COVID-19 Covid Cases Rising

Your stores do not send out the texts. If you are not getting texts, either there are no cases, you don't have a textable phone number on file, the team member is not reporting it to the store, or your SD/HR is not reporting it.

I imagine that stores with tms on paid Covid leave that haven't reported the cases would be found out.

Just got a COVID test today. I don’t see how it doesn’t come back positive considering my brother who had it was in the house for three days. But I’m not feeling any symptoms at all, hope it comes back positive so I never have to deal with it again.

Just got a COVID test today. I don’t see how it doesn’t come back positive considering my brother who had it was in the house for three days. But I’m not feeling any symptoms at all, hope it comes back positive so I never have to deal with it again.

You're not permanently safe against it unfortunately. Some people were able to be reinfected a few months after having had it the first time

You're not permanently safe against it unfortunately. Some people were able to be reinfected a few months after having had it the first time
Well back when they were talking about immunity, they said “at least 3 months”. Now that more time passed, they’re saying 5-7, and that’ll probably increase more as time passes on and they learn more.

Well back when they were talking about immunity, they said “at least 3 months”. Now that more time passed, they’re saying 5-7, and that’ll probably increase more as time passes on and they learn more.
That's good to hear. My info's outdated then, I'd heard you could get it after just a few months

Your stores do not send out the texts. If you are not getting texts, either there are no cases, you don't have a textable phone number on file, the team member is not reporting it to the store, or your SD/HR is not reporting it.

I imagine that stores with tms on paid Covid leave that haven't reported the cases would be found out.
Uh, um, so....yeah...
My number is textable, there have been several positive cases at my store that were/are on covid leave, a few are my buddies that contacted me to inform me personally.
At the beginning of the covid pandemic, I heard thru the gossip line that a couple of the early positive cases were mentioned in early morning huddles. That info was never passed on at afternoon or evening huddles. In fact, when I directly asked (during huddles) about whether our store had any positive cases, my closing lead looked like a deer caught in headlights and ignored my questions.
To this day, I have never received any txts, nor been informed by my store in any way, shape or form of any positive cases at my location.
I could say more, but don't want to give away my identity.
I understand what you are saying, but there's apparently a big ASANTS happening here.
I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk. I know there are protocols in place about who & how to inform the team. I'm just sayin'....it ain't happening at my store.

Uh, um, so....yeah...
My number is textable, there have been several positive cases at my store that were/are on covid leave, a few are my buddies that contacted me to inform me personally.
At the beginning of the covid pandemic, I heard thru the gossip line that a couple of the early positive cases were mentioned in early morning huddles. That info was never passed on at afternoon or evening huddles. In fact, when I directly asked (during huddles) about whether our store had any positive cases, my closing lead looked like a deer caught in headlights and ignored my questions.
To this day, I have never received any txts, nor been informed by my store in any way, shape or form of any positive cases at my location.
I could say more, but don't want to give away my identity.
I understand what you are saying, but there's apparently a big ASANTS happening here.
I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk. I know there are protocols in place about who & how to inform the team. I'm just sayin'....it ain't happening at my store.
Oops, forgot to mention that I get around! I have asked many team members if they have ever received txts about positive cases or been informed. Everybody I have spoken with has said "no".

I’m in HR and I know who has it and the text messages are not going out to the TM’s.

I have a friend who got it twice within a few months so I think YMMV
Yeah I’m not saying you can’t get it twice, it’s very rare though. Even the vaccine is 95% effective, meaning a 5% chance you can get it. You can even get the same strain of the flu twice. Either way, it’s not going to stop spreading until we get to herd immunity with the vaccine.

Somehow I tested negative. My brother, who tested positive, was at our house for three days while symptomatic. I got tested 6 days after the first contact. I’ll continue to monitor things but I’m feeling lucky.

Update: Two of my sisters’ tests came back negative. We’re still waiting for three other tests. We either have very strong immune systems, or are very lucky lol

Last edited:
I'll just straight up aquire gloves for my dept cause fuck I want gloves that fit and cleaning supplies.

If you have supervisor access to the register, just requistion them. That's what I do for my department. Everyone knows that if they want something PPE or cleaning related, they just need to ask me and I'll get it for them, no questions asked.

If you have supervisor access to the register, just requistion them. That's what I do for my department. Everyone knows that if they want something PPE or cleaning related, they just need to ask me and I'll get it for them, no questions asked.
That's exactly what happens. I'll get lysol whipes, good gloves, etc

We have boxes of gloves & masks all over the place at my store. Back when such things were scarce they kept them under lock & key, but there's no reason to now.

Yup we get masks when ever we need them. That's not the issue, the issue is the thin vinyl gloves that don't fit half my teams hand size(plus you look at those gloves wrong and they break) So I get the nice nitrile ones that do fit.

No mystery that increase cases is happening right after the holidays where stores let in an intense amount of guest and also slam stores with workload causing them to have more people working around each other.

Back