coupons to use again themselves, it’s a piece of paper but it’s stealing, like stealing cash eventually.

I've
We treat coupons like cash because they are reimbursed as cash by the manufacturer when we send them back. Years ago a new cashier was throwing them away and STL/AP freaked. There have been cashiers coached because they kept good coupons to use again themselves, it’s a piece of paper but it’s stealing, like stealing cash eventually.
I've seen nervous and "additional cashiers" toss them in cashier garbage bin and found plenty in there.

I'd freak out too.

As long as they are paying something for the item it is ok. We still have to follow normal coupon rules, and do what it says on coupon. Some coupons let you do 4 some only 2. They cannot do separate transactions once they have done the limit. They cannot go out to car come back a 10 minutes later and do more. The limit is per day. Most are per household so wife can’t do 4 then have hubby do 4.

We do accept coupons on clearance so long as all other policies are being followed and the coupon is legit and matches the product being bought

ASANTS but at my store this is correct. Coupon is forfeited upon use. I think it also says that on most coupons.
I have had guests insist that we MUST either return their coupon to them OR give them the money for it. Like others have said, they usually get the value on a gift card.
which seems like a pretty good incentive to return the item and get a gift card for the piece of paper.

I have had guests insist that we MUST either return their coupon to them OR give them the money for it. Like others have said, they usually get the value on a gift card.
which seems like a pretty good incentive to return the item and get a gift card for the piece of paper.
If a guest did that (and it was clearly a scam) I would deny the return per our policy

Back